Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people just theorizing, or has it been released by LE to MSM that they know that the phone was thrown out immediately? (I realize that logical sense and many theories indicate such)

Cazzie, I'm inferring the phone was tossed immediately because they found it via pings. We know that it was used to send a text message from a location in/very near to Sierra's house at 7:11 am (info released by LE).

If the cellphone had travelled around for a while, I would expect LE to do a general call for security camera footage for the areas and times it travelled. By coordinating pings with security camera footage, LE would have a pretty good chance of spotting one or more suspect vehicles.

Since LE has not made a general call for security camera footage, I think it's a fair deduction that they know it won't help, since they have nothing to coordinate with it.

Therefore, I infer that the cellphone ping records show it was lying still from a few minutes after Sierra made the last text message until it was found by LE in the field.

Plus, if I were a perp abducting someone, I'd get rid of their cellphone ASAP. To great a risk of leaving a trail that would point directly at me (or my vehicle, same difference).

I think there is a lot to learn from this case.

I appreciate school buses and that the school districts provide this to families. And I think that it is great when parents are able to walk their kids to and from the bus stop.

I think we need to think about carpooling (even to just the bus stop). I know that sounds excessive, but it really isn't after this case. Times are changing and I think we need to adjust to it.

These days it seems like we need a super high tech satellite system that records everything and can see everything all the time.::doh::

Like I said wonder what High scholl she went to? There is only 2 in Morgan Hill

I believe there are 3, including a continuation school where the Group Home runaway might have attended: Ann Sobrato, Live Oak, and Central Continuation.

MHUSD - District Directory

Also to note: The District will be collecting the donation boxes from schools today, Thursday 3/29.

Reward Fund For Sierra LaMar's Safe Return

One more note: On the school district's missing poster, Sierra's hair is described as brown but mention is made that at the time of her disappearance, it was dyed black.

ETA: Duh me, the NCMEC poster says the same thing. Reason I posted about it at all is in reference to the "hair dye" appointment that Sierra allegedly had that Fri or Sat, noting that if she "had roots", she might have been even more motivated to get her hair colored altogether including the rumored highlights. FWIW! :-o

I appreciate school buses and that the school districts provide this to families. And I think that it is great when parents are able to walk their kids to and from the bus stop.

I think we need to think about carpooling (even to just the bus stop). I know that sounds excessive, but it really isn't after this case.

These days it seems like we need a super high tech satellite system that records everything and can see everything all the time.::doh::

We have no sex offendors in our neighborhood and it is a "safe" neighborhood. But still the parents wait with the kids at the bus stop in the morning and wait for them when they get off in the afternoon, even the older kids. I think in this day and age, it is what parents should and must do.

-Opportunistic crime, her last text is at 7:11am.
-Bus picks up at 7:25
-walking timeline (per google maps) from home to bus stop is approx 10-12 mins (says 7 from corner of her street to bus stop, so I'm adding some extra time from her home)
-scent ends at driveway
-person has been watching her, knows her residence

It sounds to me like this person is a sex offender. Kidnapping is a pretty big deal for a first time offender..there are 54 sex offenders in the area surrounding her home. The trailer park across the street house A LOT of them.

how did they entice her to get into the car - presumably at her driveway...abducted on a residential street, in her own driveway by a stranger or an acquantance, upscale neighborhood, with very little traffic. And to think this person had been watching her. Really terrible.

By the time a sex offender is caught, they generally already have abused several victims. So, RSO aren't really the people everyone should be thoroughly concerned with. It is the ones who haven't yet been caught that should worry people.

I think we need to think about carpooling (even to just the bus stop). I know that sounds excessive, but it really isn't after this case.

IMO, when someone targets your kid, you've got a problem. It doesn't matter whether you carpool to the bus stop. If someone is after your kid, they will find a way. You can't keep them in a bubble.

The best we can do is to take reasonable steps to avoid them being particularly attractive or easy targets. At least in the past, the perils were limited to the dangers in our neighborhoods and information about our kids was limited to what a person could glean physically. A car trolling slowly down the street next to a kid is visible, and the kid has a chance to run for help before the predator finds out too much. Not true today, when predators have the option of being invisible until they choose to be seen.

Cazzie, I'm inferring the phone was tossed immediately because they found it via pings. We know that it was used to send a text message from a location in/very near to Sierra's house at 7:11 am (info released by LE).

If the cellphone had travelled around for a while, I would expect LE to do a general call for security camera footage for the areas and times it travelled. By coordinating pings with security camera footage, LE would have a pretty good chance of spotting one or more suspect vehicles.

Since LE has not made a general call for security camera footage, I think it's a fair deduction that they know it won't help, since they have nothing to coordinate with it.

Therefore, I infer that the cellphone ping records show it was lying still from a few minutes after Sierra made the last text message until it was found by LE in the field.

Plus, if I were a perp abducting someone, I'd get rid of their cellphone ASAP. To great a risk of leaving a trail that would point directly at me (or my vehicle, same difference).
At the time I posted, I was looking for clarification between "we know" vs. what has been released from LE to MSM. ;) I thought my post was clear...even mentioned "logical sense and theories".

It seemed that a couple posters were making assumptions and "running with it" and/or not making it clear that they were speculating.

Looks like that Parkway park could be a haven for transients. I don't care what they advertise and say is permanent housing. What a hodge podge of living styles in that area. There are eight expensive homes sitting out in the middle of nowhere and close by is a low rent trailer park. I have never heard of any kind of rent like this. It cost about $118.00 just to rent a 5x8 storage unit, FGS. I knew Morgan Hill cost less to live but this kind of rent would be enticing and that park would attract people that come and go rather quickly.

I want to know who is living at this park. This may be where the perp came from.

I think we need to think about carpooling (even to just the bus stop). I know that sounds excessive, but it really isn't after this case. Times are changing and I think we need to adjust to it.

A lot of people already do this. I've always adjusted my work schedule or changed jobs if I had to so that I was able to drive my children to school in the mornings. I actually watch them walk into the school before leaving. I also have someone (either me, their step-father, or a grandparent) waiting for them at their bus stop. This is always without exception.

Times aren't changing. This has always happened. You just hear about it more occasionally.

By the time a sex offender is caught, they generally already have abused several victims. So, RSO aren't really the people everyone should be thoroughly concerned with. It is the ones who haven't yet been caught that should worry people.

You never know, but I meant that too :) Too tired today :coffeews: lol

It appears that the trailer park is straight on the same road to Sierra's house. I never knew that this was there before. Is this the same road where the cell was found?

The perp who took her sure wanted to get rid of everything associated with her right away. Wherever he took her, he didn't want that purse, clothing to found. Did he take her to a dwelling first? If the ground were wet and if it was cold, he may have taken her somewhere that is covered/hidden from the elements for awhile.

A lot of people already do this. I've always adjusted my work schedule or changed jobs if I had to so that I was able to drive my children to school in the mornings. I actually watch them walk into the school before leaving. I also have someone (either me, their step-father, or a grandparent) waiting for them at their bus stop. This is always without exception.

Times aren't changing. This has always happened. You just hear about it more occasionally.

Would you go to these extremes (watching them walk into the building, waiting at the bus stop, etc.) for a 15 year old?

I looked back at the Twitter and most nights it ended between 8:45pm and 9:00 pm.

But I did find some interesting things on her twitter postings. I think we are suppose to clarify that this is Twitter so its all rumor, but here is some interesting things I saw from the day before.

"Me and @KP##### are out to the OF store in LA. Ayyy playa." 3/14 (1:13pm) ((This is the same person that stopped posting the next day

(

This person does seem to be fishy to me as well. I researched and the girl seems to have joined twitter in Dec. (ODD FOR A TEEN) Didn't tweet much (ODD FOR A TEEN) Only tweeted Sierra for the most part (VERY ODD FOR A TEEN) Tweeted a few girls asking if they remember her (from another school or what not) then did not continue to hold a conversation or anything after they answered her. I find it interesting that she seems to have social issues and even tweeted she is scared of rejection from people at one time. This could all be a coincidence but it's still very odd. Especially since the last time she tweeted was the day before Sierra went missing then she abruptly stopped and started again on the 27th like she realised she had to say something but has NOT mentioned Sierra, she is clearly from the Bay SO SHE HAS TO KNOW SIERRA IS MISSING! why not tweet about finding her? I also noticed SHE STOPPED Tweeting again.

She also retweeted another girl SHE DOES NOT KNOW (as this girl mentioned her in a tweet) and the photo is of a vain looking woman taking a photo of herself for fb or twitter (that type of photo) and Elmer Fud Shooting her face off with a SHOTGUN 0_0 ...

This girl is from the BAY AREA and seems to have for the majority of her small amount of tweets, tweeted to Sierra :/ Its kind of Odd that Sierra says they are going to the OF Store as if she has talked to her about it, but the others twitter doesn't mention a thing at all, so #1 either they talked about this via telephone, or #2 the other girl deleted the tweets.

this all just seems weird.

just thinking outloud here...

newspaper delivery person, garbage man (don't know what day their garbage is picked up), early UPS/FedEx delivery, a gardener from around the neighborhood...

Thank you for this post. Possibly, we could also add someone who lived on the cul de sac. And who would have been getting into their car to drive to work around the time that Sierra was opening the gate of her house to walk down the cul de sac to her bus stop. MOO

I wonder if such a person had given her rides before ? Maybe if he saw her leaving her house,say, in the rain ? And she felt safe with him ? Maybe she never thought of him as " dangerous ", because he was able to win her trust...

Could be a salesman,someone practiced in gaining a persons trust... who does not work set hours,or works sometimes from his house, and other times is on the road.Who knew the area very,very well...JMO

I can't copy the link on my iPad sorry. But there is more to this whole thing than we know I feel. I have followed missing people cases for years. And I can not recall a case getting a Missing person person poster issued by the FBI as quick as Sierra has.
I have the Find the Sierra website on my Facebook . And the FBI has released a flyer.

Makes me wonder

Yes, I have and will.

At what point would you trust that they've been taught right from wrong, and know what to do in an emergency, and can get from car to classroom?

I don't have any that age yet. I do those things, but my kids are younger.

P.S the girl I mentioned is only following 5 REAL PEOPLE one of which is SIERRA and the rest are celebrity accounts .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc