Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the news this week, other defendants unwilling to plead, have been brought up short by judges who put a stop to such delays. We can hope that the hearing this month is productive at last. Even if Garcia-Torres has a strategy, the refusal to enter a plea over these months, makes "not guilty" seem calculated & disingenuous. (If you are not guilty, you know it straight away.)

This smug wanna be gangsta is still trying to call the shots with his delays. Unfortunately for him, this will backfire and cause even more stringent sanctions against him. And of course, when we find Sierra, it's game over for AGT the mistake of nature. Justice will be served, and the rest is between him and Him. No justice we can serve on earth compares what we must face in the afterlife.

This is ridiculous. Of course her friends need to move on. It may haunt the deep recesses of her mind, but they need to be resilient. Where will a lifetime of wallowing in uncertainty get them?

Sierra family has a very large support group and that includes some of Sierra's friends.
It is hit and miss out here folks. A large rugged search area. 0-2000 foot elevation on 2 sides with many parks.. The one thing that is hard to find is a privacy spot. Some think he attacked her in the back seat of the car. I do not think so. He is a big boy. He does not fit into the car. I have to believe there is another person involved and that Sierra was taken to this other persons home where the attack occured. That is the most likely private spot in my humble opinion. With no words from the Sheriff office to help us find her. I do not think any law enforcment is even working the case to find Sierra. They are just giggle happy they have him. They are probably waiting for this other person to fall into their lap. It ain't gonna happen and LE is in left field if they think it will go that way.
jmho

Sierra family has a very large support group and that includes some of Sierra's friends.
It is hit and miss out here folks. A large rugged search area. 0-2000 foot elevation on 2 sides with many parks.. The one thing that is hard to find is a privacy spot. Some think he attacked her in the back seat of the car. I do not think so. He is a big boy. He does not fit into the car. I have to believe there is another person involved and that Sierra was taken to this other persons home where the attack occured. That is the most likely private spot in my humble opinion. With no words from the Sheriff office to help us find her. I do not think any law enforcment is even working the case to find Sierra. They are just giggle happy they have him. They are probably waiting for this other person to fall into their lap. It ain't gonna happen and LE is in left field if they think it will go that way.
jmho

Interesting theory! I keep going back to the shed where her Juicy purse was found with neatly folded clothing. That just seems to tell me she was trying to buy time by folding her things and placing them in her purse... and the shed seems a very likely place for an assault.

If you are right about another being involved, LE should check local ER/medical facilities to see if anyone sought treatment for wounds on the day/days after she went missing. She might have put up a fight (aka Mickey Shunick) or the someone might have gotten hurt trying to hide her somewhere...

I tend to think thugs like to act alone, unless he has history showing otherwise...

There is a video showing the suspect and another young fellow in a bedroom and smoking drugs of some form. If I were LE I would go find that other guy. That is his friend and it will lead to others and possibly answers.

Other then that his own father could be the families best chance in getting the location of Sierra.

I think his family has been told by his attorney to not talk. I was betting his mother as the best one for information.

I think it is a darn shame that people in the know don't have to talk and can't be pressured to tell where a child's body is located. We are losing so many children and these perps just sit there and laugh at it all. I don't want to hear about their stupid constitutional rights either. They don't deserve any. When you harm a child, you should lose those rights. It is getting worse and worse. They are hiding bodies better and they are getting attorneys sooner.

I think his family has been told by his attorney to not talk. I was betting his mother as the best one for information.

I think it is a darn shame that people in the know don't have to talk and can't be pressured to tell where a child's body is located. We are losing so many children and these perps just sit there and laugh at it all. I don't want to hear about their stupid constitutional rights either. They don't deserve any. When you harm a child, you should lose those rights. It is getting worse and worse. They are hiding bodies better and they are getting attorneys sooner.

I do agree...except it is difficult, if not impossible, for LE to know/prove that the person knows where a body is. They may suspect it, i.e. Terri Horman, but if they cannot prove it enough for an arrest even, I don't know how they could try to force them to tell. And of course, once a person is charged, they can't make them say a word. Catch-22 for LE and the state.

I do NOT believe this guy had an accomplice, though. At best, maybe his family could provide ideas as to where he might have gone with Sierra, and maybe they have done so. But of course, no one can make them, if they are insisting on his innocence. His lawyers are probably making sure his family is keeping quiet.

Yes. Do a little checking in to how some of these lifers are living. Richard Allen Davis the miscreant that abused and murdered Polly Klaas is a perfect example. He has "fans" he corresponds with, attends all sorts of hobby shops, has waffles, steak, and food that most people can only get as a special treat. The San Quentin prison menu sounds like the Four Seasons compared to what "civilians" eat. Prison is a freakin country club for this losers. Why wouldn't they commit crimes? They go "home" and brag about their deeds and get "creds".
I agree with whoever said it would have been his Mom who talked. She seemed like a good lady. And I bet she knows where Sierra is. Because she does seem to be a good person, I'm sure she's not sleeping well at night either. Let's pray she does the right thing.

Is this delay all about waiting to see how much LE will reveal about their evidence? As in Mickey's case? As soon as the evidence was made public, the plea, and the discovery of her body followed very quickly...

I think it's about the Constitution.
His original lawyer stepped down because he was so close to retirement.
I think he took it to start with because he thought it was going to be a
slam dunk to top off his career.
That didn't turn out to be the case.

The tactic is to give the new attorney time to review the case and be able
to offer a defense.
The clock won't start until a plea is entered. That would severely limit the time the PDs office would have had to prepare.
He will plead not guilty.
The defense from what I understand has cell phone records subpoenaed.
An interesting turn of events.

I think it's about the Constitution.
His original lawyer stepped down because he was so close to retirement.
I think he took it to start with because he thought it was going to be a
slam dunk to top off his career.
That didn't turn out to be the case.

The tactic is to give the new attorney time to review the case and be able
to offer a defense.
The clock won't start until a plea is entered. That would severely limit the time the PDs office would have had to prepare.
He will plead not guilty.
The defense from what I understand has cell phone records subpoenaed.
An interesting turn of events.

Yep and imo those cell records just may be damning to the perp.. Otherwise why would the defense not immediately turn them over to the da. . If they cleared him so to speak you know the defense would be hurriedly handing them over to da.. Jmo

I thought the next court date was in October?

I hope I'm wrong!

Okay, I take it back! jeez.

Your pondering question wasn't wrong at all. I think kids that age can only absorb and understand the finality of her passing to a certain degree. For others, its too frightening and they dissociate. I hope they have been offered group counseling to work through it as best they can. It will impact them forever, no doubt.

Yep and imo those cell records just may be damning to the perp.. Otherwise why would the defense not immediately turn them over to the da. . If they cleared him so to speak you know the defense would be hurriedly handing them over to da.. Jmo

The fact they are having to subpoenae them in the first place, tells me this is something new the prosecution hasn't gotton because THEY would have to turn them over to the defense even if it was exculpatory.

It means they aren't being willingly offered. They are having to take legal action to get them.
I suspect the cell phone records are not AG's.
I think they are someone else who has seemed to have made conflicting stories about Sierra's phone. Perhaps their own as well.

I believe that Sierra's phone records would have already been sought by investigators, therefore no need to subpoenae hers.
But, perhaps not other members of her family, until now.

Likewise AG's cellphone records would already be of case record, so not his either.

Who's records do you think they are going after?

hey isn't AGT in court today? bump for sierra, hope she is found this week and that creep gets what he deserves

Yes... I believe there was a court date set for the perp today?

Has anyone heard/read anything?

TIA

I searched google and it seems like the trial is still today just not until 2:00PM west coast time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc