CA CA - Steven Geisler, 51, Phelan, 10 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A prior poster said that Pepe's Towing towed the truck at the request of the USFS. Wonder if they would give the location that they towed from?

Should we now go with the original mountainous location on Lytle Creek Road west of the I-15? Sierra Road (just off of I-15, well south of Hesperia) segues into Lytle Creek Road.

The vehicle was towed by US Forestry Service (909 383-5651) on 05/18/2013 from Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road. The vehicle was towed by Pepe's Towing, 909 574-1490. Incident #BDF7496.

I even thought of just calling the case manager and asking her to check if SDG had any connections to CM. She would probably think I was nuts....
So many people go missing. Tom what makes you think this man may have been involved with CM, besides the location?

I even thought of just calling the case manager and asking her to check if SDG had any connections to CM. She would probably think I was nuts....
So many people go missing. Tom what makes you think this man may have been involved with CM, besides the location?

***********************************************************************************************
Check out the show airing again on CNN on Sunday, 2/15, at 4pm Pacific Time and decide for yourself if you think Mr. Smith just escaped a possibly dire encounter. Made me think that CM likes to scare people just before he takes and does what he wants.

Ok, I think that Mr. Geisler could have gone to the Mt. Baldy area to do some gold prospecting which is the biggest area in southern California for weekend gold mining prospectors. Maybe SDG met up with CM, (as did the Mr. Smith who gave a recounting of his own creepy experience with CM while gold prospecting per the CNN Special that aired last week). After hearing Mr. Smith’s account, my thought is: could Mr. Geisler have gone to the area and brought valuable gold mining equipment with him? The area where his truck was found, btw, is just a short drive south down the I-15 from Victorville and then westward into the San Gabriel mountains. And, could CM have known SDG through gold-prospecting interest clubs and have wanted SDG's equipment and decided to just take all for himself?

Recall: Steven Douglas Geisler, 51 years old, went missing in May 2013 from Phelan, a town just minutes south and then west of Victorville. SDG's Ford pickup truck was found on Lytle Creek Road, a mountain road west off of the I-15 and due east of Mt. Baldy. The exit for Lytle Creek Road is Sierra Rd. and it is south of Victorville and Hesperia and to the west off the I-15. Given where SDG’s truck was towed from, perhaps Mr. Geisler was into gold mining too.

Interestingly, there are several very old gold mines in and around Mt. Baldy that are the destination of weekend gold miners.

Chase Merritt's employer, Keene Engineering, was quoted in a 1991 article regarding recreational gold mining in the Mt. Baldy area:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4181,3717978.

CM's employer, Keene Engineering, regularly led gold mining trips into Lytle Creek and up the canyons in the same area that Mr. Steve Geisler disappeared in May 2013.

http://crazyforgold007.com/page127.html

Gold mining trips up Lytle Creek canyon are also led by The Route 66 Gold Miners of Brea, CA. Also, CM’s one time mailing address was in Oro Grande; a tiny town in which the old Route 66 runs right through and is just a mere four to five miles due west over a desert road from the McStay family’s grave site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsBwS2DHgs

From CM’s thread on the McStay family:

Previously I posted on the WS on the CM thread:
“Steven Douglas Geisler, 51 years old, went missing in May 2013 from Phelan, a town just minutes south and then west of Victorville. This man's Ford pickup truck was found on Lytle Creek Road, a mountain road west off of the I-15 and due east of Mt. Baldy. The exit for Lytle Creek is south of Victorville and Hesperia. Perhaps Mr. Geisler was into gold mining too. Interestingly, there are several very old gold mines in and around Mt. Baldy that are the destination of weekend gold miners.

Chase Merritt's employer, Keene Engineering, was quoted in a 1991 article regarding recreational gold mining in the Mt. Baldy area:”
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4181,3717978.

Then Minazoe posted:
“This is exactly what I'm talking about...Sadly there are many, many missing people in CA, so it's alot to sort thru..he is a perfect victim for Chase Merritt..detectives have to be studying this stuff, non?

How did he get his prospecting biz and equipment together? I bet there are warrants for every item of anything chase has in his shop, garage, etc....

Can you see him becoming a raging maniac , suddenly in the middle of nowhere?
I can...moo”

I posted on the CM thread:
“CM's employer, Keene Engineering, regularly led gold mining trips into Lytle Creek and up the canyons in the same area that Mr. Steve Geisler disappeared in May 2013.”

http://crazyforgold007.com/page127.html

“Gold mining trip to Lytle Creek by Route 66 Gold Miners of Brea, CA.” Also, CM’s one time mailing address was in Oro Grande; a tiny town in which the old Route 66 runs right through and is just a mere four to five miles due west over a desert road from the McStay family’s grave site.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsBwS2DHgs

(Commentary: I’m pretty sure that CM once lived in Brea. Given his interest in gold mining, seems very reasonable that CM would have taken an interest or participated in the Route 66 Gold Miners club.)

Posted by Paulette:
“There is no information on google about Mr. Geisler. He looks pretty rough from the photo - DL photo? Arrest photo? No one is looking for him. He owned a pick-up truck - and that's it. Geez...poor guy.”

I then posted:
“Yeah, Paulette, seemed strange to me too that he is so hard to find online. I saw that there were a couple of women with the same last name living in Phelan, which is where Mr. Geisler lived when he disappeared. Other than that, nada.”

Paulette posted:
“I wonder who reported him missing? The description of his circumstances at the time he went missing aren't even provided. Somebody must have reported him in order for him to be in the Missing.Org data base, right?”

*********************************************************************************

Here is the CNN transcript of Jerry Smith recounting his interaction with CM while he and his wife were out gold prospecting with CM out in the middle of nowhere:

JERRY SMITH (PH): Extremely friendly, you know, very outgoing. This is where Chase and I dug this.
KAYE: Jerry Smith (ph), a recreational gold prospector met Chase Merritt in August 2014. He's asked us not to use his real name for his protection.

Jerry met Chase through his new career, gold mining.

SMITH (PH): My wife and I purchased a machine called the dry washer and there was a broken part. So I contacted the manufacturer and the manufacturer got me in touch with Chase.

KAYE: After Chase fixed his gear, Jerry and his wife went gold prospecting with Chase a handful of times in a high desert.

SMITH (PH): He said, "I know those areas like the back on my hand."

KAYE: But Jerry says the Chase Merritt who showed up the last time they met was noticeably different from the friendly cowboy he had come to know.

SMITH (PH): While we were standing there, Chase says to me, "You probably know who I am." And I referred back to him, I said, "Well, not really because we just met you four or five weeks ago." And he said, "Well have you ever heard of the McStay family?"
KAYE: Jerry remembered hearing about the McStays on the news but had no clue Chase had any connection to them.

SMITH (PH): He said that he was Joey's best friend and his business partner. He didn't seem sad at all talking about it. He was almost kind of cold and he also went on to talk about his wife, Summer, he called her an F-ing ***** a couple of times.

And more and more, he talked about things that were going on between him and the McStay family that the more uneasy I got.

KAYE: Jerry's unease only got worst when Chase insisted they hike here, to an even more secluded area.

KAYE: So what was your gut telling you that day?

SMITH (PH): I was getting spooked, hair were standing up on my body.

KAYE: Jerry quickly hiked back to his wife, packed up his $10,000 worth of prospect being here and headed out of the desert. The next day, Jerry decided he needed to tell someone what it happened.

SMITH (PH): I made contact with the Sheriff's Department Homicide.
KAYE: What was their response?

SMITH (PH): His response to me was, that he appreciated us calling and he said helps us build like character of about somebody.

Check out the show airing again on CNN on Sunday, 2/15, at 4pm Pacific Time and decide for yourself if you think Mr. Smith just escaped a possibly dire encounter. Makes me believe that CM likes to scare people just before he takes and does what he wants.

CNN SPECIAL REPORTS

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...10/csr.01.html

It's over 425 miles from Stockton to Big Bear. Stockton LE has the case so I'm guessing he did live in Stockton. So what was his truck doing so far away? Also, the last seen by person must be in Stockton or SBPD would have the case. No connection to CM anywhere that I can see.

Here's a link to the case report. Including contact information for agency investigator.
He a drove a white F250 pickup. Fingerprints on file so I'm assuming he has a police record of some kind.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/20573

Does anyone have thought on why the Stockton, California Police Department is listed as the investigating agency? Stockton is a located north and hundreds of miles away from where SDG's truck was found. The city of Stockton is about 30 miles south of Sacramento, way up in northern California.

It's over 425 miles from Stockton to Big Bear. Stockton LE has the case so I'm guessing he did live in Stockton. So what was his truck doing so far away? Also, the last seen by person must be in Stockton or SBPD would have the case. No connection to CM anywhere that I can see.

Are you sure that the truck was found south of Big Bear? Did you find the location of Lytle Creek and Forest Service Road #3N05 in that area because I checked it and there's no road for Lytle Creek in that area per Google Earth. However, I did find both roads over in the San Gabriel Mountains west of the I-15 and near Mt. Baldy. I think Serenity rechecked Google Earth for both roads too and now thinks the truck was towed from the area just north of Ranch Coco, same as me. TIA

Repost of Serenity's post on location of SDG's towed truck:

"Well google earth is now showing 4 balloons for Lytle creek road and N306. I think they are showing fire service stations? 3 of the balloons are just north of Ranco Cucomonga. It makes more sense that that was where the truck was found, IMO
Sorry for the confusion.
The one balloon in the national forest doesn't show any service road only a ridge trail. ?????"

Are you sure that the truck was found south of Big Bear? Did you find the location of Lytle Creek and Forest Service Road #3N05 in that area because I checked it and there's no road for Lytle Creek in that area per Google Earth. However, I did find both roads over in the San Gabriel Mountains west of the I-15 and near Mt. Baldy. I think Serenity rechecked Google Earth for both roads too and now thinks the truck was towed from the area just north of Ranch Coco, same as me. TIA

I'm having the same problem, below are some google map links. Where was the truck was found?

Went missing from Phelan 92371

Truck Found? Lytle Creek Road, North of Rancho Cucamongo

Truck Found? Fire Service Road #3N05

Towing Company Location, Pepe's, 909 574-1490

There's a project in the works "The Legacy Project" to repair FSR 3N05. "3N05 Gold Fever Road Planned Activites".

The paper goes on to detail some of the ponds & meadows, etc.

Here's a map & if you scroll around you'll see there were mines at one time up there.

http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=34.24779...5329,-116.71275,12.1 km E of Big Bear City CA

I have yet to find a picture of 3N05 - let alone where it intersects with Lytle Creek Road (though I did follow Lytle Creek Road for a ways using google's little man) but stopped when it got so long and winded back like in a circle.

Betcha he wasn't just driving the back roads for fun - probably gold hunting (if he was even there).

Would sure like to have his birthday - I'm guessing it's the 1st one I found, but can't be sure.

Lytle Creek Road is so far away from 3N05

Could the truck have been found at 3N05 and towed to Fire Department Station 20, 497 Lytle Creek Rd. , Lytle Creek , CA 92358?

Official Report States

The vehicle was towed by US Forestry Service (909 383-5651) on 05/18/2013 from Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road

OK. I used google maps and entered:
Fire service road #3N06A and Lytle creek road. Its close to mount Baldy. I think this might be where the truck was found.
Feed back?

OK. I used google maps and entered:
Fire service road #3N06A and Lytle creek road. Its close to mount Baldy. I think this might be where the truck was found.
Feed back?

Anything is possible. Do you think they could have messed up the ticket?

It does make more sense, as he's reported to have gone missing from Phelan.

To access the upper North Fork, just continue up Lytle Creek Road (3N06). Near the firing range this paved road turns into a gravel/rock road (high-clearance recommended, and if the road surface is wet/snowy/icy then you'll need 4wd). A few miles up this road Coldwater Canyon Road (3N06A) splits off from it going to the left, crossing the wash. Vehicles are not allowed to travel up and down the wash itself. You will need high-clearance and 4wd to drive up to Coldwater Canyon. A few more miles up 3N33 splits off to the right (road is currently closed due to the Sheep Fire, but when open climbs up to Gobbler's Knob). Another mile or so and Paiute Canyon Road (3N06B) splits off to the right, again high-clearance and 4wd is required. 3N06 continues up to a camping area called Stockton Flats and eventually ends at a gate. You can walk up the road behind the gate and reach Baldy Saddle at the Mt. Baldy Ski Resort.
http://www.summitpost.org/lytle-creek-canyon/405236

I think this the area. Lots of gold prospecting

he upper North Fork, just continue up Lytle Creek Road (3N06). Near the firing range this paved road turns into a gravel/rock road (high-clearance recommended, and if the road surface is wet/snowy/icy then you'll need 4wd). A few miles up this road Coldwater Canyon Road (3N06A) splits off from it going to the left, crossing the wash. Vehicles are not allowed to travel up and down the wash itself. You will need high-clearance and 4wd to drive up to Coldwater Canyon. A few more miles up 3N33 splits off to the right (road is currently closed due to the Sheep Fire, but when open climbs up to Gobbler's Knob). Another mile or so and Paiute Canyon Road (3N06B) splits off to the right, again high-clearance and 4wd is required. 3N06 continues up to a camping area called Stockton Flats and eventually ends at a gate. You can walk up the road behind the gate and reach Baldy Saddle at the Mt. Baldy Ski Resort.
http://www.summitpost.org/lytle-creek-canyon/405236

I think this the area. Lots of gold prospecting

BBM Does make you wonder about CM :thinking:

Anything is possible. Do you think they could have messed up the ticket?

It does make more sense, as he's reported to have gone missing from Phelan.

I think it means last seen in Phelan at 4:30 pm on the 10th. Truck found on the 18th. So 8 days had passed before he was reported missing. Well good luck finding his body up there! For all we know, his truck could have been planted far from his body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain
Back