Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waiting to hear more details because "under the home" is baffling, since the home is basically gone.

Justice for Stephanie and Daniel. I'm sure this is going to be another stupid situation that did not have to end in murder.

moo

BREAKING: Redlands police believe the couple who disappeared about a week ago from Colton are dead and their bodies are still somewhere inside the suspect’s home.

Omg…..
I wonder if LE spotted the couple but cannot get to them yet? They did have cameras inside the house yesterday. Maybe they saw something that assures them Stephanie and Daniel are deceased and there.

jmo

Have LE had previous interactions with MRS or had him on their radar as dangerous since they effectively tore down the house "for the officer's safety"? (I am thinking things like was he known to stockpile guns, buy items to make explosives or booby traps, belong to online groups under watch, etc.?)

And since they found him under the house, did he have a bunker under there? Would basements be common in that area? If basements aren't common, what type of hideout or room did he have under his house? When did he build it? Was it contained under his house or was he trying to create a tunnel or tunnels, etc?

MOO.

"SWAT teams used armored vehicles to tear down walls instead of entering the home "for the officer's safety," according to Baker."

I wonder if LE spotted the couple but cannot get to them yet? They did have cameras inside the house yesterday. Maybe they saw something that assures them Stephanie and Daniel are deceased and there.

jmo
Not sure the forensic team was already there? Maybe they are waiting for the coroner not to compromise evidence ? Or the suspect maybe told them that they are underneath and LE needs ither tools to reach the place and not compromise the crime scene

Baker said Sparks surrendered voluntarily after a period of negotiations. “I won’t say that he’s been cooperative,” Baker said.

“Currently we are trying to locate the victims,” Baker said Friday morning. “We are confident that they are deceased and that they are still here on the property.”

The home, which was badly damaged during the breach on Thursday, would need to be made safe before police and cadaver dogs could enter and search for the victims, Baker said.

“We don’t have any word on Cuddles, their dog,” Baker said during the Friday morning news conference.

Not sure the forensic team was already there? Maybe they are waiting for the coroner not to compromise evidence ? Or the suspect maybe told them that they are underneath and LE needs ither tools to reach the place and not compromise the crime scene

Seems to me any evidence has already been compromised by the takedown of the structure yesterday.

Have LE had previous interactions with MRS or had him on their radar as dangerous since they effectively tore down the house "for the officer's safety"? (I am thinking things like was he known to stockpile guns, buy items to make explosives or booby traps, belong to online groups under watch, etc.?)

And since they found him under the house, did he have a bunker under there? Would basements be common in that area? If basements aren't common, what type of hideout or room did he have under his house? When did he build it? Was it contained under his house or was he trying to create a tunnel or tunnels, etc?

MOO.

"SWAT teams used armored vehicles to tear down walls instead of entering the home "for the officer's safety," according to Baker."
It could mean something more, but I would first guess that "for the officer's safety" meant that the house was so packed with junk that they could not safely enter and clear the house. Just thinking of a generic hoarder's house, this could mean that objects could be at risk for falling on people, there could be biohazard concerns if there was significant animal waste, or concerns that officers could not reasonably and quickly tell if anyone was hiding in all the junk.

Seems to me any evidence has already been compromised by the takedown of the structure yesterday.
I was mostly thinking aboutnthe bodies but indeed unless they are also underneath the house, not much is left intact above it seems

At the presser, it was stated that LE looked inside the house last night using a camera, but officers could not go in until the site is made stable enough to safely enter. They said the suspect has not been cooperative.

I think the tipster may have given LE info that the couple is deceased.
Maybe so, but I find it hard to believe LE would take a tipster's word for it with such confidence until they verified it themselves. They wouldn't charge someone with murder on tip alone.

My hunch is they saw Stephanie and/or Daniel on the camera they sent in via remote control last night. :(

jmo

Maybe so, but I find it hard to believe LE would take a tipster's word for it with such confidence until they verified it themselves. They wouldn't charge someone with murder on tip alone.

My hunch is they saw Stephanie and/or Daniel on the camera they sent in via remote control last night. :(

jmo
That's possible. They also may have seen a lot of blood, and they might have smelled something.

JMO

Late Thursday evening, law enforcement fired some type of agent into the home. Investigators also deployed drones to get a closer look inside the man's property.

Before his arrest, Sparks was described by authorities as a "person of interest." One neighbor described the person of interest as a soft-spoken gentleman.

"Probably would be the last person that you would think would do something like this," Jim Hynd said.

At one point during the standoff, the armored vehicle got stuck in a hole that formed in the ground and had to be pulled out. A deputy was inside the vehicle, but he appeared to be uninjured when he was rescued.

When Baker says there's no word on Cuddles, can we take it a step further and presume there's been some admission of the Menards death/ murder? Am I reaching?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back