CA - Skylar Gregory Peterson Tosic - Bizarre missing person case 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LongTimeChinaTime

Reaction score
IMG_5980.pngIMG_5981.png

Skylar Gregory Peterson Tosic – The Charley Project

See Charley Project Link for source of information and Facebook link for support page. Skylar Gregory Peterson Tosic was He was last seen… Quoted from Charley Project… “in the hills around San Pasqual Valley near the Wild Animal Park, somewhere around the San Pasqual Agricultural Preserve, in Escondido, California at 3:30 p.m. on August 30, 2015”. That day he spoke to his cousin and his father on the phone while on his adventure, and later exchanged a creepy final text with his mother before never being seen or heard from again.

So I came across this case late last night and found it to be exceedingly creepy. Skylar had been in and out of his moms house in the two days before he disappeared, and seemed to be taking Uber trips to get around (because his car needed service) and he appeared to have been doing some hiking. Skylar had reportedly been exhibiting some erratic behavior prior to his disappearance, including espousing weird religious views.

If you reach the Charley project case, the final text he exchanged with his mom said that he met “two well-connected and rich women who had passports and offered him a free vacation”. This sounds shady as blank. But not long before on the same day Skylar told his family he was just going camping for awhile. Did he meet some people while doing that? Maybe a bizarre cult or some type of human trafficking organization? Skylar was only 20 years old, and while creepy cults and human trafficking do exist, I have always wondered really to what extent and proliferation does human trafficking in the United States operate on men, when for example, there are no shortage of 20-something year old men who openly engage in sex work on their own volition. But cults? Yes, they exist, and I opine that perhaps Skylar would have been a perfect candidate at that point for being recruited into one. It would help if any locals knew of any cults which were known to operate in the lands around where Skylar was last seen, or if “weird people” regularly frequented those parks.

Still after I look at the big picture, and again consider Skylar’s age, there are a few things I took note of. Skylar’s family and the Uber driver and witnesses in the park did not reportedly observe him with any other people, even though Skylar reported he was with “Eli and Thaddeus”, two people his mother had never heard of or seen. Skylar was known to be exhibiting erratic behavior prior to his disappearance, and was at an age where schizophrenic spectrum illnesses and bipolar are known to flare up in those who develop the illness. It is possible these two women Skylar referred to in his text with his mother were some people Skylar was speaking of that he met before, and had casual conversations with, but were not necessarily with him when he was last heard from and Skylar could have been wandering the hills in an altered, vulnerable state of mind. They theoretically could have been exaggerations derived from whoever he may have crossed paths with, but never saw again, in the days leading up to him being last seen. I have not seen details on Skylar’s social circle.

I am going to suggest a 65% chance Skylar wandered off on his own someplace, and if he didn’t perish from exposure in the hills someplace, he could have wound up living as a transient with or without mental illness. But I took a look at the area he was last seen. It does look like there is easy access to remote areas on foot which would almost never be frequented by humans and search efforts often overlook remains even in areas where they’ve searched, but I don’t know the extent of searches performed in Skylar’s case.

I am going with a 35% chance that Skylar was interacting with some weird and shady people, namely because he said he was, and, his word and his mom’s word should count for something. If he was engaged with some kind of untoward characters, they could have been grooming him for some time before he disappeared, which could have disturbed his behavior in the months or weeks before he went missing. He could have gone off to be in a cult, been trafficked, or could have been murdered a short time after he was last seen.

Hopefully those close to the case, and locals, can give more insight to the area, Skylar’s behavior prior to when he was last seen, mental health history, or any other data or details in the case which could lead us to a possible eventual resolution. For a solution which includes Skylar still being alive, would to me, I theorize, involve either being in a cult someplace (not that likely) or having gone off to eek out a transient lifestyle, with his physical appearance changing dramatically in a short period of time given his age and the effects of life on the streets.

I hope his family finds some answers soon and that discussion here can help that along.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back