Found Deceased CA - Teresa 'Terry' Blake, 58, Graeagle, 4 June 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a question for those of you that have followed this case more closely.
Why did she have a car if her fishing spot was only about 3/4 of a mile from the resort or closer depending on cabin location?
Maybe she didn't want to have to carry all her gear for the walk. I still wonder where all her fishing gear is. Did she take her tackle box and walk up the river edge to fish, or was her gear in the car? I hope they also searched the area she was SUPPOSED to be fishing at, as her gear could be abandoned there or there could be evidence of ground disurbance showing she was there. Who knows what kinds of ne'er-do-wellers might be out walking around up there, living in those campsites. Did all the campers get interviewed? Did any campers leave the area suddenly?

In this article, her husband says that she was ecstatic due to both of her adult children coming home for a visit. One she had not seen in a long time. So, with this in mind, why would she go fishing alone? Why not either the kids come along or do an activity that they would also enjoy? I'm just trying to figure this out.

Husband also says that she's not very knowledgeable about fishing or on survivalist skills.

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20170609/NEWS/170609888

RSBBM, This link says she WAS "an Avid Angler" and this area was one of her favorite spots: http://fox40.com/2017/06/06/family-...d-missing-woodland-woman-along-feather-river/

Her husband did say she does NOT have survival skills, however. An exact quote from husband was:

"She’s used to hiking, she’s used fishing, she’s used to being outdoors, but she doesn’t have a lot of survival skills," her husband said.

18835989_10155323499524330_3081366190881913399_n-300x400_zpswjgxtoho.jpg

http://www.plumasnews.com/woman-missing-near-graeagle/

From the Find Terry Blake FB Page:

18882250_10155323402359330_8524932366451008268_n.jpg
In the top photo she is wearing a Fitbit on her left wrist. We cannot see her left arm in the lower image. I wonder if she was wearing it and if they could use technology to track it somehow. Doesn't the fitbit store information in iCloud?

That is a good question. You'd think a mom would want to spend every second with her kids since she might not see them again for awhile. Where was Dad, the son and the daughter during the time TB was gone fishing?

People can be funny. Have you ever been really excited for something for a long time and then once you have it you return to life as normal pretty quickly?

This was a favorite vacation spot for their family. She may have indeed been excited to be with her whole family and also excited to have a little alone time doing something she enjoys doing. Her husband said she didn't know a ton about fishing but still enjoyed it. (I'd say that sounds like most fisher-people!)

Yeah, this is what I was referring to.
Randy said fishing marked one of the highlights of the Graeagle trips, and while Terry had no real proficiency or knowledgeability on the sport, she avidly enjoyed it
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20170609/NEWS/170609888

I get how you really enjoy fishing, hiking, hunting, etc., but, as soon as your kids arrive, who you haven't seen in a long time, you take off by yourself......I suppose other families operate very differently from mine, but, if my mom took off in another room, under such circumstances, I'd wonder what was wrong. When I used to come home from college for holidays, my mom didn't leave the house without me. We had so much to catch up on. I suppose LE has checked it out.

Also, on the PrimeTime Justice show, they said that LE reported that they found all the things that you would expect to see inside her vehicle. They didn't say anything in detail. Since I would expect to find fishing equipment, water, food, bait, etc. That's how I interpreted it.

I have a question for those of you that have followed this case more closely.
Why did she have a car if her fishing spot was only about 3/4 of a mile from the resort or closer depending on cabin location?
EXCELLENT QUESTION!! And, if she went fishing "several hours by herself".....why would she leave her family all alone and without a vehicle? Did the family take 2 cars on vacation? Did she go up first with the children and then husband come up later? If she was planning to be fishing for several hours....did she pack a small ice chest and snacks....ie if the ice chest is gone, or some of the food missing/half-eaten?? (That would certainly help with the timeline...resort areas will often accommodate guests with "prepared lunches for outings.")
If she didn't take a lunch (snacks), then it doesn't seem as if she was planning to be gone "for hours."
Were the keys in the vehicle? What "radio station" was last left on? CD left in player? (Somehow, I feel this is important to know.) It was an expensive SUV, did it have "on star" tracking or GPS system. Where is her purse? Sunscreen, sunglasses, lip balm, insect repellant.... all things an avid female angler would pack. IS THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER MISSING FROM HER CAR?
Mods: Are we allowed to mention professions of spouses???
Ugh, I have so many questions... and from the neighbors appears to be an active and caring community participant. ie "Would she easily engage in conversation with a stranger she met?" How far off the beaten path would she usually venture to fish? If she tripped, injured her leg....she would have a very difficult time getting back to the road.

To me, 3/4 of a mile or even 1/4 of mile would be too far to walk for fishing when you likely are carrying fishing gear, water, food, chair, ice chest (to keep fish cool). But, it was my understanding that her vehicle was not parked at the location she intended to fish. So, I wonder why she parked it there or if someone else abducted her, why they would move her car there.

To me, 3/4 of a mile or even 1/4 of mile would be too far to walk for fishing when you likely are carrying fishing gear, water, food, chair, ice chest (to keep fish cool). But, it was my understanding that her vehicle was not parked at the location she intended to fish. So, I wonder why she parked it there or if someone else abducted her, why they would move her car there.

I agree. Even without fishing equipment, I wouldn't want to walk 3/4 mile if a car is sitting right there. 3/4 mile is a long way!

Due to the lack of information provided I still can't tell if this is a case of someone getting lost/falling in the water or an abduction.

Due to the lack of information provided I still can't tell if this is a case of someone getting lost/falling in the water or an abduction.
So with you on that Kooshball, great name btw. Three things...Why are we just getting coverage on this story?
Why did she leave her cell phone at home? Why did the reporter (20 secs to 58 secs) on the
video say, "He is a divorce attorney" and she is a volunteer for Meals on Wheels. (Is someone implying his profession...angry client etc. could have something to do with this?)
I had asked earlier if we were allowed to mention spouse's profession, but what the heck....it is on this video anyway. Something about this is beginning to sound "off." Annual family vacation....and yet matriarch of family takes off with the car for hours, with no cell phone....and as husband stated "not very good survival skills."
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/06/07/missing-woodland-woman-plumas-county/
Odd...He has a career...she is a volunteer. I guess I have always heard the term "homemaker" or "stay at home Mom" used more commonly by reporters.

Some people can go fishing without necessarily bringing along a tackle box, especially if intending it to be just for a short session. You could take your fishing rod ready, rigged up with an artificial lure. If you practice catch and release, that minimizes equipment needed, too.

I read the transcript of that Primetime Justice show linked here earlier and have a question. It said, "Terry Blake, a mom who went fishing in the river and never returned." It struck me that they wrote that she went fishing IN the river. I think I say "at" the river, or maybe "by" the river, if fishing along the river's edge. Is that striking to anyone else, or am I the only one? (Wouldn't be surprising, if it's just me, LOL) Anyway, to the way I interpret fishing "IN the river", it made me think of anglers who wear waders and do go IN the water, and so my mind started to make me wonder if that's the kind she did. Hmm..

I read the transcript of that Primetime Justice show linked here earlier and have a question. It said, "Terry Blake, a mom who went fishing in the river and never returned." It struck me that they wrote that she went fishing IN the river. I think I say "at" the river, or maybe "by" the river, if fishing along the river's edge. Is that striking to anyone else, or am I the only one? (Wouldn't be surprising, if it's just me, LOL) Anyway, to the way I interpret fishing "IN the river", it made me think of anglers who wear waders and do go IN the water, and so my mind started to make me wonder if that's the kind she did. Hmm..

Good question, but I personally would say "in the river" even if it was just "by" the river. I would, however, say "at the lake" instead of "in the lake." So who knows...:waitasec:

I would say "at" for the lake and the river. The article below from yesterday says she is still missing. It's hard to not think someone she knows did something to her out there.

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/mot...e-out-fishing-at-feather-river-park/446212825
...the 58-year-old's car was found about a mile away from where she originally said she was fishing.

Plumas County Sheriff said they have not ruled anything out in the case.

Officials have expanded their geographical search and investigation.

The body of Teresa “Terry” Marie Blake, the Woodland woman who went missing June 4 in Graeagle, has been found. According to Plumas County Sheriff Greg Hagwood, her body was discovered in vegetation at the edge of the river late in the afternoon of June 13, approximately three-quarters of a mile from where her car had been located last week.

http://www.plumasnews.com/body-missing-woman-found/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back