Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read somewhere this past week about a thirteen year old girl trying to be lured into a truck by an older man. I even saw a sketch of the man but dang I cant remember where I read it now.

It was close to the area because they were saying in the comment section that LE needed to check him out concerning Sierra.

IMO

The information was posted by someone in a comment on this article, not sure if I can post exactly what was said here but it is at this link under the comments section

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...a-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html#comments

So if I was an abductor, my first concern would be getting rid of anything that traces me. The phone would go first and pings support this. The abductor takes off to the canyons or foothils, commits his crime then throws the purse out when he comes back to the area. Just thoughts circling in my head.

*Respectfully* Oh my gosh people can we stop with the parenting debates! I'm sure her Mom feels as though she should have done more now but it is not really getting us anywhere by debating who would have walked their child to the bus stop and who would have taken the cellphone off their child etc etc!
'

I could not agree more, shoulda, coulda, woulda...... at this point this child is missing, lets keep our eye on the ball. How all of us raise our children ( and we do it differently) plays no part in the fact that this girl is in trouble.

I read a comment from a person that use to live in that area and he said there are a lot of illegal farm workers there. If she disappeared from the end of the driveway it appears she knew him/her,them. Could she have become familiar with a worker in the field on her walk to and from the bus stop casually saying hi, making small talk?

Does anyone know if the mountains near sierras house are being searched?
I heard somewhere that the mountain sides aren't included in the 12mile search radius.
That would probably be a place a suspect would leave evidence..

I haven't found any that were like this. Where a girl disappears in such a short window without any trace. :( I looked ... but turned up nothing in the past 3 years or so.

I have not seen any girls go missing recently like that in the Bay Area. But we know it happens. It happened like that with Hailey Dunn in Texas and with Holly Bobo in Tn. [ although Hailey may have been missing earlier than was said.]

Almost makes me wonder if the perp is moving around the country.

Does anyone know if the mountains near sierras house are being searched?
I heard somewhere that the mountain sides aren't included in the 12mile search radius.
That would probably be a place a suspect would leave evidence..

Most of the searches were focused on closer in, but there were a few that were sent up to do some cursory checks and scouting.

This is totally normal, you always start with a small radius (usually a mile around the house) and then gradually expand out.

The problem is, there are so many directions to go from there that become very remote very quickly, lots of bodies of water, and lots of ravines to dump and roll. Once you start getting out of the flats it is a needle/haystack scenario.

The girls missing in CA that I saw are almost all Hispanic and listed as runaways.
I think if any other girls from Morgan Hill were missing, we probably would have heard about it this week, as usually the media brings it up when someone else goes missing.

How do they know all of those girls are runaways anyway? Do they leave notes? At least three went missing in CA in early 2011 that I saw...

The girls missing in CA that I saw are almost all Hispanic and listed as runaways.
I think if any other girls from Morgan Hill were missing, we probably would have heard about it this week, as usually the media brings it up when someone else goes missing.

How do they know all of those girls are runaways anyway? Do they leave notes? At least three went missing in CA in early 2011 that I saw...

Sadly, an awful lot of these kids are chronic runaways and have a history of it. That is not to say at all that something bad didn't happen to them or this time wasn't a runaway, but what are they to do?

That is disturbing (to me at least) that nearly all of them are listed as runaways. At least one on that list is also listed as pregnant.

What's bothering me is looking at ALL missing girls in the passed year. That are STILL missing.
CA has 40.
Texas has 6.
New York has 14.

CA has a population of about 38 mil.
TX and NY combined have 44 mil.

Why does CA have nearly DOUBLE the number of missing girls in the passed year? And most of them are runaways ? :waitasec::waitasec:

Most of the searches were focused on closer in, but there were a few that were sent up to do some cursory checks and scouting.

This is totally normal, you always start with a small radius (usually a mile around the house) and then gradually expand out.

The problem is, there are so many directions to go from there that become very remote very quickly, lots of bodies of water, and lots of ravines to dump and roll. Once you start getting out of the flats it is a needle/haystack scenario.

Hmmm, thanks for the info. It's just such a helpless feeling sitting here not knowing where she is how she's doing or what the truth is! Doesn't help that I live in a diff country, can't even go up the mountains myself.
How Long on average do investigators search extensively for before giving up

What's bothering me is looking at ALL missing girls in the passed year. That are STILL missing.
CA has 40.
Texas has 6.
New York has 14.

Why does CA have nearly DOUBLE the number of missing girls in the passed year? And most of them are runaways ? :waitasec::waitasec:

Compare ethnic make up as well in all 3 states.

CA has 40.
Texas has 6.
New York has 14.

I think it is partially due to the weather in California. Half of the year in NY it is impossible to be on the run. Too cold. But California is warm enough year around for kids to cruise around in abandoned homes and at the beach and in campgrounds. When we lived in Venice beach there was an encampment of young runaways that lived basically on the beach.

Hmmm, thanks for the info. It's just such a helpless feeling sitting here not knowing where she is how she's doing or what the truth is! Doesn't help that I live in a diff country, can't even go up the mountains myself.
How Long on average do investigators search extensively for before giving up
It is very frustrating for sure.
I'm afraid, if they don't get new info./evidence, things will start to taper down pretty soon.

Another note is that these are just the ones who are reported missing... There are more who aren't.

It is very frustrating for sure.
I'm afraid, if they don't get new info./evidence, things will start to taper down pretty soon.

Yes, even for little kids like Kyron, searching basically stopped in under two weeks, only happening again based on tips, or new information. I think two weeks is about the longest I've seen, and most are less.

With the amount of FBI they had in on the case, if there is something to be found via her internet history etc, they will find it. Santa Clara has a good dept, the FBI here are great and their internet crimes division is stellar.

CA has 40.
Texas has 6.
New York has 14.

You also have to consider the ones that are not reported. Also, resources are a huge thing to consider, as well. How many missing persons are found within a few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro