Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO...

that fact that LE reported that Susan's husband has not been ruled out as a person of interest indicates to me that they would like some more questions answered and/or more information provided...

All...JMO

Is there a link to a report where le names susan's husband a person of interest in her disappearance?

A few random wandering thoughts and I'm still trying to find articles to support them... so please treat as rumor at best for now. I'll keep looking for links.

- I could swear I read that the main pic on her missing photo was from a surveillance camera somewhere (not necessarily from the day she disappeared). I can't believe I can't find this again. The background doesn't look to me like a place a typical surveillance camera would be, so I've even confused myself at this point.

- I really don't think she's that reclusive, even though I did believe it before. Looking back at articles, particularly early ones, has been enlightening.

- Nevada... I bet she liked it there. It's a much slower pace. I remember going there on a trip and having a guy say "welcome to America!" when we told him we were from Cali.

- Sun City I think Susan and her husband have been there just under 2 years? This is another link I need to find again.

Off to search for links.

Is there a link to a report where le names susan's husband a person of interest in her disappearance?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...or-information-about-missing-roseville-woman/

"What is significant in this case is the fact no one has been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearing, including",( her husband .) They mention him by name in the article, but I chose to write her husband
because of Privacy with Websleuths. You can go to the link and read the rest of the article.

IMOO.

I say quickly because the person who edited the photo was probably in a rush when they did it about 4 am the day after she disappeared. There is a small gray line visible on the larger version of the photo which could indicate they were in a rush when they resized the image (or were using limited function image editing software or did it on a small screen).

The angle and pose are typical of being on the floor with a pet or child. However, a child would typically be held closer. But maybe more of a give away is the apparent dog's ear above Susan's right arm and below the baseboard. Maybe I should modify my opinion say a medium to large size dog.

Actually, probably an iPhone 5 shooting at f/2.4 with an ISO setting of 200 (determined the same way as the time and date of editing).

In my opinion, the face to the dog is small and freckled/speckled white and brown, which looks like a dapple dachshund to me, especially with the one dangling rounded ear.
There is another photo of Susan with a dog with a dangling rounded ear, not a dachshund (profile of dog), but in this photo of Susan in the missing person's photo, it looks like a dapple dachshund to me, just my opinion.

To determine what phone/camera and time was used on that photo do you have a specific computer application that determines the specs on that photo?
IMOO.

Please refer to Treelights post below..(actually above from where this will be located)

LE has not named anyone a Person of Interest... But has said no one, including the husband, has been ruled out...

HTH...:seeya:

In my opinion, the face to the dog is small and freckled/speckled white and brown, which looks like a dapple dachshund to me, especially with the one dangling rounded ear.
There is another photo of Susan with a dog with a dangling rounded ear, not a dachshund (profile of dog), but in this photo of Susan in the missing person's photo, it looks like a dapple dachshund to me, just my opinion.

To determine what phone/camera and time was used on that photo do you have a specific computer application that determines the specs on that photo?
IMOO.

In the "missing poster" photo (with the white hoodie) - if the portion of the dog's ear is a Dachshund it is a VERY tall one and has funny ears. But I am not really a dog person and don't want speculate about breeds.

No special software, just standard operating stuff on Windows. But there are various versions of some of the photos on the web, and depending how a photo is copied or changed the data may not be there (and you can't rely 100% on it being reliable).

Please refer to Treelights post below..(actually above from where this will be located)

LE has not named anyone a Person of Interest... But has said no one, including the husband, has been ruled out...

HTH...:seeya:

Thanks. I was pretty sure Susan's husband was not a suspect or named person of interest but I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed any shocking info.

In the "missing poster" photo (with the white hoodie) - if the portion of the dog's ear is a Dachshund it is a VERY tall one and has funny ears. But I am not really a dog person and don't want speculate about breeds.

No special software, just standard operating stuff on Windows. But there are various versions of some of the photos on the web, and depending how a photo is copied or changed the data may not be there (and you can't rely 100% on it being reliable).

This dog isn't tall at all! Look at the baseboard in this photo....this photo shows a face of a small dog and Exactly what a dachshund's ear would look like.
The dog doesn't even reach the top of the baseboard in the photo in the top left near Susan's outstretched arm. She is wearing a white hoodie. It's like the dog is in a hallway and Susan is in a room next to the hallway. Are we looking at the same photo?
This is Susan's photo: And in the photo is what looks to me like one eye of the dog
and a nose and an ear. It is my perception. The dog might not be a dachshund,
but in my mind's eye, that is what I see.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/37521

This is a website of dapple dachshunds. This is just what I see. My Opinion Only.

http://dappledachshundpr.weebly.com/galeria.html

IMOO.

Wildcat, since you live in Roseville, do you know when the vigil will be for Susan?
Do you know what plans are in the works, because Kjac mentioned on facebook about having a vigil or something similar back in the first week of July?

Wildcat, since you live in Roseville, do you know when the vigil will be for Susan?
Do you know what plans are in the works, because Kjac mentioned on facebook about having a vigil or something similar back in the first week of July?

Why would Wildcat have information about a vigil? Maybe there was a vigil that was private that we don't know about. MOO.

Why would Wildcat have information about a vigil? Maybe there was a vigil that was private that we don't know about. MOO.

From this post that Wildcat posted about Neighborhood watch meetings and neighborhood association meetings and the fact that he said that awareness of Susan's case seems higher than 85 percent, so with people talking about Susan in Susan's neighborhood why would you think he wouldn't have information about the vigil?
If it was a private vigil then why did Kjac22 post it on facebook for everyone to read. People are interested in a vigil. If it was going to be private I would think he would have told the people that were asking about it on facebook that it would be private, but he didn't.
So, with Wildcat obviously being very well aware of his own neighborhood and surroundings and is interested in her case, it stands to reason he might know about a vigil.
Wildcat sure knew about Susan's posters in certain places and that she is being talked about,
which I had no idea, as I don't live in Roseville.

IMOO.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

From this post that Wildcat posted about Neighborhood watch meetings and neighborhood association meetings and the fact that he said that awareness of Susan's case seems higher than 85 percent, so with people talking about Susan in Susan's neighborhood why would you think he wouldn't have information about the vigil?
If it was a private vigil then why did Kjac22 post it on facebook for everyone to read. People are interested in a vigil. If it was going to be private I would think he would have told the people that were asking about it on facebook that it would be private, but he didn't.
So, with Wildcat obviously being very well aware of his own neighborhood and surroundings and is interested in her case, it stands to reason he might know about a vigil.
Wildcat sure knew about Susan's posters in certain places and that she is being talked about,
which I had no idea, as I don't live in Roseville.

IMOO.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2
If Susan's family decided to have a private vigil with family and friends then Wildcat and anyone on Facebook wouldn't know anything about it. MOO.

If Susan's family decided to have a private vigil with family and friends then Wildcat and anyone on Facebook wouldn't know anything about it. MOO.

And that is why I asked if Wildcat knew about a vigil, and to me that means a Public vigil as he lives in Roseville.
I never brought up a private vigil.........
IMOO.

This dog isn't tall at all! Look at the baseboard in this photo....this photo shows a face of a small dog and Exactly what a dachshund's ear would look like.
The dog doesn't even reach the top of the baseboard in the photo in the top left near Susan's outstretched arm. She is wearing a white hoodie. It's like the dog is in a hallway and Susan is in a room next to the hallway. Are we looking at the same photo?
This is Susan's photo: And in the photo is what looks to me like one eye of the dog
and a nose and an ear. It is my perception. The dog might not be a dachshund,
but in my mind's eye, that is what I see.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/37521

This is a website of dapple dachshunds. This is just what I see. My Opinion Only.

http://dappledachshundpr.weebly.com/galeria.html

IMOO.

We are looking at (different versions of) the same photo and seeing completely different things.

I don't think the dog is in the other room. Susan is sitting on the floor and reaching approximately straight across (meaning the dogs ear is approximately 2 feet of the floor) , and the ear does not look anything like those in dappledachshundpr to me. However, we all view the world from different perspectives (and honestly the breed of the dog does not particularly interest me).

We are looking at (different versions of) the same photo and seeing completely different things.

I don't think the dog is in the other room. Susan is sitting on the floor and reaching approximately straight across (meaning the dogs ear is approximately 2 feet of the floor) , and the ear does not look anything like those in dappledachshundpr to me. However, we all view the world from different perspectives (and honestly the breed of the dog does not particularly interest me).

What I am seeing is a dog in the hallway and I see the white door jam behind Susan to the left, with a colored wall(yellow/tan) to the right of the jam, and also same colored wall in the hallway, with a white baseboard, which is on the left.
It's here nor there.....
Perception is reality.
IMOO.

I have not heard or seen anything recently about a vigil. If it is public, I am sure I will become aware of it be via Patch, other local media, or Facebook (if it is visible without logging in - I prefer not to use a Facebook account). Honestly, if it is posted in Facebook I will probably learn about it in Websleuths.

What would be the point of a private vigil? I mean, a family could have one of those every night, lighting candles, etc.

A vigil is generally held to remind the community that a member is missing, IMO.

What would be the point of a private vigil? I mean, a family could have one of those every night, lighting candles, etc.

A vigil is generally held to remind the community that a member is missing, IMO.

Religious beliefs? Maybe the family is doing some kind of vigil often and that's their business. I'm not going to criticize Susan's family for not having a public vigil. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member