Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The media reports they were part of a possible lawsuit. To me that means one might be in the works but nothing has been formally filed. If they were one of several parties involved with a pending suit a query with just their names in the court system might be difficult. I did check San Bernardino County tenant/landlord records (or attempt to) to see if litigation was pending there but without the exact business name of the landlord and the exact physical address a search isn't possible. Public Portal - Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino NOTE: I did check the general records for their county (you have to register to use the site but it's free, you just have to provide name and phone number and email). There was nothing in court records for San Bernardino County under either of their names. Public Portal - Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino
The case involving them against the Nudist resort was for harassment, and it's been dismissed according to info provided when you click the link provided above.

Moo...think it was just a plain old neighbor feud. They are pretty common. They do end up in deaths quite frequently, naked or not. ...moo
You are spot on. There was one a while back in Carmel Valley, CA; neighbors were feuding over a shared driveway [eye roll] - so petty. Now the killer's forever neighbors are his cellmates, as will be case with this one. ETA: John Kenney and the Grimes couple for reference.

Last edited:
SEP 1, 2024
More human remains found at home of alleged killer of couple at nudist resort | KTLA 5
More human remains have been found at the home of 62-year-old Redlands resident Michael Sparks ...

Investigators with the Redlands Police Department on Sunday were in their fourth day of an extensive search of Spark’s property at the Olive Dell Ranch Nudist Resort when they recovered the additional remains.

[...]

It remains unclear if the additional human remains found on the property Sunday may be another victim or victims.

A few posts ago I was asking for info concerning the other neighbour that had allegedly disappeared in 2020. I could not find info other than a woman disappearing from Colton but not from that neighbourhood and her car had been found even farther away. So not really plausible but still we do not know.
I have a hard time believing that anyone can turn at 62 into a cold blooded murderer of not one but two people simultaneously, in broad daylight on a WE, and in a neighbourhood where everyone knows each other and watches what is going on.
If it turns out he killed more than 2, then they had a serial killer as neighbour.
Oh gosh

I thought it was mentioned earlier how long Sparks had been a resident there, however I haven't been able to find it. Regardless, I think it would be a good idea to check out his previous neighbourhoods for any disappearances, murders, whatever. As someone posted upthread, 62 is a little old to become a murderer.

I thought it was mentioned earlier how long Sparks had been a resident there, however I haven't been able to find it. Regardless, I think it would be a good idea to check out his previous neighbourhoods for any disappearances, murders, whatever. As someone posted upthread, 62 is a little old to become a murderer.

The Menards and Sparks all moved into the resort 15 years ago. He had never heard of any dispute between them.

The night before their disappearance, the Menards, Sparks and some other residents had dinner together off-site, Cleland said.

Snip

“I have known Sparky since I moved here,” Storm said. “From what I know myself and observed, Sparky seems to be a loner, keeps to himself.”

But he would appear at group events such as bingo, karaoke and poker, Storm said.

Search for motive continues in killing of Redlands couple living on nudist ranch​

Authorities on Sunday continued to search for a motive in the disappearance — and suspected killings — of an elderly couple who went missing from a nudist ranch in San Bernardino County.
Police said that Sparks wasn’t cooperative and surrendered to authorities only after “lengthy negotiations.”
Baker didn’t comment on a possible motive Friday. But resident Tammie Wilkerson, who lives next door to Sparks, told several local TV stations that Sparks hated the couple. The apparent feud between the Menards and Sparks involved a tree between their properties, Wilkerson told Fox 11, and Sparks “said it many times that he hated them.”

Other neighbors told the news station that Sparks was a quiet man who largely kept to himself.

While authorities have yet to comment on how the alleged killings happened, others, like longtime friend and neighbor Irene Engkraf, have been asking their own questions.

“If [Sparks] drove that car down there, how did he come from there all the way around and up that hill without anybody seeing or knowing who drove that car,” she told KTLA’s Shelby Nelson.

It remains unclear if the additional human remains found on the property Sunday may be another victim or victims.

"On Friday, human remains were found in what authorities described as a concrete bunker underneath Sparks' home. Police continued their search Sunday and recovered additional remains. The remains, however, have not been identified."

I'm not clear whether this means some of Dan and Stephanie's remains were located on Friday and some more located on Sunday, or if it means there are remains of someone else in addition to Dan and Stephanie. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

While authorities have yet to comment on how the alleged killings happened, others, like longtime friend and neighbor Irene Engkraf, have been asking their own questions.

“If [Sparks] drove that car down there, how did he come from there all the way around and up that hill without anybody seeing or knowing who drove that car,” she told KTLA’s Shelby Nelson.

The Menards were last seen on Aug. 24 and reported missing the next day by a friend when they didn’t show up for church. Their abandoned vehicle was found about a half mile down from the RV Park.

Sparks probably moved the Menard's car very late Saturday night and hoped no one would notice, then walked back to his home. Or he had an accomplice move the car and that person departed some other way. The ruse worked for a good four days because LE and neighbors were searching for the Menards in the landscape around where the car found. It wasn't until 8/29 that LE got a tip to take a close look at Sparks.

The Menards were last seen on Aug. 24 and reported missing the next day by a friend when they didn’t show up for church. Their abandoned vehicle was found about a half mile down from the RV Park.

Sparks probably moved the Menard's car very late Saturday night and hoped no one would notice, then walked back to his home. Or he had an accomplice move the car and that person departed some other way. The ruse worked for a good four days because LE and neighbors were searching for the Menards in the landscape around where the car found. It wasn't until 8/29 that LE got a tip to take a close look at Sparks.

I wonder if the security camera at the front gate showed the Menards' car leaving and then Sparks walking back in by himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back