Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work! Although I thought they had cleared all local RSOs (or so they lead us to believe). I do have to say that the profile I have in my mind is quite similar but younger.

And, then all the sexual predators that haven't been caught yet.

Well we at least know she was taken in a vehicle and we even know the pathit took first the cell phone toos, then her purse, there has to be something along that path some sighting of a car. She wasnt taken by foot he drove all the way up to her driveway..that takes balls. He didn't come from far away because he made precisely to the driveway after her parents left and right before she was to be at the bus stop so either he was already circling the cul de sac from 6:30am to 7:00am or he belonged in the cul de sac and knew exactly when to arrive at her drive way without being seen. Mo

Marlene says she talked to Sierra, but who knows. Anyone could have done a re-tweet at 6:32am on Twitter. Anyone could have text her friend at 7:11am to bring something to school that she needed.

What is the latest on the picture with Sierra in the Sharks shirt/sweatshirt/jersey was it taken Thursday or that Friday morning? There have been so many conflicting accounts in the media.

No one could do a retweet of SL post that morning via the web (as it was recorded by twitter) at 6:29 a.m. Tumblr was at 6:39 via web.

LE has SL cellphone and laptop. They know the who, what, where and when. It's all traceable and verifiable. JMO

Sgt. Cardoza said at the presser that the text was sent from SL home:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168066&highlight=Cardoza&page=11
post #255 of the LIVE video and a transcript to refresh everyone's memories.

Well we at least know she was taken in a vehicle and we even know the pathit took first the cell phone toos, then her purse, there has to be something along that path some sighting of a car. She wasnt taken by foot he drove all the way up to her driveway..that takes balls. He didn't come from far away because he made precisely to the driveway after her parents left and right before she was to be at the bus stop so either he was already circling the cul de sac from 6:30am to 7:00am or he belonged in the cul de sac and knew exactly when to arrive at her drive way without being seen. Mo

Or if Sierra had told the person what time her mom and the B/F left and what time she left for the bus.

What are we doing here?
LE isn't going to give info in some cases.
The media can say pretty much whatever it wants and get
facts turned around and disagree with other reporters info
on the same station, newspaper, etc. Let alone their competition.
So misinfo abounds.

Unfortunately more often than not, family is a factor in disappearances.
They are not going to be suspiciuos of other family members.
Often they are too distraught to think clearly about what
their info may be pointing to. In denial, in other words.

If they have nothing to hide, what's the problem?
More information is always better than less.
Sometimes there are families who give lots of info and LE, too.
And it doesn't lead to the missing person.
Sometimes there are families who clam up and say nothing, likewise
LE. And it doesn't lead to the missing either.
What do you suggest as an alternative?

I hear you Houndstooth......but is it really up to us here at WS or any other crime forum, to solve these cases? That is what LE is for. That is what they are paid to do. We are just amateur sleuths who have absolutely No right to any information deemed case sensitive. As I have said as long as these families fully cooperate with LE there is just no need for us to know EVERYTHING.

"If they have nothing to hide, what's the problem"?--Oh...how many times has a mother, father, sister, brother been convicted in the public for something they said, only later to be vindicated. Do they really need to go thru any more HELL then they already are? If and until a family member is named a suspect they should be left alone, IMOO--that is all I am sayin, but that's just me.

It is all speculation with us, because we will never have ALL the facts, right?

No one could do a retweet of SL post that morning via the web (as it was recorded by twitter) at 6:29 a.m.

LE has SL cellphone and laptop. They know the who, what, where and when. It's all traceable and verifiable. JMO

Sgt. Cardoza said at the presser that the text was sent from SL home:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168066&highlight=Cardoza&page=11
post #255 of the LIVE video and a transcript to refresh everyone's memories.

From what I saw on her Twitter, she did not write a tweet. She retweeted (RT) with a YES a tweet at 6:32am that she saw that her friend had posted. It was sent from home on her cell phone. The RT in front of the tweet means she retweeted her friends tweet.

From what I saw on her Twitter, she did not write a tweet. She retweeted (RT) a tweet she saw that her friend had posted.

If you manually RT a tweet it will use the time you posted it. If you use the circling arrow way of ReTweeting it only timestamps the original tweet post time.

I'm a paranoid mama, I admit it...sleuthing these cases has made me hypervigilent in some areas. I have kids, no way would I let my daughter walk to a bus stop in a rural area but, again, I'm a little over-the-top. I gave my daughter a cell phone with unlimited texting so I could discreetly keep an eye on her without embarrassing her by calling or showing up all the time. I drive her to the bus stop in the mornings and wait until she gets on before I drive away.

I've come to the conclusion, though, if she walked with a group of kids, I'd be much more inclined to let her walk to the bus stop without me driving her. I think of it as safety in numbers. I think in Marlene's case, having just moved away from a busy city to a rural area, she likely felt that Sierra was in a really safe place. Morgan Hill is, for the most part, a pretty safe place to have kids...certainly compared to Fremont, it is.

I also imagine that Sierra's mom thought like most people do...that these things are rare, the odds were against it, Sierra was old enough to walk to the bus stop without having her hand held. She was right...she just so happened to be the ONE kid in a thousand or more that gets snatched...it's not as if she was letting the kid walk through a gang-infested ghetto in stilletos and fishnet stockings. She wasn't. Would I allow my child to walk to a bus stop alone in the morning in a rural area? Heck no but I don't think it was necessarily a wildly bad call on Marlene's part, either.

anyone have some background information on her home life?
How long ago did her parents split up?
How long has the mother been dating the new bloke?
Did they move to be closer to him?
Does he live in the house with them or just visits?
How did Sierra feel about this? Did she like him?
Did she resent him for some hope her parents would get back together again? Is Mom focusing attention on him and less on Sierra? I say this as her Twitter and Tumblr accounts are a bit OTT for a 15 year old IMO... she clearly wasn't being monitored.
How much does her sister know about her?
Why is the mother so defensive about the new boyfriend?
Her parents seem to have no closeness left between them AT ALL- one interview the mom was crying and the dad didn't give her a pat on the shoulder or anything.
I know we can't sleuth the boyfriend as he has been cleared ( yet the LE later said nobody is beyond being investigated ) but I would be very interested in knowing what home life was like.
As for the photo she took on the laptop that morning... the timestamp... is there a way it can be misleading? I read somewhere- I have no idea where as I've absorbed so much info like a sponge at this stage- that they are uncertain if the photo was taken that day or not.
I think we are not being told a lot of things. And the reasons remain to be seen. Do they have any clue what so ever or are they trying to lead us to believe they have nothing? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

All we know is what LE has released and what the media has reported.

The police said they spoke with all of her friends and family and have determined she had a good relationship with all three. Rick, Marlene and Steve.

I dont know when they split up. Maybe someone else has the date. I would just guesstimate that it was sometime around the time when Sierra's father was in jail. He served 180 days and was sentenced in September 2009. Marlene did buy her own home in Fremont in March or May of 2010, iirc.

I dont know how long she has dated him. He moved from Fremont too and they moved with Sierra to Morgan Hills in October 2011. All that we know is he has a daughter 13 and is in the construction business and has been since 1994.

Sierra seemed fine with the divorce circumstances. She went back and visited her father in Fremont often and saw her old friends when there.

Its hard to say how often Danielle saw Sierra. She has been away at college and she is 21 and is a Senior now.

I cant answer you about Marlene being defensive. I did not interpret it that way at all. But I will say this, I would be defensive too if someone was trying to infer the man I love had something to do with my daughter's disappearance especially when LE specifically named him and said he is not involved.

I dont think the FBI computer forensic experts can be mislead.

With them discussing if they should do further searches I frankly think they are at a dead end but still will search periodically and volunteer searches will go on. I do think they will search if they think they have gotten a credible tip. But soon this case is going to grow cold and slow down, imo

From what I saw on her Twitter, she did not write a tweet. She retweeted (RT) a tweet at 6:32am that she saw that her friend had posted. The RT in front of the tweet means she retweeted her friends tweet.

At 6:29 a.m on the 16th (via web) she responded/WROTE "YES" to her friend and then RT her friend's tweet. Hope that helps.

https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh

I have been waiting for an update from the poster who recognized the drawing of a man who tried to abduct a 16-year-old girl not far from Morgan Hill as a wanted perp from out of state. The description was right on the money for the perp in the drawing, and the poster sent in a tip. I am curious as to whether the poster has any word on whether the tip was followed up on. It was reported that the perp used a taser.

At 6:29 a.m on the 16th (via web) she responded/WROTE "YES" to her friend and then RT her friend's tweet. Hope that helps.

https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh

To me that makes me believe its definitely from her. A typical teen response and a manual RT. I know there are other possibilities, but I don' think a perp is there to mess around with her twitter account.

If you manually RT a tweet it will use the time you posted it. If you use the circling arrow way of ReTweeting it only timestamps the original tweet post time.

She or someone may have manually retweeted and added "YES" to the retweet. I just feel that anyone could have done that on her phone.

I hope it is not a family member involved in her disappearance. But the window of opportunity is so narrow for anyone else to have done it (7:11am to 7:15am). It's possible though. Anything seems to have been possible in this case.

I hear you Houndstooth......but is it really up to us here at WS or any other crime forum, to solve these cases? That is what LE is for. That is what they are paid to do. We are just amateur sleuths who have absolutely No right to any information deemed case sensitive. As I have said as long as these families fully cooperate with LE there is just no need for us to know EVERYTHING.

"If they have nothing to hide, what's the problem"?--Oh...how many times has a mother, father, sister, brother been convicted in the public for something they said, only later to be vindicated. Do they really need to go thru any more HELL then they already are? If and until a family member is named a suspect they should be left alone, IMOO--that is all I am sayin, but that's just me.

It is all speculation with us, because we will never have ALL the facts, right?

It IS LE's job. In a perfect world, all crimes would get solved.
But, they don't.
Missing persons cases are low on the totem pole in reality.
On the HB case we learned there are about 1,500 unsolved cases in Tennessee alone!
Dare I wonder what the count is in California?

These cases are not revenue enhancers, but revenue drains.
They would much rather make drug busts where they can get cars and cash and homes, etc.

LE is like the rest of the population, some are honest and some are dishonest.
Same with the media. Their whole purpose has less to do about informing the public than increasing their bottom lines also.

I think Clu has the right idea. Cultivate reporters and let them know we are watching them. We notice when reports don't jive with previous facts.
We need for LE to know we are watching also. They are public servants, yes, but at the same time, there are political considerations that weigh more than truth, in their eyes.

If they really were dedicated to stopping pedophilia rings and kidnapping enterprises, they would be stopped in their tracks.
We live in a world of high tech surveillance. They know who the kingpins are but they rarely are prosecuted. They know who is clicking on the sites and taking part.

That to me is our role here, not to necessarily solve crimes but to at least give them a fighting chance against an onslaught against our children by putting pressure on the system at all levels.

To me that makes me believe its definitely from her. A typical teen response and a manual RT. I know there are other possibilities, but I don' think a perp is there to mess around with her twitter account.

Unless there was someone inside the home or family member ... hope not.

All we know is what LE has released and what the media has reported.

The police said they spoke with all of her friends and family and have determined she had a good relationship with all three. Rick, Marlene and Steve.

I dont know when they split up. Maybe someone else has the date. I would just guesstimate that it was sometime around the time when Sierra's father was in jail. He served 180 days and was sentenced in September 2009. Marlene did buy her own home in Fremont in March or May of 2010, iirc.

I dont know how long she has dated him. He moved from Fremont too and they moved with Sierra to Morgan Hills in October 2011. All that we know is he has a daughter 13 and is in the construction business and has been since 1994.

Sierra seemed fine with the divorce circumstances. She went back and visited her father in Fremont often and saw her old friends when there.

Its hard to say how often Danielle saw Sierra. She has been away at college and she is 21 and is a Senior now.

I cant answer you about Marlene being defensive. I did not interpret it that way at all. But I will say this, I would be defensive too if someone was trying to infer the man I love had something to do with my daughter's disappearance especially when LE specifically named him and said he is not involved.

I dont think the FBI computer forensic experts can be mislead.

With them discussing if they should do further searches I frankly think they are at a dead end but still will search periodically and volunteer searches will go on. I do think they will search if they think they have gotten a credible tip. But soon this case is going to grow cold and slow down, imo

Thank you thank you. Rick seems to be quite elusive and I hear very little about him. I was wondering if she resented him and that is why she may have been considered a run away by her Mom for a while- I got this impression from one of the interviews I saw of her.

I will throw out one thing that strikes me... I understand your point of Marlene being defensive of him... but for me personally- my first and foremost would be an all consuming fear for my child. And she is so very vague about Rick and who left first and what he did for the day... As LE have cleared him would it not be more usual to state along the lines of 'this is what happened- this is who left and at what time- this is what he and I saw and the impressions we had- this is what we did...' etc? The NG interview with Marlene has me completely BEWILDERED. I can gvet defensive... totally... I can NOT and do NOT understand the reasoning behind being vague???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties