Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some Wsers are waiting for the end of the day to read all the tweets at once?

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
Lopez: no drag marks on her clothing, just mud.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
Lopez: also there's nothing unique about carpet and car mat fibers on Sierra's clothes. DA said they came from def's car.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
So what we have here is a systematic attempt by the defense to weaken if not destroy jurors' faith in forensic evidence.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 7m7 minutes ago
....single strand of #SierraLaMar's hair was not on rope when found, says defense team. Poses question to jury: where did it come from?
@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 10m10 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar murder case. Jury seeing evidence found in #GarciaTorres' car trunk. Defense attacking fiber evidence.
@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 22m22 minutes ago
#GarciaTorres attorney asserts forensic evidence in #SierraLamar case 'cross contaminated' by what's known as 'transfer' from other sources

Lopez: "Not a single glass bead (from the roadway) was in that car," meaning Garcia-Torres' VW Jetta.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 46s46 seconds ago
Morning court session is drawing to a close. Defense says he has about a half an hour more, will resume at 1:30 pm.

This is the case that brought me to Websleuths. My mom lives about 2 miles from where Sierra was likely abducted, so I am familiar with the area. I can't believe we are coming up on 5 years... But I am happy to see some of those that were here when the news first broke out are still posting here.

This is one of the saddest and most frustrating cases I've followed. AGT's silence is sickening and his defense is scum, I can't believe he hasn't even budged. Has anyone heard any info about his family in recent days?

DR006 nothing haa been heard from his family for a while
Since you were local if you know anything please let us know

So is the defense saying that the dna isn't AGT's? or was planted by the police? If my memory is correct the dna was found and then was run thru a database which matched a few people including AGT. So how does the defense think that police acquired the original dna sample? They just picked AGT's name out and hoped that he didn't have an alibi for that day? How does that work? Also if the beads (from the road) were found on the clothes and the clothes were put inside the purse why would they find the beads inside the car?

Maybe some Wsers are waiting for the end of the day to read all the tweets at once?

Emi is having a problem with Chrome as well as others are experiencing the same thing. Some are also having a problem posting on WS....per posts a page or so back. TD said they had all the tweets...will go check it out.

Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 35m35 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar trial: Defense says beads fr. road on Sierra's clothing will prove Garcia-Torres is innocent. Did not find beads in car. #ktvu
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 39m39 minutes ago
Legal analyst Steven Clark weighs in on #SierraLaMar murder trial: "Clear from case today battleground is DNA evidence." #ktvu Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 41m41 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar search volunteer coordinator Roger Nelson says trial is welcome, hearts go out to family and for justice. #ktvu

Attachments

• roger nelson.jpeg
    roger nelson.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 35
  • steve-today3.jpg
    steve-today3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 39
  • jury drawing.jpg
    jury drawing.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 39
I would have thought this trial would have garnered more attention here but there are only 12 interested at the moment.. :(

I stop by here but I'm on twitter reading the tweets in real time. Perhaps, that's what some others are doing as well. Been waiting for this trial for a long time.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 27s27 seconds ago
Lopez says you can't calculate probability stats for mixed DNA, attacking the DA's assertions.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
Lopez criticizes complicated mixtures of DNA in tiny amounts, which he said was found in this case.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
Lopez tells jury that DNA evidence can be transferred via another person. Also, says that contact DNA Is durable, withstands soap, alcohol.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 11m11 minutes ago
Yesterday, DA said moisture from rain could have caused it to flicker.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 12m12 minutes ago
Lopez claims her phone at 10:45 the night she disappeared went back on the network, indicating it could have been moved.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 15m15 minutes ago
Lopez: "You're not going to hear any evidence she was killed, none."
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 18m18 minutes ago
other clerks wil testify that the 9-volt battery packages popped open often, forcing clerks to stuff them back in & tape up the package.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 20m20 minutes ago
...he was really good at "go-back," meaning returning items to the shelf, accding to the manager who wil testify.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 22m22 minutes ago
Lopez: There's an innocent explanation for Mr. Garcia-Torres' fingerprint on the battery. He bagged groceries at Safeway, also ...
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 27m27 minutes ago
Is a mistake." About the fingerprint on stun gun battery, Lopez says that the prosecution hasn't shown when the print got there or how.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 30m30 minutes ago
Re Safeway attacks, Lopez says, "Was it potentially a robbery, we don't know. To leap to the conclusion it was an attempted kidnapping...
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 32m32 minutes ago
Lopez: "You're going to hear shame evidence that doesn't prove anything. It's meant to distract you but it's not true."
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 35m35 minutes ago
Lopez stresses that DA has to prove a crime was committed in the first place. He's trying to raise doubt b/c of the lack of a body
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 39m39 minutes ago
#sierralamar Defense Atty Al Lopez stats opening statement, reminding jury to keep an open mind, throughout trial.

It seems like the def team is really simplifying things and making some stretches. I think it's a long shot that his fingerprints got on a battery from a package coming open, AGT repackaging it and the attacker purchasing that package to use in the stun gun. Very low probability of that happening. I guess that they are doing their job by bringing it up. *Stretch* imo

YESorNO said:

And some of us are 10 hours ahead Pacific Time, and have to wait to read them tomorrow... :gaah:

SurfCity said:
snipped by me...
Also if the beads (from the road) were found on the clothes and the clothes were put inside the purse why would they find the beads inside the car?

Ah Ha - very good! Also, that's a "new" piece of evidence we didn't hear about at first.

Well - it's almost 11:30pm here, so can't wait until they get back at 1:30pm Pacific time...

Will be back tomorrow morning to catch up!

:eek:fftobed:

I would have thought this trial would have garnered more attention here but there are only 12 interested at the moment.. :(
I'm on my phone and reading as I can but am baby sitting and unable to thank and post right now. Been waiting for this for a long time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
Garcia-Torres cooperated voluntarily. Just cuz he masturbated, tossed tissue doesn't mean he's bad person, Lopez said. It's shame evidence.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 10m10 minutes ago
Defense attorney Al Lopez resumes his opening, claiming another sample, from def's car as was contaminated.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 29s29 seconds ago
Bleach is shame evidence, Lopez said. He bought it for laundry. No mud, bleach stains, nothing consistent with wht DA said was done 2 Sierra

Lopez: "With all this evidence, you're going to see the government evidence is destroyed."

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Turkey baster? Lopez says Defense expert will testify it is typically used to extract THC from pot w lighter canister, also in his trunk.

Re Sierra's phone being on network after 10 pm, Garcia-Torres was home. "It creates a rock-solid alibi for Mr. Garcia-Torres," Lopez says.
"What they r presenting to u is not reliable," he adds.

Lopez is done w closing. Boyd puts 1st wit on stand at 2 pm. Sgt. Fabian Desantiago of sherriff's office.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 17s18 seconds ago
Sgt. talked to many of Sierra's friends on phone. "It was kind of chaotic, frantic. There was a lot of emotion."

It seems like the def team is really simplifying things and making some stretches. I think it's a long shot that his fingerprints got on a battery from a package coming open, AGT repackaging it and the attacker purchasing that package to use in the stun gun. Very low probability of that happening. I guess that they are doing their job by bringing it up. *Stretch* imo

Yes that's just silly, like he was actually "purse snatching" not really trying to attack people.

I cant believe the trial is finally here. Must be so hard for the family. Time to finally get justice for Sierra.

Thanks for the posts on here. I am in the UK so its bed time here. Will catch up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay