Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
shortened for brevity- Thanks, can't seem to get an answer for this any where...yet. It rather concerned me, as having multiple 'residences' in single family zoning can sometimes be, ah, problematic...I really don't care what someone's business is, just I was merely curious, if anyone DID live those places, that they had been identified and interviewed.

IIRC, Whisperer said there were some dwellings occupied by migrant workers that are behind the home and accessible only on foot. There's a path worn down, but not wide enough lane for a car. Also that some of the neighbors would see these guys on the path making calls on their cell phones, which were presumed to be lining up work or arranging transportation to a job site, and that they were a "community" and not a bunch of individuals coming and going from one day to the next.

Snipped for space:

I guess my point is --Could Sierra have been abducted from the house right after her mom and boyfriend left? Someone could have known their schedule, waited until they saw them drive away then enter the cul de sac, and set up the rest to look like she was abducted outside on her way to the bus.
The dog tracking to the end of the driveway is the only thing indicating she left the house? How about if that is wrong, the rest could be set-up to look like she was on her way to school.?

IIRC, the dogs are trained to find the NEWEST SCENT beginning at the front door, which ledt them to one end or the other of the driveway (this has been made unclear). That could be the trail she left on her way home Thursday, if she did not leave the house through the front door on Friday.

Regardless of the inaccuracy concerning the backback what the Ex-FBI thinks makes a lot of sense to me. Other Ex-FBI have voiced their opinion too on this case and CVZ also thinks she was abduted by a sexual predator who may have done this before and if not caught will do it again.

IMO

Oh, I agree on the opinion thing. My comment was regarding the question about their statement of a 'fact' that we have not seen published elsewhere. In the end, I regard Huff Post as a blog site masquerading as a news site (an opinion I've held since 2008).

All JMO.

Goodness, I go to bed and now we're out to get people on twitter? This is why I wish everything was members only, then there would be records. Maybe all the twitter talk not directly related to Sierra should go down to the parking lot?

IIRC, the dogs are trained to find the NEWEST SCENT beginning at the front door, which ledt them to one end or the other of the driveway (this has been made unclear). That could be the trail she left on her way home Thursday, if she did not leave the house through the front door on Friday.

This is correct. Also want to add that they are trained to follow the direction of travel. Sure they can make mistakes, but this is what they do.
So, say you walked from the south and took and path north. A dog should be able to come into the middle of the trail and head north as that is the way the scent is "going". It can be hard to wrap our heads around it sometimes, but they do have the ability to distinguish that the scent to the south is seconds older than the stuff heading to the north. HTH

It is a long shot, but this guy looks a bit like the kidnapping suspect - Bernie Morales. He was arrested in July 2000 in Texas for violent aggravated sexual assault. He went missing from Texas in September, 2011 and hasn't been seen since. He has a "pock marked face" and a tattoo on his left forearm of a 'snake' that could be mistaken for a dragon. Here is a picture comparing him to the sketch of the California kidnapping suspect.

Long shot my behind! CALL THIS IN! It really looks/reads like him and if he moved from Texas to California, it might be because those are places where hispanic males blend in more easily than say, Wisconsin or Montana. Plus if he is a farm worker, he'd go where the work is, apparently that would include CA.

Yes, that's what was initially reported. And her inhaler was allegedly in the home, which raised additional concern. As I understand it, at least ...

My doctor prescribes 2 inhalers at a time, per month. I keep one at work and one at home. Last month I had one still unopened when I got my refill, so I put it in my car. Point is, if I had even had a partially filled one when I got my refill, I would not have thrown away the one I had. I might have added it to the clutter in my purse so I'd have it wherever I went, just in case. Could be just a little left in it. Even if her prescription was just for one at a time, she could still have had another with some in it that she carried.

That's true, and that's what leads to some cases being solved. Someone's neighbor notices something odd and tells LE or, in this case, the volunteer searcher and LE follows up on it.
I'm sure they aren't asking volunteers to ferret out anyone's life history or personal information. Besides, if the neighbors have nothing to hide and are completely innocent, they shouldn't mind someone asking them if they've seen or heard anything suspicious in the neighborhood.
If I were one of the volunteers and approached someone to ask these simple questions and that person started acting defensive or refusing to talk to me, that's who I would report to LE immediately. As it's been said here a million times, if you've got nothing to hide, you hide nothing.

Can someone explain why they are doing this in the neighborhood where the Middle School is???

Sorry, but, going back to the dogs and the scent at the end of the driveway in combination with her twitter about meeting someone before school to work on a class, etc....hope I got that right.

Apparently, SL's account was NOT a private one. And seems ANY wacko can read along and she didn't seem to be too shy about posting...as we've all been saying.
IMO, it was someone reading her account about meeting before classes on Friday and they were waiting at the end of the drive to offer a ride.

This is waaaay out there, but, I wonder if Twitter has a running log of who visited someones account...by IP address?? NOT only posters, but visitors, as well.
I'm not up on all the workings of the web sites, but, I'm wondering since sites often use tracking cookies, maybe the site keeps track of who their cookies were tracking???
LOL

Something that stuck out to me for some reason is a short blog from a friend on the sierra lamar website. She said that she missed "going to McDonald's with her every day".... I wonder if anyone had been watching her there? Working there perhaps. It seems like the kind of job that would be easy to walk away from.

I'm still thinking that it was someone local although I believe the body is quite a ways down 101. The access is too close to not drive south if you ad planned this at all.

BTW- Thanks to this site and all the participants for helping and piquing my interest on something that we should all be helping to figure out.

Something bad has happened over on Twitter.Most of you know about the trolls that have been invading Sierra's friends,and harassing them.This was reported to the FBI and accounts have been deleted and one person has said the FBI has talked to him.This was
pretty bad,they were saying some tragic stuff.Anyway one of the girls has reported to her friends her sister committed suicide by shooting herself over the cyber bullying that was going down last night.She was 18 years old and her cousin is saying the same thing.I went on her Twitter account and the last time she posted was 9 hours ago my time which is EST.

I saw that but I have a gut feeling they are all the same person including the one supposed to have shot her self. All the IP addys are the same.

Something that stuck out to me for some reason is a short blog from a friend on the sierra lamar website. She said that she missed "going to McDonald's with her every day".... I wonder if anyone had been watching her there? Working there perhaps. It seems like the kind of job that would be easy to walk away from.

I'm still thinking that it was someone local although I believe the body is quite a ways down 101. The access is too close to not drive south if you ad planned this at all.

BTW- Thanks to this site and all the participants for helping and piquing my interest on something that we should all be helping to figure out.

The Macdonalds was when she was living in Fremont or as us locals that live here call it Freakmont

The Macdonalds was when she was living in Fremont or as us locals that live here call it Freakmont

OK. Thanks. I'm local too. Still, anyone from her Fremont scene would fit into "people she might have known"....

:welcome4:

Sorry, but, going back to the dogs and the scent at the end of the driveway in combination with her twitter about meeting someone before school to work on a class, etc....hope I got that right.

Apparently, SL's account was NOT a private one. And seems ANY wacko can read along and she didn't seem to be too shy about posting...as we've all been saying.
IMO, it was someone reading her account about meeting before classes on Friday and they were waiting at the end of the drive to offer a ride.

This is waaaay out there, but, I wonder if Twitter has a running log of who visited someones account...by IP address?? NOT only posters, but visitors, as well.
I'm not up on all the workings of the web sites, but, I'm wondering since sites often use tracking cookies, maybe the site keeps track of who their cookies were tracking???
LOL

With Twitter if you don't protect your tweets anyone can follow you. I've had to protect my tweets more than half a dozen times in the last year as I had some wackos following me. However no one will know where you live unless you write it on your account for public which you would never do. So I'm quite sure just from following Sierra that no one would ever know where she lived unless some detail was mentioned in a tweet like the school she went to....then that could have been a way for someone to watch her comings and goings. I did notice when I looked at her account that she has more than 3,000 followers! I've been on Twitter for over two years and only have 95 followers as I would close off every now and then and protect my tweets.....you usually find public figures with this type of following so who knows the types of people who were following her and the reason would be due to the content.

OK. Thanks. I'm local too. Still, anyone from her Fremont scene would fit into "people she might have known"....

In my crazy mind :crosseyed: the only thing that makes any sense to me is the perp had to know her schedule, stalked her to know where she lived, or knew her address and her schedule. Unless the perp had/does work or live very close to her home. For me this rules out the random person at McDonalds or Disneyland.

Now, if she actually had made it to the bus stop, I could see someone driving by and on impulse grabbing her.

With Twitter if you don't protect your tweets anyone can follow you. I've had to protect my tweets more than half a dozen times in the last year as I had some wackos following me. However no one will know where you live unless you write it on your account for public which you would never do. So I'm quite sure just from following Sierra that no one would ever know where she lived unless some detail was mentioned in a tweet like the school she went to....then that could have been a way for someone to watch her comings and goings. I did notice when I looked at her account that she has more than 3,000 followers! I've been on Twitter for over two years and only have 95 followers as I would close off every now and then and protect my tweets.....you usually find public figures with this type of following so who knows the types of people who were following her and the reason would be due to the content.

Her followers took a gigantic jump because of her disappearance.

Regarding the Effectiveness of Additional Canvassing of Sierra's Neighborhoods:

Investigative Case Management for Missing Children Homicides
Page 27

"There is an example of the importance of the neighborhood canvass in a case in the Midwest. In that case the victim was abducted off the street in her own neighborhood. The initial canvass and a follow-up canvass were conducted and leads were exhausted. The detective returned to do an additional canvass. The detective returned again and again after all leads were exhausted. After many canvasses of the neighborhood, the detective was making another canvass and found a neighbor who had left the area immediately after the abduction and murder and who had just recently returned home. This neighbor turned out to be a witness who had information that eventually led to the identity of the killer. Had the detective not been persistent about canvassing the neighborhood, this witness would never have been identified."

I find this encouraging that the additional canvassing of the neighborhood(s) where Sierra live(ed) may hold a key clue! (Fremont and Morgan Hill)

This reminds me of a case I read a couple of years back. A young female went missing and LE canvassed the neighborhood even taking dogs into the neighbors' home. No scent or trace of her was found at THAT TIME.

So they continued to return to the neighborhood where she lived which was the area she went missing from. After weeks they returned to one neighbor's home with the cadaver dogs and the dogs found her body hidden away in a crawlspace of his home.

So this may be one of the reasons LE is returning to the neighborhood.

I've spent no time considering the abduction as the act of another 15 yr. old. In California, however, you can obtain a driver's license at 14 if you are farm based. Even in the city, many of the boys in high school made that claim and got the early lic. A classmate might have an easier time luring the victim.

I'm not suggesting this happened but neither do I reject it without mulling it over. It would believable to claim you needed the lic. for farming activities in Morgan Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr