Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the link I posted in haste above:

Authorities are now calling the case of missing Sierra LaMar, 15, from Morgan Hill, California "involuntarily missing" and have focused their search efforts to a cul-de-sac not far from her home. They have also searched an abandoned foreclosed home on Scheller Avenue (see map) and hauled away an evidence kit,

Continue reading on Examiner.com Sierra LaMar: Police collect evidence from abandoned house as search continues - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...doned-house-as-search-continues#ixzz1qZMSMeQV

Do we have pics of the house? I couldn't find it under foreclosures. That house is very interesting. I assume the house is close to where the items were found. Do we have an addy?

Actually there is another article saying it the house is on Scheller Ave close to Santa Teresa

that link goes to a different case now. How do we connect to Sierra's?

Actually there is another article saying it the house is on Scheller Ave close to Santa Teresa

Yes, but that was days ago:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...fies-for-missing-15-year-old-morgan-hill-girl
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:18 AM CDT
Updated: Mar 23, 2012 11:49 AM CDT

The cul-de-sac isn't the only area, investigators targeted. Less than a quarter mile away on Scheller Avenue, they also targeted a vacant foreclosed home. Detectives even hauled away an evidence kit from the home.

Deputies wouldn't say what led them to these areas or what, if any evidence, they found. All they would say is they're doing a more thorough search.

I think it was a lurker/stalker from the immediate vicinity. I thought from her street but there are only 7 other houses. I think LE would have identified anyone suspicious already.

Or a relative, including a relative of someone who moved away from that street recently. And if you include delivery people, construction workers, etc, well, the potential pool of suspects just keeps getting larger and larger.

Or, thinking of some of the stalking cases I've read about, it could be someone who saw Sierra somewhere else and figured out where she lived. For instance, someone who saw her when she was doing cheer.

Hmmmmmm, that makes me wonder if she lost some item that had an indicator of her address or her parents' names on it? Probably not her ID because she would notice losing that right away but something she might not notice losing.

I'm thinking of something like a business card that someone she knew used to scribble some info for her. A perp could find that person online, then follow all the online leads and eventually discover Sierra.

It is amazing what can be found out online about a person if you have just a couple tidbits of information about them.

Did Sierra cheer for the high school she attended? I saw pics of her in Jr. High or maybe Freshman at Fremont but none for Morgan Hill. Did I miss them?

Did Sierra cheer for the high school she attended? I saw pics of her in Jr. High or maybe Freshman at Fremont but none for Morgan Hill. Did I miss them?

Washington High in Freemont = cheerleader. Cheered for some type of clinic/gym/cheer school when she moved to MH. She quit that though around Feb. 2012 according to her tweets.

Would you go to these extremes (watching them walk into the building, waiting at the bus stop, etc.) for a 15 year old?
Yes I will when my daughter turns 15! Better to be safe & alive. And I don't consider it extreme!

It does seem so but the truth is abductions like this are still a rarity. We cant go into hysterics and shelter our children too much. She lived in a very safe neighborhood (I havent heard of any crimes happening there until now) and we dont even know if she knew the person she got into the vehicle with. She may have.

When I was 15, I was the only one at the bus stop, and I caught it at 7:15. I lived in a remote rural area that makes Sierra's neighborhood look like a busy congested neighborhood. LOL! Someone could have easily come by and abducted me because both my mom and dad had already left for work.

But teens have been abducted from many different places. Like from the Mall or when they were walking home and from inside of their very own home. It is just humanely impossible for any parent to watch their teen 24/7. They have to work. It no longer is a luxury for moms to work...it is a neccessity in this economy.

Strangers who take children, rape and murder them are only 5%. That means a child is much more likely to die from a car wreck than being abducted by a stranger.

95% of children who are abused, raped, and, murdered... are victims of their own parents, family members, or someone known to them. Children are far more at risk of grave harm inside their own homes than being kidnapped by a stranger.

Imo, we cant lose sight of reality or where the true problem lies for the vast majority of children who are at risk and it isn't standing by the road to catch a bus.

IMO

I agree with you---"stranger danger" is much over rated.

But I get a giggle when I think of a reality based campaign: "never let children be alone with their own relatives!"

Maybe I'm just twisted.

I agree with you---"stranger danger" is much over rated.

But I get a giggle when I think of a reality based campaign: "never let children be alone with their own relatives!"

Maybe I'm just twisted.

Ha ha ha...seriously.

