CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1
In this comment from Kjac22, he says that Susan is a very private and shy person and she is uncomfortable outside familiar settings and routines.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

In this comment he mentions Susan likes going shopping to Kohl's ,Target, Raley's, probably about Once a week with a similar time and pattern.

But yet in this comment he mentions that she usually runs errands Every Day Driving in her car. What ELSE does she do, if she usually goes Shopping ONCE a week, but yet drives EVERY DAY in her car?

IMOO.

Ok, color me confused. LOL I always wanted to say that..

Anyways, really - I get why he would describe her as this way if this was truly how she was/is but if you believe that she was a victim of foul play, it sort of seems to be a moot point.

jmo.

Kind of reminds me of Jennifer Ramsaran and how her husband described her in so many ways, none of which were true or valid as he killed her. BUT, initially he put it all out there and we all had to step back and wonder, did she leave him?

People can be very multi-faceted.

I struggle a lot with social anxiety, and could be considered "reclusive".

Yet, I still try to make a point to leave the house each day even if just to get a cup of coffee at the drive-thru and bring it back home, or go into the store to get a few ingredients for a meal. Sometimes, I just drive around for a bit or window shop at local boutiques. I try to leave the house for an hour a day, but not really for social reasons.

I make a point to go out while school is in session and most people are at work. I do not start conversations with strangers. I feel nervous walking to/from my car and the businesses. I also sometimes will start to have physical symptoms of an anxiety attack, in which case I just give up and go home.

If my husband were to describe me, his statements may be considered contradictory. At home or around my few close friends I can be bubbly, over-talkative, and very loud/enthusiastic. But I could also be described accurately as quiet, shy, reclusive, and having a significant amount of social anxiety.

^^The above is specific to me, and of course may not relate to Susan at all. I just believe it is important for us, LE, and family to remember that Susan is likely not one-dimensional. Her personality and attitude may depend on her surroundings, the company she is in, or an individual situation that she is faced with.

Also, about being treated for anxiety..

In America these days we tend to receive treatment or a pill for everything. (Absolutely nothing wrong with taking medication for anxiety!) But I have certainly encountered a great number of people from Susan's generation that do not understand medicating illnesses that cannot be "seen". I have no idea what Susan's thoughts would be about receiving medication or treatment for anxieties, but if she has not been treated for anxiety, IMO, that does not make any statements from her family regarding Susan's social anxiety any less likely. Just my opinion, of course. =).

Some people suffer from anxiety so great that they cannot function normally. For individuals who are still able to function, but choose to be withdrawn as a result of the anxiety I believe there are many who may not feel that their anxiety is "valid" enough to be treated or take medication for. Many people seem to take the approach of "get over it and stop being dramatic"... perhaps this was how Susan was raised to think or how her family treated her anxiety?

I really don't know the details about anxiety Susan may or may not have suffered from, but I just wanted to say that I don't think treatment for anxiety (or depression for that matter) is always black and white. What we know about Susan's anxiety at this point certainly doesn't lead me to any conclusions regarding her case.

Just my friendly opinion!

To me, regardless if Susan had mild anxiety, moderate or severe, the fact that she Drove every day to run errands is very interesting, and to note she grocery shopped about once a week, so what I am getting at is, what was she doing driving Every day? Where was she going? Who did she see? How many people was she in contact with? The answers to those questions might give a clue as to who saw her last (besides her husband), what her hobbies were, and who may have harmed her if something nefarious occurred, if indeed she was harmed by someone she knew in her life.
IMOO.

To me, regardless if Susan had mild anxiety, moderate or severe, the fact that she Drove every day to run errands is very interesting, and to note she grocery shopped about once a week, so what I am getting at is, what was she doing driving Every day? Where was she going? Who did she see? How many people was she in contact with? The answers to those questions might give a clue as to who saw her last (besides her husband), what her hobbies were, and who may have harmed her if something nefarious occurred, if indeed she was harmed by someone she knew in her life.
IMOO.

If Susan used a credit or debit card for any such daily outings, then I am sure that her husband or LE would have been able to determine how she may have spent time during the days her husband was at work.

