Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Given the plot twists in this sad story, imagine if the remains are not of the Menards after all…
I don t know what to expect more from all this but as I said previously, I find it very strange that someone may become a murderer at 62 and not have done anything before that.
I hope to be proven very wrong

GRISLY FIND

More human remains found on ‘killer’s’ property at nudist resort after ‘bodies of missing couple’ discovered in bunker​

The suspect tried to take his own life before cops found him

We don't know we've located their bodies," said Redlands Police Department spokesman Carl Baker.

"We located human remains. I can't verify that that's Dan and Stephanie [Menard]."

Police found a "bag of evidence" at Sparks' residence as the investigation continues.

On Sunday, during the fourth day of the intensive search, police found additional remains.

What we know...

• Stephanie Menard, 73, and her husband, Daniel, 79, were last seen at 10 am on Saturday in Redlands, California
  • They were reported missing on Sunday when they failed to show up for church
  • Their dog Cuddles, a white shih tzu, also vanished
  • The couple's car was found unlocked with the keys inside near their property
  • Their phones and Stephanie's purse were still inside their home
  • Police bulldozed a neighbor's house after getting a tip that made him a person of interest
  • On Thursday night, the Menards' neighbor Michael Sparks, 62, was arrested
  • Police believe Stephanie and Daniel are dead and their bodies are inside Sparks' home
  • People close to the couple claim they were being harassed and feared for their safety due to a potential lawsuit they had a role in regarding the Olive Dell Ranch, a nudist resort
  • One neighbor in the community claimed Sparks "hated" the couple
  • On Friday, human remains were found under Sparks' home
  • More remains were found on Sunday
(End of article)

Oh my!

Last edited:

More Human Remains Found at Neighbor’s Home During Search for Missing California Couple​

Additional human remains were found at the home of a California man arrested last week for murder, following the disappearance of his neighbors.

On Sunday, investigators recovered additional remains during their fourth day of searching Sparks’ property, located at the Olive Dell Ranch Nudist Resort in Colton. A fire department search-and-rescue team found the remains in bags inside a concrete bunker located under Sparks’ home.
(End).

So indeed he may have dismembered the poor couple or killed also other people…or both

…..!

A little confusing to me with all these different articles.
Most of them say human remains found on Friday and just say remains found on Sunday.
One says bags of evidence found at property, Crimeonline says remains found in bags.
I'm almost thinking the remains found on Sunday are those of their dog Cuddles.

Pretty sure he tracks back to minnesota.

NameMichael Royce Sparks
Parents Margaret Louise Mathewson, Ronald Royce Sparks
Event TypeBirth
Event Date05 Aug 1962
Event PlaceOlmsted, Minnesota, United States
File Number1962-MN-021782
"Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VC5W-11G : 6 May 2014), Michael Royce Sparks, 05 Aug 1962; from "Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, Ancestry(Ancestry® | Family Tree, Genealogy & Family History Records : 2004); citing Olmsted, Minnesota, United States, Minnesota Department of Health, Minneapolis.

Edit to add his mother’s and father’s obituaries that shed some light into the places where they stayed

Last edited:

Man suspected of killing California nudist ranch couple 'hated' them: neighbors​

Neighbors described Sparks as a quiet guy who, for the most part, kept to himself.

"Mike was very quiet, laid back, it’s hard to believe he’d be involved in something like this," said Chuck Harrison.

One neighbor recalled a feud between the Menards and Sparks involving a tree between their properties.

"[Sparks] didn’t like the Menards," said Tammie Wilkerson, another neighbor. "He said it many times that he hated them, but I never thought he’d do something like this."

Redlands PD said that Sparks tried to shoot himself with a rifle moments before he was arrested, but it misfired.

" 'Other evidence'
was found as well, Police said,
while not offering any more detail.

Identification of the remains and the cause of death were awaiting an autopsy
that would be completed
'sometime this week,'
they said.

'There has been no sign of the couple's dog, Cuddles, during the search,'
Police added of the pair's still-missing Shih Tzu.

It remained unclear whether the new remains belonged to a different individual or individuals."

NameMichael Royce Sparks
Parents Margaret Louise Mathewson, Ronald Royce Sparks
Event TypeBirth
Event Date05 Aug 1962
Event PlaceOlmsted, Minnesota, United States
File Number1962-MN-021782
"Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VC5W-11G : 6 May 2014), Michael Royce Sparks, 05 Aug 1962; from "Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, Ancestry(Ancestry® | Family Tree, Genealogy & Family History Records : 2004); citing Olmsted, Minnesota, United States, Minnesota Department of Health, Minneapolis.

Edit to add his mother’s and father’s obituaries that shed some light into the places where they stayed
Thanks for that! It looks like he lived in the MORENO VALLEY, CA area prior to moving to Redlands/Colton. And before that Rochester and St. Paul’s, Minnesota. I pulled together the approximate locations and some info on this map: Michael Royce Sparks, 62 - Google My Maps

Police bulldozed a neighbor's house after getting a tip that made him a person of interest
(from the bullet point list above)
I'm wondering what the tipster could possibly have told them to convince them to just run in and thoroughly demolish his home - with him in it! (or so they thought)

Must have sounded like some very solid info.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if someone called them just to say, "Hey, you might want to question their neighbor Sparky cuz he hates them for some reason." So they go knock on his door, thinking they'll just ask if he knows anything, not even suspecting him of anything, but Sparky's a little paranoid, so when he sees it's the cops, grabs his gun and does something outrageous that tells the cops right away this is no simple knock n talk, and all of a sudden, they're calling for backup and ordering up the SWAT team and the MONSTER TANK HOUSE DESTROYING MACHINE and tearing down his whole house.

When all they wanted was just to ask when he'd seen them last.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back