CA CA - WhtMale, 15-17, Grn Jkt w/Red Lining, Halberts Liquor/Alhambra Tee, Santa Fe Springs, Apr'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4282
ME/C Case Number 83-4561

Male, White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Range: 15-17 Years
Estimated Age Group: Adolescent

Date Found: April 9, 1983
Location Found: Santa Fe Springs, California
Estimated Year of Death: 1982-1983

Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Estimated

Clothing
GRN JKT W-RED LINING, BR0 0R GRY PNTS, BR0 TSHRT W-HALBERTS C0RNER LIQU0R, ALHAMBRA, FR0NT AND TRUCK L0G0 BACK

Footwear
BR0 W0RK B00TS

Jewelry
MILITARY WEB BELT,

Location Found Map
Street Address 8741 Pioneer Blvd. Santa Fe Springs, California
CountyLos Angeles County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of Recovery On 4/9/1983 The decedent was discovered behind some bushes in a vacant lot.

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Unidentified Person Case

This is so terribly sad. It is shocking to see the “new threads” list filling up daily with new cases let alone the cold cases like this one. Wasn’t someone missing a child in April 1983? Heart wrenching.

2433UMCA_LARGE.jpg

The Doe Network: 2433UMCA
  • Clothing: Green cotton jacket with red lining, dirty gray cotton work pants (30-inch waist), brown Hi-Cru by Steadman T-shirt with "Halbert's Corner Liquor, Alhambra, Calif." on the front and a truck logo on the back (size 38-40), a tan military web belt with a brass buckle, and brown leather high-tip work boots with crepe soles. The investigation revealed that the jacket and pants were from a local uniform rental company.

• Jewelry: Unknown

• Additional Personal Items: A nose inhaler and a hair brush.

This is so sad. Is anyone able to tell me if there have been (or point me in the direction of) any rule outs in this? In searching, I came across Michael Ray Askren The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
His age and approximate height fit, plus Rosemead is just a stones throw from Alhambra which is referenced on the shirt. Any thoughts?

There are no rule outs listed for this UID on his Namus page.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Michael Ray Askren has a substantial number of rule outs on his page, so someone out there was looking for him. I don't know if they ever compared him to this UID but the stats do line up pretty well.

1716932624635.jpeg1716932635529.jpeg1716932642762.jpeg1716932648117.jpeg
Date of Discovery: April 9, 1983
Location of Discovery: Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 1-12 months prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 14-17 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6" to 5'10"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium to slight build.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Chart Available. No x-rays. No restorations; teeth 16, 32 unerupted.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Green cotton jacket with red lining, dirty gray cotton work pants (30-inch waist), brown Hi-Cru by Steadman T-shirt with "Halbert's Corner Liquor, Alhambra, Calif." on the front and a truck logo on the back (size 38-40), a tan military web belt with a brass buckle and brown leather high-tip work boots with crepe soles. The investigation revealed that the jacket and pants were from a local uniform rental company.
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: A nose inhaler and a hair brush.

Circumstances of Discovery​

The decedent's skeletal remains were located at 8741 Pioneer Blvd. behind some bushes in a vacant lot along the northbound lanes of the 605 freeway in Santa Fe Springs.

Personally, I think this could be a Randy Kraft victim (possibly Teen Trucker?) The shirt is really distinctive and obscure and I'm surprised this UID never got a facial reconstruction cause I honestly feel someone in Alhambra may have recognized him.

I'm curious about the nose inhaler... Was it OTC or prescription? Purely speculative (of course!), and I understand it's a long shot being that so many years have passed since the date of discovery, but if prescribed, perhaps this could be a clue towards identity. Is anyone out there looking for someone who was prescribed a nasal inhaler?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back