CA CA - Sue Sharp 36, & 3 children, Keddie Cabin Murders, Plumas, 11 Apr 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tonight at 10: A Bombshell Breakthrough In The Keddie Murders
Thirty-five years ago, a single day changed the life of one local girl. She found her mother, brother and family friend brutally murdered in their cabin.
screen-shot-2016-05-02-at-12-06-10-am.png

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...bombshell-breakthrough-in-the-keddie-murders/

Why would there be a cover-up?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/05/02/35-years-later-new-clues-may-solve-keddie-murder-mystery/

“I am not by nature a conspiracy theorist but there are facts and circumstances—the number and the nature of which—I can’t ignore anymore,” he said.

What was ignored was an alleged admission of guilty by one of the suspects.

“They covered it up, is the way it sounds,” Gamberg said.

It’s a believe long-shared by the victims’ family.

“I was told the suspects were told to get out of town, so to me that means it was covered up,” Sharp said.

Sounds like the person(s) that committed the murders were local to the area. If the suspects are deceased, I'm not sure we'll ever know what happened. I cannot imagine how this affected the daughter that found them. I wonder about how her life turned out.

Why would there be a cover-up?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/05/02/35-years-later-new-clues-may-solve-keddie-murder-mystery/

“I am not by nature a conspiracy theorist but there are facts and circumstances—the number and the nature of which—I can’t ignore anymore,” he said.

What was ignored was an alleged admission of guilty by one of the suspects.

“They covered it up, is the way it sounds,” Gamberg said.

It’s a believe long-shared by the victims’ family.

“I was told the suspects were told to get out of town, so to me that means it was covered up,” Sharp said.

Who were these guys that the local officials would cover this up for them. Family members? Can anyone tell if there is a link between the suspects and the police department?

I too believe that the murders were about an attraction with the 12yo girl. No reason to take her unless they had plans for her later. Why risk the chance of being caught with her in a chance traffic stop? No doubt it was sexual in nature, otherwise, she would have been dead at the scene like the others. I can't buy that the killers took her to "throw off" LE. I don't believe they were advanced enoughed to think that far ahead. People that do something this sloppy are not psticularly bright. It was a case of opportunity. More than likely, the main suspects are the guilty ones. This was no random act. More often than not it is the most likely people weho did this. Look for a person who is known for a violent history. I think the main suspect fitted thar bill. Also, they had both been drinking that night and had a confrontation. The mother rejecting them for a date might have set it off. But in my opinion the girl was the the focus all along. She may have been stalked in secret for a while.

Well. I'm officially creeped out look at the pictures and watching part of the documentary. Think I'll sleep with the lights on tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my oppinion this had absolutly nothing to do with the 12 yr old girl at all ..I have allways believed and have seen them comment on other fourms some of the men who are involved or believed to be . Anyway it's my belief this was all about one thing Drugs the who why and how i have no idea but im pretty sure it was all about drugs..

I believe the main suspect told police his hammer was missing to create a reason if it was ever linked back to him. Usually people who do these kind of things build up to it. One doesn't go from just a little "abnormal" to a hammer murder in one day. Drug dealers don' t usually beat multiple people to death with a hammer. They use guns. This was very sloppy. The tape taken to the scene before the killings may have been to tie up the 12yo to kidnap and assault her.
And just because the killers didn't get caught doesn't mean they planned it out well and were really brilliant. Many times it is just a matter of sheer luck nobody sees them. Usually, bad thoughts enter killer's minds over long periods of time but they only act upon them when a particular event sets it off. That triggger sets it in motion. The rejection by the mother he hated already and the argument in the bar gave him a good reason to act out his urges. The alcohol fueled it too. The boys probably heard something from the basement and came in on it. It wasn't about them, they just got in the way. This was done by people who lived right near the family for sure.

I believe the main suspect told police his hammer was missing to create a reason if it was ever linked back to him. Usually people who do these kind of things build up to it. One doesn't go from just a little "abnormal" to a hammer murder in one day. Drug dealers don' t usually beat multiple people to death with a hammer. They use guns. This was very sloppy. The tape taken to the scene before the killings may have been to tie up the 12yo to kidnap and assault her.
And just because the killers didn't get caught doesn't mean they planned it out well and were really brilliant. Many times it is just a matter of sheer luck nobody sees them. Usually, bad thoughts enter killer's minds over long periods of time but they only act upon them when a particular event sets it off. That triggger sets it in motion. The rejection by the mother he hated already and the argument in the bar gave him a good reason to act out his urges. The alcohol fueled it too. The boys probably heard something from the basement and came in on it. It wasn't about them, they just got in the way. This was done by people who lived right near the family for sure.
When your gonna kill someone drug dealer or construction worker with his hammer youare not gonna leave anyone alive in the house because they know who u are in this case these guys are well knowen...more then that there was knives used in the crimes alot more then a hammer was used .

I believe its like a cellar or cold room in a older house ..just my thought not positive.

So what's a detached basement room mean?

In this case it meant the basement didn't have an access from inside the house. They had to first go out the outside basement door and either walk up the outside steps in back or around to the front door.

I respect everyone's opinion. I could be wrong of course but this to me seems like a really deep seething anger. Knife or hammer, it doesnt really matter. Both are very personal because it involves getting really close and not being able to seperate yourself at all from it.. Anyone who can hit somone with a hammer is obviously very disturbed and a very violent person who probably has a long history of abuse.

I've been watching the documentary on YouTube. Part 1 & 2. During Part 2, there is a recorded interview with Marty Smartt that I found interesting. He's talking about whether his step-son Justin could have seen something that night while sleeping over at the Sharp's cabin. Bo came in to tell him about the murders. This is what he said: "Sue and Ricky, er, Sue and Johnny had been killed, murdered. I thought don't come in and tell that kind of joke, it's not funny. [Bo] started with the details , I stopped him 'cause I got [younger son Casey] there. Don't go into details, we don't want to hear all the gory stuff because I didn't want the young kid to hear it.
There's a very high possibility that [Justin] could have been awake or alerted to something unusual in that house. And he's quiet enough where he could have noticed something without me detecting him."

That's pretty incriminating, and on tape. If he wasn't there, how could his son have been detected by him? Curious. The statement is on the YouTube vid that includes both Part 1 & Part 2 and is at about the 1:58:00 mark.

I think everyone should read the Keddie28 sight. That guy has put his life into this case. Some things I kind of raise my eyebrows at but he has really uncovered a lot of info that LE was blind to.
When it comes down to it, they didn't care about a poor, poverty stricken family that was murdered in the woods. I suspect drugs were involved which kind of gave the perps a free pass and everything else was swept under the rug.
Honestly and IMO this is a very complex case.

I've been watching the documentary on YouTube. Part 1 & 2. During Part 2, there is a recorded interview with Marty Smartt that I found interesting. He's talking about whether his step-son Justin could have seen something that night while sleeping over at the Sharp's cabin. Bo came in to tell him about the murders. This is what he said: "Sue and Ricky, er, Sue and Johnny had been killed, murdered. I thought don't come in and tell that kind of joke, it's not funny. [Bo] started with the details , I stopped him 'cause I got [younger son Casey] there. Don't go into details, we don't want to hear all the gory stuff because I didn't want the young kid to hear it.
There's a very high possibility that [Justin] could have been awake or alerted to something unusual in that house. And he's quiet enough where he could have noticed something without me detecting him."

That's pretty incriminating, and on tape. If he wasn't there, how could his son have been detected by him? Curious. The statement is on the YouTube vid that includes both Part 1 & Part 2 and is at about the 1:58:00 mark.

Yes. And in the second video, Justin talks about leaving cabin 28 the morning the bodies were discovered and he started to walk toward his cabin next door but stopped in his tracks as a feeling of dread swept over him when he saw his cabin. He didn't want to go home ... and I said to myself "He knew that the killer was someone in his house", he was afraid his mom was dead, too. Hmmmm. Now what would make him think that? I believe this case is solved and I hope that Justin can rest easy and live in peace now that Marty is dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back