CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know any place where "police gun down unarmed civilians". That absolutely doesn't happen around here.

In the Clark situation, a vandal was fleeing from police, he refused to do what police told him to do, and after being told in two separate instances to show his hands, he started fooling around with what could be mistaken for a gun on a dark night. The suspect made really stupid decisions and it cost him his life.

You don't know he vandalized anything. He was gunned down like a dog in a his own backyard for following instructions by two cowards who hid from him behind a wall after they already killed him. I guess trying to pretend they didn't just kill him? It's time for the people to stand up to excessive force used by police.

[FONT=&amp]Thousands dead, few prosecuted
[/FONT]

Among the thousands of fatal shootings at the hands of police since 2005, only 54 officers have been charged, a Post analysis found. Most were cleared or acquitted in the cases that have been resolved.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/04/11/thousands-dead-few-prosecuted/

54 officers charged over the past decade for fatally shooting someone while on duty

In an overwhelming majority of the cases where an officer was charged, the person killed was unarmed. But it usually took more than that.

When prosecutors pressed charges, The Post analysis found, there were typically other factors that made the case exceptional, including: a victim shot in the back, a video recording of the incident, incriminating testimony from other officers or allegations of a coverup.

bbm

I guess he didn't want to be arrested. He's a violent loser who decided it was okay to kill other people if he benefitted.
I agree, and in this case the cops shooting him was totally justifiable. Had he lived, and the cop died he would have been charged with capital murder, because the cop was shot during the commission of a Felony.

This case is different imo. Regardless what the cops may have thought, in the end, they shot an unarmed man.
If I am driving home, after working for 20 hours straight, and I fall asleep and broadside and kill someone crossing an intersection, should I not be punished? I mean really, I didn't mean to kill anyone. It was an accident.
In both cases, the crime is called 'Criminally Negligent Homicide. The law doesn't say that if you are a cop you are exempt. In both cases the crime happened during a lawful act (driving and a cop at work).

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/20...alties-for-accidentally-shooting-someone.html
Both these laws fall under Ca. Penal Code192. The only difference is the sub division and the section. The Shooting is Penal Code192 B PC, and the Vehicular Homicide would be Penal Code 192 C PC.

Forget about skin color. Anyone who is told by police to stop and raise their hands better listen. Running and refusing to listen, regardless of skin color, will only make things worse, especially when handling what can be mistaken as a gun.
Just wondering out loud and all other things aside, does anyone besides myself think 20 shots are a bit excessive??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Autopsy refutes police account of California shooting of black man: lawyer

Clark was hit six times in the back, once in the side and once in the leg, the independent autopsy found.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the family of Stephon Clark, a 22-year-old African-American killed in Sacramento on March 18, said the findings refuted police statements that the man had been moving toward officers in a menacing way when they fired.

“This independent autopsy affirms that Stephon was not a threat to police and was slain in another senseless police killing under increasingly questionable circumstances,” Crump said in a statement.

He may have been hit 8 times but I wonder how many shots were misses.

I wonder why they feared for their lives as he was running away.

Stephon Clark, the unarmed man who was shot by Sacramento police in his grandmother’s backyard, sparking protests throughout the city, was shot 8 times from behind, according a private autopsy commissioned by his family
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/...nt-autopsy.html#click=https://t.co/wuw8mTMNp3
Interesting.
I noticed the helicopter pilot said that "he picked up a crowbar" What I'd like to know is this.
If they were using inferred, which detects body heat, then how could he see that it was a crowbar? If he saw the crowbar, then why didn't he see the cell phone, and alert the cops of that as well?
I'll put this in my list of BS stories that adds to the cover up.
If this guy lived for up to ten minutes, and from the video the cop that shot him was supposed to go grab the trauma kit, but instead was more concerned in shutting off his body cam and talking with other cops, this could be a problem at trial, if it comes to that.
I am not saying this guy would have lived. What I am saying is "failure to render aid" is serious.

He may have been hit 8 times but I wonder how many shots were misses.

I wonder why they feared for their lives as he was running away.
If there were 20 shots fired, and 8 hit him, my math says 12 missed.

Shot six times in the back while he was moving towards them in a menacing manner wielding a crowbar that disappeared. Yeah, this stinks.

Shot six times in the back while he was moving towards them in a menacing manner wielding a crowbar that disappeared. Yeah, this stinks.

I remember my NYPD brother saying you don’t shoot a suspect in the back- ever. You’d lose your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It always surprises me that people who bag the police out when these events happen will still likely make a call to police if their own lives are in danger and expect those same police to defend them and put their lives in danger to save them.

It always surprises me that people who bag the police out when these events happen will still likely make a call to police if their own lives are in danger and expect those same police to defend them and put their lives in danger to save them.

part of the reason "these events" happen is because police as a whole are so unwilling to put their lives in danger they'll let a kid armed with a cellphone they just riddled with bullets spend his last ten minutes dying alone instead of going to help him. Someone they just killed who was unarmed! Bravery! HA

Both situations are the same - expecting police officers to do their job. That shouldn't be an unreasonable request.

You're surprised that the people who pay police officers salaries expect them to do their job?

Although I think that expectation is being lowered considerably after recent events anyway, after we've all seen four armed officers sitting outside a High School doing nothing while an active shooter was killing people inside. Maybe police officer's salaries should be lowered accordingly.

Why police so often see unarmed black men as threats

So if cops, as Correll's simulations suggest, tend to shoot black suspects more quickly, it's possible that could lead to more errors — such as shooting a black suspect when it's not necessary — in the field. "In the very situation in which [officers] most need their training," he previously told me, "we have some reason to believe that their training will be most likely to fail them."

Other research found that the public and police are less likely to view black people as innocent. As part of a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology in 2014, researchers studied 176 mostly white, male police officers, and tested them to see if they held an unconscious "dehumanization bias" against black people by having them match photos of people with photos of big cats or apes.

Researchers found that officers commonly dehumanized black people, and those who did were most likely to be the ones who had a record of using force on black children in custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back