My mom never trusted babysitters, so she hired her brother to watch us when she went back to work. He began raping me when I was around 6, and kept going for a few years. Bless her Pisces soul she never did catch on.

eta: and just for safety's sake she never let me go anywhere after school until she came home. She wanted me to be 'SAFE' at home. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone been to the find S facebook page? On the page people are talking about how the girl who was almost kidnapped and the composite drawing looks familiar to a girl who is still missing and was kidnapped in 79. She was never found. They also are talking about a teen stalker who followed a girl one day from her bus stop asking her if she needed a ride and then was at her school the next day. This really frightens me. If her abductor is still around he/she and it is related ... he is getting very brazen. MOO MOO MOO

If the composite is from 1979, I doubt it has any relevance now, 33 years later. Unless this guy has a cosmetic surgeon way better than anything I've ever seen. Time and gravity usually takes a lot of toll on a person's face in 33 years.

The teen stalker is of more concern to me except that all he's done so far is appear and talk. That's a long ways from actually grabbing a girl and making off with her.

Yes. Say I sold you a diamond ring or a used car and I was meeting you at a bus stop to bring you your purchases. Would I just leave a valuable diamond ring on the bench and assume you got it? No way! I'd make sure I placed it safely in your hands. Would I leave the keys in a car at the bus stop and assume you received it? No way!

My children are way more valuable than any material thing I could ever own, so why wouldn't I treat them that way and not take the risk of something happening to them? A 15 year old is still very young, and while I would leave one home alone with the instructions to not open the door or go outside, there are very few public places I would allow them to be alone.

I don't feel as if my job as a parent is to let my child make mistakes. I feel it is my job to teach them NOT to make mistakes and protect them the best way I can. Especially if that one mistake is one that separates them from me forever. It's just too big of a risk
I totally agree with you!

Back in the day in my state, that was age 16. At age 14, kids from rural homes (subject to bussing) could get restricted permits that let them drive legally from school and back. This was because, being a rural state, farm kids were often needed on their parents' farms.

So if Sierra had lived in my state when I was her age, she could already have been driving herself back and forth from school.

Of course, back in my day, schools offered driver's education. I understand that this is no longer an option in many school districts.

My kids won't have their own vehicle at 16.

Abduction is the least of my worries where I live. There have been multiple instances where children were walking to/from school and some idiot who wasn't paying attention ran off the road and hit them.

There have been occasions where very young children were dropped off at the wrong bus stop and their parents did not know it until later that night because the little girl was supposed to be dropped off at a day care center. When the parents went to pick her up, she wasn't there.

There is gang and drug activity.

There are armed robberies and random shootings.

My children don't even go outside without their step-father and his trusty SKS.

Ha ha ha...seriously.

My mom never trusted babysitters, so she hired her brother to watch us when she went back to work. He began raping me when I was around 6, and kept going for a few years. Bless her Pisces soul she never did catch on.

eta: and just for safety's sake she never let me go anywhere after school until she came home. She wanted me to be 'SAFE' at home. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry you had to go through that:hug:

If that is the case, then they would really be putting themselves on the line. I'm sure there is 24x7 FBI and LE on everything around that area.

Not sure about that, I haven't been over there since Sunday, but what I posted that day was I saw basically nothing (one random person in a yellow vest...). Also, that was the day it was reported that they were not searching and doing more investigating from police headquarters or whatever into computer and phone stuff.

Just my opinion.

My youngest is 13 and her bus stop is at our driveway. I always stand at the window and watch until her bus comes. When my older 2 were in high school, before they drove, the bus stop was next door and i would go outside and pretend i was doing something in the yard until the bus came so i wouldn't embarrass them.
The walk that Sierra took would make me nervous to take alone by myself.

Hi JDB - are they saying this is the area they found the handcuffs and condoms? I'm sick...sorry if I'm all over the place.

As far as embarrassment goes, my kids beg me to come eat lunch with them at school or to volunteer for field trips or whatever when they ask for parent volunteers.

I don't get the whole parental embarrassment thing. My mother always dropped me off right in front of the school every day until my senior year in high school and I always kissed her before getting out of the car. Kids that are embarrassed don't know what it is like to lose a parent.

Great find. This is absolutely horrible. So much for opportunistic and unplanned. :(

IMO this is a sex offender and IMO registered. It narrows things down with the victimology for LE if that is the case.

I'm not going to get too freaked out yet. According to the article:

The items were found about a mile from the LaMar home, in an area that is known to deputies as a place where young people often congregate, Santa Clara Sheriff spokesman Jose Cardoza told Bay City News.

Since it is known as a place where young people go, those items could just as easily have nothing to do with Sierra.

Only testing will tell whether they are or not.

Heck, they may not even be from the same person or couple; they could have been dropped on three different occasions.

Privacy is often difficult for young people (by which, I'm thinking is meant teens). Most of them live at home and most parents won't allow them to bring sex partners home. Most motels won't rent to anyone who looks too young.

So that leaves cars and the great outdoors. And if a teen is using a car, they can't leave the evidence of their sexplay behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc