Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cuddles is not a shih tzu
I thought the same thing when I saw the first picture, he looks like a chihuahua. But then I saw another picture where his hair is longer and I think he might be a chihuahua - shih tzu mix.
I have a Pug - Bichon Frise mix and she looks 99% like a Pug when her hair is short. But when it grows long she looks like a terrier.
RIP Stephanie, Dan & Cuddles. I'm actually hoping that Cuddles may still be alive somewhere...

Where did they find the guy?? Cannot find the info
Edit:
In a press conference Friday morning, a city official said Sparks surrendered voluntarily and was found underneath the home. Investigators are "confident" that their bodies are somewhere on his property.

Last edited:
Michael Royce Sparks, 62, was arrested for murder overnight after authorities swarmed the neighborhood Thursday. Police said foul play was suspected in the disappearance of Stephanie Menard, 73, and her husband, Daniel, 79.

Sparks was booked at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. Additional details about their disappearance, or the suspect's connection to them were not immediately available.

Sparks was found underneath his home and he surrendered after lengthy negotiations, according to Redland Police. He has been booked at West Valley Detention Center.

Stephanie Menard, 73, and Daniel Menard, 79, were reported missing on Sunday, according to police. During a press briefing on Thursday, the Redlands Police Department said foul play was suspected after being tipped off by a source in the couple's neighborhood.

Police are in the process of searching for the couple's bodies, which they believe are on the suspect's property. Search teams, including cadaver dogs, are on the property.

Man arrested for murder in case of couple missing from California nudist community

It sounds like he built some sort of bomb shelter/hideout, or maybe even something more malicious...jmo.
Most of these homes are RVs or are built next to and extending RVs. If Sparks's home is like that, part of it might naturally have an area underneath. Maybe someone can tell from photos of the police vehicle breaking down the walls of his home. To me it looked like there was an RV in front and a regular house in the back, but I don't know.

The area is also a bit hilly, which might make it easier to make a partial basement or lower area.

JMO

This is really a very weird story alltogether. I must admit I was still a tiny bit hopeful for the Menards….
How the hell a neighbour of that age can turn into a cold blooded murderer, I really wonder what happened. The houses look built very close, maybe they were complaining about noise

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back