CA CA - Van Nuys, WhtFem UP4117, 24-33, @ Sepulveda Flood Basin, Jul'87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jane Doe looks like Patricia Van-Buskirk to me, but the eye color is getting me. How were they able to tell with "Partial remains with soft tissues?" Maybe the facial expression is skewing my opinion?
452UFCA.jpg
patricia_van_buskirk_1.jpg

Van Nuys Jane DoePatricia Van Buskirk
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age24 - 3331
DLC/DODJune 21 - 28, 1987April 27, 1987
Height5'85'7
Weight110 - 120 pounds128 - 160 pounds
Hair ColorBrownBlonde/Strawberry
Eye ColorBrownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, wore contact lenses, had a child, had cocaine in her system.Had a child.
CircumstancesFound wrapped in blankets and tarp. Hands were cut off.Believed to have left her family in the middle of the night.
DistanceOxnard - Van Nuys50 miles
There's really only three things I can't get by with this match. The eye color, contact lenses, and appendectomy scar are things you can't really mistake. I still can't help but see a resemblance between both women though.
Jane Doe's remains were Unrecognizable so there is some possibility that they got the color of her eyes wrong. In many cases when a person dies their eyes can change their color tone.

Jane Doe looks like Patricia Van-Buskirk to me, but the eye color is getting me. How were they able to tell with "Partial remains with soft tissues?" Maybe the facial expression is skewing my opinion?
452UFCA.jpg
patricia_van_buskirk_1.jpg

Van Nuys Jane DoePatricia Van Buskirk
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age24 - 3331
DLC/DODJune 21 - 28, 1987April 27, 1987
Height5'85'7
Weight110 - 120 pounds128 - 160 pounds
Hair ColorBrownBlonde/Strawberry
Eye ColorBrownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, wore contact lenses, had a child, had cocaine in her system.Had a child.
CircumstancesFound wrapped in blankets and tarp. Hands were cut off.Believed to have left her family in the middle of the night.
DistanceOxnard - Van Nuys50 miles
There's really only three things I can't get by with this match. The eye color, contact lenses, and appendectomy scar are things you can't really mistake. I still can't help but see a resemblance between both women though.
I'm not sure how much you can trust the recon if she was in (uncertain state of) decomposition already. Sadly enough, we won't get a new one since her skull was cremated along with her body (only femur was saved). Iirc, VNJD53 was speculated been kept in a freezer or something before being dumped along the Burbank Boulevard, but I'm unable to find the source of this claim right now, so take it by a few grains of salt, please. She's also said to have had brown eyes, but could they actually have been hazel?

I've said it before, the information in this case is often contradictory and make little sense, and the case is handled weirdly by LE. Just look how her NamUs page is written, with the number 0 (zero) used instead of the letter O, so probably Jane Doe and her "BLK HEEL 0PEN T0E SH0ES" won't turn up as result when using the NamUs search engine for missing persons wearing black heel shoes with open toes.

But now I'm just rambling on and on. Did you submit Buskirk, SimsGuy? They do resemble! The time line works, too.

I'm not sure how much you can trust the recon if she was in (uncertain state of) decomposition already. Sadly enough, we won't get a new one since her skull was cremated along with her body (only femur was saved). Iirc, VNJD53 was speculated been kept in a freezer or something before being dumped along the Burbank Boulevard, but I'm unable to find the source of this claim right now, so take it by a few grains of salt, please. She's also said to have had brown eyes, but could they actually have been hazel?

I've said it before, the information in this case is often contradictory and make little sense, and the case is handled weirdly by LE. Just look how her NamUs page is written, with the number 0 (zero) used instead of the letter O, so probably Jane Doe and her "BLK HEEL 0PEN T0E SH0ES" won't turn up as result when using the NamUs search engine for missing persons wearing black heel shoes with open toes.

But now I'm just rambling on and on. Did you submit Buskirk, SimsGuy? They do resemble! The time line works, too.
I have thought about Patricia having hazel eyes mistaken for green and Jane Doe having hazel eyes mistaken for brown.

I have not submitted for one reason. I doubt anyone would take it seriously given the eye color, contact lenses, and scar not being listed on Patricia's page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back