Of course, there are plenty of options that do not involve spending $$. Perhaps reading a book on a bench at the local park. Going to a local duck pond. Reading at the library. Are there museums locally that would be enjoyable to spend time at? Susan could have come into contact or have been seen by any number of people with bad motives-- routinely, or just once.

I don't think it would be hard to follow or "tail" an unassuming 59 y/o woman to find out where she lives. Not that I am saying that someone was stalking her and waiting for an opportunity. It's a possibility, of course.

I just realized I don't pay enough attention while driving and would not realize if someone were to follow me for any length of time while out on errands or driving home. :banghead: Note to self: start taking notice!

WILDCAT, from your post on June 14th you mention that you personally have been to two Roseville Neighborhood Association meetings and a neighborhood watch meeting within the last 6 months.
What have you seen around the city of Roseville and Sun City area of Roseville in regards to posters about Susan, and getting the word out about Susan? Do people talk about her in Roseville?
IMOO.

Actually, now my wife and I have been to 5 Roseville Neighborhood Association meetings and/or events in the last year.

Background: The city of Roseville has a population of approximately 125,000 and is divided into about 42 formally defined neighborhoods. The city encourages the creation of active Neighborhood Associations representing the neighborhoods to as a mechanism to share and receive information about any type of quality of life issues impacting the area. Roughly 40% of the neighborhoods have active Neighborhood Associations.

The Neighborhood Associations are one conduit of information from Public Safety, Utilities, and other city and regional organizations. There is quite a bit of membership overlap between active Neighborhood Association members and Neighborhood Watch involvement.

Observations: Since representatives from the Police and/or Fire Departments frequently attend Neighborhood Association meetings, and attendees are frequently encouraged to subscribe to email Public Safety Updates (e-Notify and Twitter @RSVL_Pub_Safety), these people tend to be much more aware of incidents within the city.

Not surprisingly, attendees at Roseville Neighborhood Association meetings tend to have a much higher awareness about Susan's case. In my association meeting (two away from her's and bordering the Raley's Shopping Center), awareness seems higher than 85%.

Other anecdotal information: While staffing a table at our community garage sale on June 8, awareness of case was very high (many of the customers were from Sun City).

Because of strong code enforcement, you see very few posters of any type throughout the city. I have seen Missing Posters for Susan at a UPS Store and stapled (with dozens of staples) to a Liquid Amber Tree when walking near our house.

Recently, when violent crime is discussed, and Roseville is below the national and regional averages, Susan's case virtually always comes up.

Are there people who never heard of Susan? Of course, and many of these people could not name the Mayor, any members of the City Council, or tell you which police beat they live in.

Wildcat, many of us were not even aware that Susan was talked about much in Sun City/Roseville, because of the lack of information on the internet, or even lack of information on news stations.
We were hoping that Susan would be talked about and word spread about her being missing.
IMOO.

=) True..

Do you know Nik - or anyone for that matter if there is an email address that I could address instead of calling? I can call and I will but if I can email -----------hmm, chicken's way out maybe but I'll fire it off today!

I haven't looked around for it. I guess if we knew the specific detective's name assigned that would help too.

I found a general email address (posted a page or two ago) but given that I haven't heard back, I don't know how good it is. You might have better luck via the FB page, either a private or public message. I heard back there within minutes. Granted there wasn't much info... but I heard back.
https://www.facebook.com/rosevillepublicsafety. I'm really hoping to hear back on the email since that's where I sent the Craigslist posting.

Exactly, because after she Drives, then she comes Home to walk the dog once or twice a day, so it isn't like she is Driving herself with the dog in the car to walk the dog elsewhere, so what Does she do?
IMOO.

FWIW maybe she just drives... I do that sometimes, find it relaxing. I know I'm a little strange like that though. :)

Just some random thoughts...

We are only hearing from one person's perspective that Susan had social anxiety/was somewhat of a recluse/etc...

Yet...she went out among the community most every day to run errands

she walked a (hers?) dog every day...

she shopped at the Galleria Mall ...

these three facts do not add up to a recluse (my words) to me...

I cannot remember how long Susan lived in Sun City...

I would REALLY like to know about her life in Nevada before she moved to CA...

I wonder what types of social interactions she experienced during the time she was raising her son... During the time she worked... Etc...

Having a hip replacement could be debilitating... Yet she got out and about in the community DAILY... So I do not get the feeling she was as "isolated" as has been suggested by the one person's perspective...

I hesitate to compare to myself... Because I am just one example...

But she runs errands out in the community a heck of a lot more than I do...

and I avoid malls like the plague... Too "busy"... Too much crowds... Etc....

and though the activities I prefer are mostly solitary... I am not a recluse...

this is just a lot of rambling JMO... MOO... And all that...

She had a job and retired anyone know what she did?

Just some random thoughts...

We are only hearing from one person's perspective that Susan had social anxiety/was somewhat of a recluse/etc...

Yet...she went out among the community most every day to run errands

she walked a (hers?) dog every day...

she shopped at the Galleria Mall ...

these three facts do not add up to a recluse (my words) to me...

I cannot remember how long Susan lived in Sun City...

I would REALLY like to know about her life in Nevada before she moved to CA...

I wonder what types of social interactions she experienced during the time she was raising her son... During the time she worked... Etc...

Having a hip replacement could be debilitating... Yet she got out and about in the community DAILY... So I do not get the feeling she was as "isolated" as has been suggested by the one person's perspective...

I hesitate to compare to myself... Because I am just one example...

But she runs errands out in the community a heck of a lot more than I do...

and I avoid malls like the plague... Too "busy"... Too much crowds... Etc....

and though the activities I prefer are mostly solitary... I am not a recluse...

this is just a lot of rambling JMO... MOO... And all that...

IMO compare yourself if you think you're comparable. :) I keep trying to avoid comparing myself to her too much because I don't want to get "tunnel vision," but I think of her as being similar to me as well (and yet, I only even go to the mall when I feel like I absolutely have to - if she goes by choice, she's even more out-and-about than I thought!).

Some would probably describe me as fairly reclusive but I know the neighbors, the grocery store clerks, will strike up a conversation with people in line, and I have a weird fascination with truck stops - really enjoy talking to people there. And as I've mentioned before, dog park is pretty much a slam dunk if I want to talk to people. I don't consider myself reclusive, just maybe kinda private or guarded.

I think Susan is probably "private" and "quiet" but I don't think she had extreme anxiety, just from the little bit we know. It also seems like her lack of presence would be noticed, maybe not right away, but when someone saw her picture a week or two after she went missing wouldn't they vaguely remember seeing her or NOT seeing her recently? I really hope so, and I really hope anyone with that uncomfortable gut feeling has gone to LE.

Sorry, I'm rambling too... wish my rambling was leading to something that would help FIND her.

Wildcat, many of us were not even aware that Susan was talked about much in Sun City/Roseville, because of the lack of information on the internet, or even lack of information on news stations.
We were hoping that Susan would be talked about and word spread about her being missing.
IMOO.

JMO... I'm very, very glad to hear she's talked about at these public meetings! It's a relief to know that people think and wonder and care about her.

I do still have to ask, how can we get word out to people who DON'T go to them but would still care if they knew? I admire those who go, but so few people actually go to those meetings from what I've seen.

Some type of graphic design IIRC.

It is interesting to note that if the information is correct that Susan is a graphic designer, that she was uncomfortable using a computer and technology.
With computers being around for Years now, I would think she would have had to know more about computers just for the sake of being a graphic designer, whether having your own website, or working with someone, no matter what type of graphic design she chose, as there are many ways to express graphic design. In the age of technology,it seems odd that she didn't know more about technology. That would definitely benefit her graphic design career.
I understand she is "more or less" retired as Kjac22 once posted, but computers have been around a long time not for her to enhance her career, and I am not even talking about a graphic web designer, I am talking about a portfolio on line of the work she has accomplished.
IMOO.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Arts-and-Design/Graphic-designers.htm#tab-2

"Graphic designers also need to keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive."

IF this was my relative, I would beg money(if that's an issue for them) to put up a billboard. Posters would be in the local park, at any store she ever went to, I would call the media and ask for an update weekly, buy an ad in the papers, stand at the grocery store with flyers. I would go to these meetings and speak, I would go all over the neighborhood and ask for participants in a big vigil....
What I wouldn't do is be very quiet! At these meetings, do they mention Susan and move on to the next item on the agenda?

...At these meetings, do they mention Susan and move on to the next item on the agenda?

Actually, she has usually been brought up during Q&A with a representative of the Police Department. Basically, the response is that it is an ongoing investigation in which the person is not directly involved.

However, I could tell by audience reaction (and conversations outside of the formal meeting) that the vast majority of attendees are aware of the case.

I have had multiple experiences which make me believe that residents of Sun City Roseville are particularly aware of Susan's disappearance. I would expect this to be the case, as there is likely cross fertilization between different clubs and groups, and there are a lot of people who golf, bike, walk, and eat at the Timbers, etc.

JMO... I'm very, very glad to hear she's talked about at these public meetings! It's a relief to know that people think and wonder and care about her.

I do still have to ask, how can we get word out to people who DON'T go to them but would still care if they knew? I admire those who go, but so few people actually go to those meetings from what I've seen.

Yes, I would guess that less than 1% of the population would attend one of these regular meetings during the year (while a larger number participate in awareness and recreational activities sponsored by the Neighborhood Associations).

Honestly, initial outreach by the Police Department to the public in the local area was fast, repeated, and by a variety of communication channels. If anybody had any knowledge about Susan's disappearance, they probably have already shared the information with the authorities (or they don't plan to).

If Susan is wandering around in Roseville, there are a very large number who have seen her picture.

Actually, she has usually been brought up during Q&A with a representative of the Police Department. Basically, the response is that it is an ongoing investigation in which the person is not directly involved.

However, I could tell by audience reaction (and conversations outside of the formal meeting) that the vast majority of attendees are aware of the case.

I have had multiple experiences which make me believe that residents of Sun City Roseville are particularly aware of Susan's disappearance. I would expect this to be the case, as there is likely cross fertilization between different clubs and groups, and there are a lot of people who golf, bike, walk, and eat at the Timbers, etc.

Yes, I would guess that less than 1% of the population would attend one of these regular meetings during the year (while a larger number participate in awareness and recreational activities sponsored by the Neighborhood Associations).

Honestly, initial outreach by the Police Department to the public in the local area was fast, repeated, and by a variety of communication channels. If anybody had any knowledge about Susan's disappearance, they probably have already shared the information with the authorities (or they don't plan to).

If Susan is wandering around in Roseville, there are a very large number who have seen her picture.
Thanks for sharing your local perspective Wildcat. Sometimes the old fashion way of communicating in a community still works. It's called word of mouth.

Not everyone uses Facebook or other forms of social media. In fact those types of media can be used to attack family members more than help find the victim. MOO.

Thanks for sharing your local perspective Wildcat. Sometimes the old fashion way of communicating in a community still works. It's called word of mouth.

Not everyone uses Facebook or other forms of social media. In fact those types of media can be used to attack family members more than help find the victim. MOO.

On the facebook page for Susan, I have not read any attacking statements towards the family. IMOO.

It is interesting to note that if the information is correct that Susan is a graphic designer, that she was uncomfortable using a computer and technology.
With computers being around for Years now, I would think she would have had to know more about computers just for the sake of being a graphic designer, whether having your own website, or working with someone, no matter what type of graphic design she chose, as there are many ways to express graphic design. In the age of technology,it seems odd that she didn't know more about technology. That would definitely benefit her graphic design career.
I understand she is "more or less" retired as Kjac22 once posted, but computers have been around a long time not for her to enhance her career, and I am not even talking about a graphic web designer, I am talking about a portfolio on line of the work she has accomplished.
IMOO.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Arts-and-Design/Graphic-designers.htm#tab-2

"Graphic designers also need to keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive."

Really, really excellent point.

Thinking about my own famil, my Mom's retired but super active on the Internet, and she's a few years older than Susan. It seems hard to believe that Susan wouldn't be a computer/web user as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member