Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it would have to be an area rug that LE removed, otherwise DB and JI must be very sloppy people if so many other items, blankets, clothing, etc. were lying around on the floor. :( JMO

I need to go back and re-listen, I was so irritated I had to give myself a timeout. But basically she is saying that because they didn't rip the carpet out or take a sample of it there was no hit correct? That's the deductive reasoning she is following?
Not that she watched video of it and didn't see the dog alert, or that she read the log and it says nothing about an alert?

...in that video. Her speech is halting and unsure; her demeanor is stilted and distant. She is not at all convincing.

She needs some coaching if she is ever going to appear before a jury.

There was a comforter and a "cars" themed blanket taken.

I believe and its JMHO that one of those items (if not both) was what the FBI dog hit on. They happened to be laying on the floor.

CS is spinning because the "carpet" wasn't cut to "preserve the evidence" - NOPE! LE took the evidence and that included what the dog hit on.

A blanket or comforter makes a lot of sense. Lisa did not die in THAT EXACT spot and was then left there to be wrapped and carried out - she had to have been moved at least once. BUT, if Lisa died on a blanket - well then, one could have carried her in that blanket and only the blanket came into contact with her. Make sense?

JMHO

I guess it's possible that DB was so drunk and stupid she might actually have left the blanket on her bedroom floor that she put her dead baby on. If that is the case she was definitely telling the truth when she said she was drunk, either that or she is just plain dumb and stupid. Hard to believe it but more bizarre things have certainly happened. JMO

BBM
(respectfully snipped) A cadaver dog can actually detect human remains through concrete, buried underground, or at the bottom of a body of water, using its extremely well-honed noses to search for faint traces of the chemicals emitted by the human body during decomposition."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cadaver-dog.htm

Have they checked under the bedroom floor in the area where the dog hit? I'm thinking of a crawl space, basement ceiling, pipe or duct.

Bringing this over here, cuz I think it applies here too...

This is really quite simple, these lawyers NEED to contaminate the jury pool and cause doubt. They NEED people to believe that if that baby is dead it did NOT happen in that house, and certainly that there is no evidence of it happening in the parents bedroom. This is the only thing that will keep their stranger abduction theory alive.

I am going to put faith into what I believe. I believe that LE working this case knows what they are doing. That the FBI who are working this know what they are doing and are not going to make any rookie mistakes on this case that could cost them a verdict. I am going to believe that they have what they need or are well on their way but have no need to tell us or anyone else right now.

Maybe I'm wrong and they have completely hosed this case up and made massive mistakes and another one is going to walk away free and clear, but I don't think so. Time will tell.
Could you please just post this in each and every thread, as they all seem to go back to the "hit" by the dog. :innocent:

Maybe it's just me, but I have always thought the wording on the SW could mean anywhere, on anything, and LE/FBI did this intentionally. :waitasec:

I personally think it was the blanket with the cars pattern that might have been on the floor....

Have they checked under the bedroom floor in the area where the dog hit? I'm thinking of a crawl space, basement ceiling, pipe or duct.

Well, they had that xray machine out, so I would assume. But, who knows?

I don't want to get into a big discussion about the "cars" theme blanket but I'm curious about it. My babies are now men and I'm so out of the loop with what's in these days with little ones and thankfully, I have twin niece and nephew who try to keep me in the loop....anyhow.....to make a long story short, the twins are celebrating a bday this Saturday and my brother told me to buy "car" theme gifts for my nephew so was wondering is "car" mostly for boys or is it for both? Would a baby girl have a "car" blanket?

If your theory is Lisa died in on this blanket, who's blanket was it and where was it? If the cadaver dog hit in the master bedroom floor, why was there a blanket there? Did one of the boys bring it with him when he went to sleep with mom? If that's the case, how did Lisa get on it?

BBM: This topic interests me alot. I think that cars blanket belongs to the son who climbed in to bed with mom....

This is about all I can say .. don't want a TO

I'm curious as to why the bedroom is being described as moms and not moms and dads. Is it simply because mom is the better suspect so the room is being called her room? Or did dad actually sleep somewhere else?

I think it's also important to note the wording in the affidavit of:
"each search has recovered evidence to further progress the investigation"
and
"the items and evidence recovered as of this date supports the need"

This says to me that they had much much more than just the dog hits to go on. I think the defense is trying very hard to stir it all up with the dogs so they can sweep everything else quietly under the rug....

link to affidavit
http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf
page 5 bottom

I'm curious as to why the bedroom is being described as moms and not moms and dads. Is it simply because mom is the better suspect so the room is being called her room? Or did dad actually sleep somewhere else?

I might just be because Deborah was the one at home when Lisa apparently went missing.

The comments about fear of being arrested were a full week prior to the dog "alert".. It's been reported numerous different times and dates.. But originally had long since been stated way prior to the dogs alerting..

Hi SO.:seeya:

People who are guilty are generally afraid of being arrested.

I might just be because Deborah was the one at home when Lisa apparently went missing.

That's what I think too. It's likely the room the couple slept in together but the mom was in bed that night and dad was a werk. Which I know you know carole. Sorry Im tired and rambling. :)

imo

I don't want to get into a big discussion about the "cars" theme blanket but I'm curious about it. My babies are now men and I'm so out of the loop with what's in these days with little ones and thankfully, I have twin niece and nephew who try to keep me in the loop....anyhow.....to make a long story short, the twins are celebrating a bday this Saturday and my brother told me to buy "car" theme gifts for my nephew so was wondering is "car" mostly for boys or is it for both? Would a baby girl have a "car" blanket?

If your theory is Lisa died in on this blanket, who's blanket was it and where was it? If the cadaver dog hit in the master bedroom floor, why was there a blanket there? Did one of the boys bring it with him when he went to sleep with mom? If that's the case, how did Lisa get on it?

I would guess this was big brother's blanket BUT, Lisa may like it because it's big brother's. KWIM? I don't think it was necessarily purchased just for Lisa because from all appearances they are really doing up the "girl" aspect for little Lisa (lots of ruffles, pink, etc). That doesn't mean that Lisa doesn't play or like her brother's things though. MOO

IME some things, like blankets, become communal property- especially once outgrown. They get a new comforter, and the old one is cast into the closet of blankets past where anyone can use them.

My kids share all sorts of things like blankets. Other than the main quilt on their bed, they are all used at random. I would find it more odd if they bought her all new blankets and there wasn't any overlap. Personally.

Editted because I can't think straight and seriously need to go to bed.

I know this is back a couple pages, but I thought I'd just weigh in on it real quick. I have three boys who are five, four, and two months, and one girl, a two year old, at home. My son has officially laid claim to my daughters big pink and white blanket, he likes it better than most of his own. My daughter has laid claim to her brother's Transformer comforter...really, as long as everyone has a sheet and a blanket when they go to bed, I'm happy.

Also when my daughter was still in a crib or playpen, the boys loved to throw their blankets into her playpen with her, so there is a lot of blanket switching going on. They did this even when they were really little, because if there was a bright color on one of the boys blankets that caught their little sisters attention, they would give it to her, and then take her blanket for themselves.

Typically, Cars stuff is boy themed, but I also know that kids trade, and if Lisa's brothers are anything like my boys, she pretty much could have had any blanket in the house by the time she actually went to bed.

I read yesterday where the home was 63 years old, so I have a few questions.. does anyone know?
1. How long does "cadaver" smell stay in fabric such as carpet, or blankets? Even after washing? (in the case of the blanket)
2. Do they own this home or rent it?

Could it be possible that an elderly couple lived in this house previosly, and someone died in that room of natural causes, and the dogs hit on that smell?Or that the blaket was bought second hand where an infant died of something, SIDS, or the like?
I also read where cadaver dogs will hit on dead things from a body, such as hair with the root atached, and toe nails... is that true?

Is there really a reason to be concerned with the cadaver dogs "hitting" on something??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE