Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• concretestructures.jpg
    concretestructures.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 39
  • concretestructureloc.jpg
    concretestructureloc.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 36
You know, every time I look at the photos of her house and her bus stop, I can't stop thinking about what a hike that was for her to be making alone. There's not a ton of houses near hers and people outside or driving by it seems. I think school districts should enforce new rules for bus stops. Depending on the distance from a student's home to their bus stop, if it exceeds a certain number and there is only one student at that stop, the bus should be required to drive up to the child's home. Yes, it will take more time, but I would rather get my kid up and moving 20 minutes earlier and know they are going to be safe than walking so far all by themselves.

Well, so we know that she made it at least halfway down her block. Halfway down is about where more houses are. That may be where that one home caught video of his red car.
And no one heard her screaming for help? Then again it was pretty early in the morning and he could have used a stun gun, so she didn't get a chance. He didn't sneak up behind her, so she must have seen his car slowly approaching her. Very bold on his part, abducting her near houses. I always thought he drove up to her from behind on the road outside of Paquita Espana. Weird.

IMO, this could have driven to Uvan Canyon Park, just a few miles from Sierra's. It sits halfway between his house and hers. It is about 6 miles to the west. If he threw and unclothed body off the trail, it would be impossible to locate after a few weeks...as the body would be skeletonized and scattered. This park seem like an ideal place.

http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/uvas.html

This is where halfway down her block ends up - houses

How sad. IMO he probably rushed up on her, grabbed her and then roomed into the court for a quick turn-around and took back off and out of her street. Probably happened extremely fast - she possibly started to re-act and grab her phone and that was next. She had such a future in front of her.

You know, every time I look at the photos of her house and her bus stop, I can't stop thinking about what a hike that was for her to be making alone. There's not a ton of houses near hers and people outside or driving by it seems. I think school districts should enforce new rules for bus stops. Depending on the distance from a student's home to their bus stop, if it exceeds a certain number and there is only one student at that stop, the bus should be required to drive up to the child's home. Yes, it will take more time, but I would rather get my kid up and moving 20 minutes earlier and know they are going to be safe than walking so far all by themselves.

Where I live in NYS there are no longer any bus stops for children - all pickups & dropoffs are done directly in front of the home, and they even wait for the kids to get inside before leaving. There's a stretch that I drive where I often get stuck behind a schoolbus stopping literally a dozen times in a single block. Inconvenient, but I don't get annoyed because I love the safety aspect.

Don't know if that's a local rule or statewide, though.

All JMO

I think they delayed the arraignment because he was just assigned counsel.. the earlier link (that also mentioned a presser) said that such a delay was possible.

I don't think it means much.. just gives him time to meet with his court appointed atty.

(fwiw Huckaby did the same thing.. and also didn't plea for like three or four court appearances in the Sandra Cantu case)

He also has the right to the public defender of his choice. He gets to "interview" them and he gets to pick, so to speak. IF he went to the arraignment without one then one would have been appt for him. Doesn't mean he has to keep them, but he gets to pick and now we know he needs a death penalty qualified PD. :moo:

After reading LE's facts about the case, that those were Sierras clothes, I got to sign off for the day. The thought of Sierra being forced to strip (or her clothes removed by him) and be naked and at his mercy just makes me sick. Poor poor baby. She must have been terrified beyond belief.

I don't think she is alive - God rest her young soul. May the evidence be great and the trial be swift. And I pray they find her body so this family can have some kind of closure and bury their baby-girl.

I'm just so sad now - but I guess the more that does come out the sadder it will be.

I wish they would start executing the 619 sitting on death row. I have read files over hundreds of
these oxygen wasters and trust me, the world would be a better place. Till you walk the tiers and have to deal with them, I don't know if the people who are against them dying would feel the same.

To prevent what they are really like and telling you what some have done (who didn't get death) would make you violently ill, I will refrain from mentioning it.

With all due respect, and I am not quite caught up, but please don't assume that those folks who oppose the DP have never witnessed death row or "walk[ed] the tiers". Some of us have, and still do not agree with the DP.

We kill people in this country for killing people because killing people is wrong.

Of course this is not a DP debate - just asking you to please not make assumptions. I, for one, have walked the tiers, I've seen death row, I've read gruesome and intimate details in many case files. And still oppose the DP. I respect your right to support it, please allow me the safe space to oppose it.

Where I live in NYS there are no longer any bus stops for children - all pickups & dropoffs are done directly in front of the home, and they even wait for the kids to get inside before leaving. There's a stretch that I drive where I often get stuck behind a schoolbus stopping literally a dozen times in a single block. Inconvenient, but I don't get annoyed because I love the safety aspect.

Don't know if that's a local rule or statewide, though.

All JMO

I think that is excellent and exactly how it should be. Even teens are not safe. If there were other children on her street that were also on their way out to meet the bus, this may have never happened. Sierra's street is not very populated and the school should not have made her walk so far alone.

It may require bus drivers to get going a little earlier or districts would need to hire more drivers, but to know children are safe? Seems worth that extra time and money.

I guess it depends on what you call a "hike". It's .4 mile(s). To put it another way it's about 2112 feet.

I walk a mile in about 17 minutes. So I could walk .4 in less than 4 1/2 minutes.

Palm and Doughtery, Morgan Hill, CA to 18 Paquita Espana Ct, Morgan Hill, CA 95037 - Google Maps

you know...this whole time I ASSumed she was riding VTA, public transportation. Here in San Jose--because of budget cuts--most of our kids that have to go a further distance travel on VTA--no school buses are provided anymore except for our special ed programs. I guess I assumed that was the case in Morgan Hill as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw