CA - Six Dead, Dozen Injured in Mass Shooting - Sacramento - 3 April 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rbbm
26-year-old arrested in connection with Sacramento mass shooting (kcra.com)
''Dandrae Martin was taken into custody and booked on charges of assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm, Police Chief Kathy Lester told KCRA 3’s Ty Steele in an exclusive interview Monday morning.'
“Right now that’s really all we’re able to share about him," she said. "As you know this is a complex investigation and we’re looking for multiple suspects and so we’re currently working to identify what his role was the night of the shooting."

"They have worked on this nonstop since the shooting first happened," she said.

Asked whether the community is safe with possible shooters at large, Lester said she did believe that was the case.

“But obviously, we do need to get the people that were responsible for this horrific act into custody,” she said.''

ap22094780299305.jpg

Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry
Sacramento Police Department SWAT members and detectiv

Over and over again. Innocent people killed by formally jailed, now released.
Hubby and I live in California. I truly worry about my husband's safety as he closes our restaurant most nights. The Crime rating for our area in San Diego, California is and has been an F.
We've now purchased a property in a lovely area in Florida. Not in a crime area.
We're in escrow to sell our restaurant and will be beating it out of California as soon as possible.
I think it would be interesting to find an area in California that doesn't have an F rating for crime. Maybe, where the Kardashian clan live?
In my opinion, soft on crime, is a very bad idea.

Inmate Name MARTIN, DANDRAE

Charges/Bail
Case# Pending/NA (01) - Pickup (Fresh Arrest)
PC 245(A)(2) Felony
ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON OR FIREARM ON PERSON OF ANOTHER
PC 25850(C)(1 Felony
CONVICTED PERSON CARRYING A LOADED FIREARM
Bail: No Bail

Outstanding Warrants
RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT (Case# BLF1400257)
Misdemeanor | Bail: $5,000.00

Next Court Date 4/5/2022 at 3:00 PM.

link: Sac Sheriff - Inmate Information

Tuesday, April 5th:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ 3pm PT) - CA - Johntaya Alexander (21), Melinda Davis (57), Sergio Harris (38), Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi (32), Yamile Martinez-Andrade (21) & DeVazia Turner (29), shot dead; (shootings took place in the vicinity of the 1000 block of K Street; 6 Dead, at Least 10 Injured, 4/3/22 Sacramento). *Dandrae Martin (26) arrested & charged (4/4/22) with assault with a deadly weapon or firearm on person & convicted person carrying a loaded firearm. Held without bond.
In the video, a group of people surrounds two brawling men. One of the men chokes the other as people grab at them to try to pull them apart. The owner of El Santo said his security guards stepped in to try to break up the fight. A volley of gunfire breaks through the screaming and yelling. Then more rapid shots are heard off-screen and people begin to run.
4/4/22 Update: Sacramento Police Department SWAT members and detectives also served search warrants at three residences in the area. At least one handgun was recovered, police said. Investigators said they identified 26-year-old Dandre Martin as a “related suspect.” Martin faces felony charges on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and illegal firearm possession. Hearing on 4/5/22.

Police announced Tuesday the arrest of a "person of interest" they are identifying as 27-year-old Smiley Martinez, who also suffered injuries from the shooting. (Smiley is reportedly brother of Dandrae)

Man arrested in connection with Sacramento shooting has criminal history, court records show
According to court documents, Martin “inflicted bodily injury resulting in a traumatic condition” to his spouse.
Martin pled guilty to the charge in 2014 and was sentenced to 30 days of custody and 36 months of probation.

KCRA 3 Investigates also learned Martin spent time in an Arizona prison. He was released in 2020 after serving just over a year-and-a-half for violating probation in separate felony convictions for attempt to commit aggravated assault in 2016, and a conviction on a marijuana charge in 2018.

The above quotes are for suspect Dandrae Martin.

26-year-old arrested in connection with Sacramento mass shooting

Sacramento Shooting Updates: Police Arrest Second Suspect
Police located 27-year-old Smiley Martin at the scene with serious wounds from gunfire and took him to a hospital for treatment. According to the news release, he was quickly identified as a person of interest and remains under the supervision of an officer at the hospital.

It’s unclear how many other suspects are being sought. No description of the suspects has been released; however, according to multiple sources, the shooting happened in a drive-by shooting format. It’s unclear from police whether the suspects remained in a moving vehicle while they fired their firearms or if they jumped out of a vehicle before firing their weapons.

The brother's name is Smiley. And of course he also has a criminal record.

He's not smiling now. He was actually seriously injured in the shooting and is currently hospitalized.

The gang that can't shoot straight.

Okay - on his "real" name... :)

Actually the reporter says Smiley Martin... not Martinez.

Yes, I noticed that. The first part of my post (including the Martinez name) was copied and pasted from the info box on the video... I guess it's been changed since I posted. :confused: But, apparently, Smiley is reportedly his brother whatever the names might be. :)

Last edited:
Exclusive: Suspect in Sacramento mass shooting was out of prison despite 10-year term
Smiley Allen Martin, the second man arrested in the wake of Sunday’s mass shooting in Sacramento that killed six, has a criminal record stretching to 2013 and last year was the subject of a plea by Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert’s office that he not win early release from prison, where he was serving a 10-year sentence for domestic violence and assault with great bodily injury. Despite a two-page letter to the Board of Parole Hearings urging that Martin remain in custody, he won his release and was in Sacramento on Saturday night recording himself on a Facebook Live video brandishing a handgun hours before the shooting.

The blood of the dead and injured people are on the parole board. JMO.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article260131840.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan
Back