Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is thought to be Sierra in any way, the evidence in the can is more important than ever...if in fact she had been in there this whole time, there has to be DNA there, IMO. I still don't understand removing the body at the scene though. Makes no sense at all, IMO.

Another thought.. being in a closed, humid container could preserve the contents longer than expect.

Good question and the only reason I'd suspect it's not her unless there have been heavy wind/rains in that area lately, causing the container to fall into the road?

I read that people had said it had been visible for 3 days. Regardless of who it is it is awfully sad for someone. jmo

Been dealing with other stuff. Has anyone had a chance to poke around and see who else this could be?

The only hesitation I have regarding what evidence LE and if it is enough to prove Sierra is dead, is the statements from her family, saying they don't yet believe she is dead, not until she is found, etc...If LE has convincing proof, rather than just a number of circumstances, I would think the family would know. I don't see LE wanting to give the family any hope if they know for sure and yet there seems to be a disconnect. I know families don't want to believe this kind of news, but it still seems strange that the murder charge did not do it for them. It would for me, I think...JMO but then I have a lot of confidence in LE as a rule.
I don't think any parents of a kidnapping/murder victim will ever believe that their child is dead until there is a body. I'm sure the family knows that there is strong evidence that points to Sierra being dead but they're holding on to what little hope there is that their daughter is still alive. I know that if my one of my daughters were kidnapped (knock on wood) and there was significant evidence that lead LE to believe she was deceased, regardless, I would always have faith that she was alive until I saw a body. JMO.

So the trash can was found in the middle of a slightly trafficked road?

Also, Sierra was 5'2". I'm 5'2" and an adult, al biet a small adult. Stretcher looks big but might have a lot of air/contents.

He could have stopped anywhere along the way and found a trash can in any town adding to the commute time. What was his trajectory and might there be a missing trash can along the way?

Thanks for pointing that out. Most 15 year old females have reached their adult height. (Of course, we can become fatter.. not that I ever would... ahem!).

In any event, there is no telling what may be piled on that stretcher beneath the sheet.

So with the link Mamamia provided the comments suggest that he actually may have made a deal to tell where the body is. And it may really be her ... now I am sick!

20120524__evtx0525pscene%7E1_GALLERY.JPG

A body was found in this trash can on Dublin Canyon Road, according to Pleasanton Police in Pleasanton, Calif., on Thursday, May 24, 2012. The body was found on Dublin Canyon Road near Laurel Creek Drive. (Doug Duran/Staff)

I'm almost positive I found the right one...

I think it's a United Solutions - Rubbermaid trash can.

If you enlarge it, the sticker is exactly the same, the handle has the same rivets (or whatever it's called - the grip part), the arch where the sticker is located is the same & the wheel well is the same. If this is the correct brand, then where can it be purchased besides Amazon?

United Solutions 45-Gallon Wheeled Rectangular Trash Can with Lid and Hook and Lock Handle, Black:Amazon

Been dealing with other stuff. Has anyone had a chance to poke around and see who else this could be?

Kinda sorts don't see anyone sticking out. Course should venture farther out there are lots other cities right there Dublin Sunol

So with the link Mamamia provided the comments suggest that he actually may have made a deal to tell where the body is. And it may really be her ... now I am sick!

The poster said his guess was that he would make a deal. The other posters were commenting on this body. jmo

The sheriff stated the following:

He's linked to one of the three other assaults through 'FORENSIC EVIDENCE:.

Hmmmm, wonder what that FORENSIC EVIDENCE might be?

I do not believe the other case had dna.. it was an uncompleted attack. I think they got prints from the tazer... :moo:

eta: fingerprints are also forensic evidence so this could be possible

that's good enough for me....I'll take that, it's worth just as much as if they had his DNA.

Actually, I think it is BETTER. His family can claim that LE framed him using the old DNA sample, OR by somehow falsifying the fingerprint exemplar, but to have BOTH makes for a stronger case, IMO. He is linked to each case a different way, so it is like a "double-check."

The poster said his guess was that he would make a deal. The other posters were commenting on this body. jmo

Yes. Thats what I meant to say. Sometimes I don't express myself very well due to the fact my fingers type faster than my thoughts.

Actually, I think it is BETTER. His family can claim that LE framed him using the old DNA sample, OR by somehow falsifying the fingerprint exemplar, but to have BOTH makes for a stronger case, IMO. He is linked to each case a different way, so it is like a "double-check."

I wonde what publicity seeking attorney is going to get his case. That is why today was probably delayed they are out trying to get some famous attorney, or attorneys are jumping all over them trying to get hired.

Baez can't practice law in California can he? oh perish the thought. jmo

Not to make light of what is clearly a tragedy, but some time back I remember sreshowtime climbing in different size containers to see if a human body could fit. The resulting posts were pretty funny, Oriah was razzing her.

I'm 5'5, not gonna say what I weigh, but I can fit in a 45 Gal can.

Don't think this poor person is Sierra though, MOO. That photo of the can looks like one you would buy at Home Depot or OSH, not one issued by a waste collection company, fwiw.

OH Sreshowtime...
could you PLEASE post those ...Er.... Investigative pix.. Just so that we can learn more about this case?:please:

...Purely for the sake of learning, of course... :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members