Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments about fear of being arrested were a full week prior to the dog "alert".. It's been reported numerous different times and dates.. But originally had long since been stated way prior to the dogs alerting..

BBM....Sounds like a guilty conscious to me. Why else would the mother of a missing baby make a statement like that? :waitasec:

I read yesterday where the home was 63 years old, so I have a few questions.. does anyone know?
1. How long does "cadaver" smell stay in fabric such as carpet, or blankets? Even after washing? (in the case of the blanket)
2. Do they own this home or rent it?

Could it be possible that an elderly couple lived in this house previosly, and someone died in that room of natural causes, and the dogs hit on that smell?Or that the blaket was bought second hand where an infant died of something, SIDS, or the like?
I also read where cadaver dogs will hit on dead things from a body, such as hair with the root atached, and toe nails... is that true?

Is there really a reason to be concerned with the cadaver dogs "hitting" on something??

I think that smell stays for a very long time, but is also probably dependent on how long the body was there. If it was actually the carpet or the floor that the dog hit on, I think they would have to rule out a previous death in that room. However, if it was a blanket, maybe not.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out if a previous owner had died there. It's unlikely that some other houseguest would keel over in the master bedroom but you never know!

I would love to be able to explore this. My grandfather died in his garage in 1989. His body was in there for about 4 hours. I'm curious as to if a cadaver dog would hit there... but I'm thinking the current home owner might have a problem with me showing up with one!

I think that smell stays for a very long time, but is also probably dependent on how long the body was there. If it was actually the carpet or the floor that the dog hit on, I think they would have to rule out a previous death in that room. However, if it was a blanket, maybe not.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out if a previous owner had died there. It's unlikely that some other houseguest would keel over in the master bedroom but you never know!

I would love to be able to explore this. My grandfather died in his garage in 1989. His body was in there for about 4 hours. I'm curious as to if a cadaver dog would hit there... but I'm thinking the current home owner might have a problem with me showing up with one!

Oh, come on! What homeowner would deny such a request? It's in the name of science, afterall! :crazy:

A couple of things about this blanket: :cow:

Do we really think that on the night in question that the Mom was carefully sorting out which baby blanket went with which kid? I don't think so.

Also, having had two boys and one girl child, I know that kids get attached to all sorts of things and it's completely irrelevant what they look like to us. My daughter, who is old enough to be a lawyer herself (almost) played with little cars, both before and after having brothers, and they all liked anything with wheels on it.

My youngest son carried around a series of raggedy blankets that seemed to be crucial to his existence until the time he started kindergarten. They were pastel colored - you couldn't tell his gender by looking at them (and they were washed so many times, they lost their color completely).

Just saying - we can't jump to conclusions because there were cars on the blanket.

Oh, come on! What homeowner would deny such a request? It's in the name of science, afterall! :crazy:

I wonder how LE gets test cases, as it were...I wonder if like leaving your organs behind, you can offer to allow trained dogs to "practice" in your home, if you happen to die there...just wondering.:waitasec:

I wonder how LE gets test cases, as it were...I wonder if like leaving your organs behind, you can offer to allow trained dogs to "practice" in your home, if you happen to die there...just wondering.:waitasec:

That made me laugh. And I apologize if it wasn't meant to be funny. :innocent:

I personally think it was the blanket with the cars pattern that might have been on the floor....
Me too. While I don't believe LE would outright lie on a SW, I do believe they'd obfuscate. Maybe that's what happened here; they were deliberately vague. Only putting the minimum required to get the judge to sign off on it.

If that's what happened here, it was a smart move.

IMO

In the name of self-defense and being prepared. If anyone in his neighborhood disappears he wants to be able to explain that cadaver dog hit in the garage as old, and what better way is there than to test before anyone disappears?

copied from Jersey/MW thread...sorry :(

"The affidavit also revealed that "On October 17, 2011, an FBI cadaver dog was brought into the residence upon consent of (Jeremy) Irwin and Bradley. The cadaver dog indicated a positive 'hit' for the scent of a deceased human in an area of the floor of Bradley's bedroom near the bed." "

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29552254/de...#ixzz1cZfQuggO

The 'hit' was one of the reasons they obtained the search warrant for the 19th. I have not seen it reported that there was a second hit or miss on that date during the 17 hour search. The original 'hit' was during a search that was authorized by the family. IF something had happened to BL in that home, would they really have agreed to the cadaver dog search without being forced to?

I know that there is a lot of discussion in the 'Jersey' thread about this, and since I don't want to get on the bad side of nursebeeme I am posting my thoughts here! :)

The cadaver dog hit was the thing that caused me to fall off the fence. However, while it is, IMO, one piece of hard evidence, it is not the whole story. With all the recent revelations about Jersey and his movements on the day in question, I am now back to "I have no idea what happened."

The cadaver dog hit nearly broke my heart, but there has to be more hard evidence than that (and I don't include rumors & speculation about a conspiracy to frame Jersey) for me to definitely say I am convinced of who is responsible for whatever happened to Lisa, poor darling baby girl.

copied from Jersey/MW thread...sorry :(

"The affidavit also revealed that "On October 17, 2011, an FBI cadaver dog was brought into the residence upon consent of (Jeremy) Irwin and Bradley. The cadaver dog indicated a positive 'hit' for the scent of a deceased human in an area of the floor of Bradley's bedroom near the bed." "

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29552254/de...#ixzz1cZfQuggO

The 'hit' was one of the reasons they obtained the search warrant for the 19th. I have not seen it reported that there was a second hit or miss on that date during the 17 hour search. The original 'hit' was during a search that was authorized by the family. IF something had happened to BL in that home, would they really have agreed to the cadaver dog search without being forced to?

BBM

Good point, but I'm still going to believe the science. It could be that DB didn't think the cadaver dog would hit, just like DB may not have known that phone calls can be traced without the actual phone.

If the dog hit was on the comforter there is no way LE would have left it there for someone to dispose of. I think the hit was on something that couldn't be easily moved like wall to wall carpet or wood floor. JMO

I know that there is a lot of discussion in the 'Jersey' thread about this, and since I don't want to get on the bad side of nursebeeme I am posting my thoughts here! :)

The cadaver dog hit was the thing that caused me to fall off the fence. However, while it is, IMO, one piece of hard evidence, it is not the whole story. With all the recent revelations about Jersey and his movements on the day in question, I am now back to "I have no idea what happened."

The cadaver dog hit nearly broke my heart, but there has to be more hard evidence than that (and I don't include rumors & speculation about a conspiracy to frame Jersey) for me to definitely say I am convinced of who is responsible for whatever happened to Lisa, poor darling baby girl.

Minette, I'm sure there is more hard evidence, we just don't know what it is. LE is keeping it all close to the vest, and I commend them for it.

Does anyone have a link to the *second* hit? I tried searching through the links but haven't found it. Reading the reports about the 17 hour search on the 19th I didn't see it or am I just blind??

Why would LE or the FBI not have more than one dog come into the home for a search after a dog made a positive hit in the bedroom? By not having more than one it can be argued in court that it was a false positive hit. I have seen nothing that states that multiple dogs hit in the home. Wouldn't this have been added to the search warrent if in fact more than one hit? It would make the search warrent application more "iron clad" as to why they (LE and FBI) needed the search warrent.

MOO

I still think something that was in contact with Baby Lisa (her pajamas, her blanket, DB's clothing) was discarded at the foot of the bed. I just can't come up with a scenario where Baby Lisa's body was laid on the floor.

Loved this post by Sarx & bumping it so to speak & bolding some.

I think it's also important to note the wording in the affidavit of:

"each search has recovered evidence to further progress the investigation"
and
"the items and evidence recovered as of this date supports the need"

This says to me that they had much much more than just the dog hits to go on. I think the defense is trying very hard to stir it all up with the dogs so they can sweep everything else quietly under the rug....

link to affidavit
http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf
page 5 bottom

BBM

Good point, but I'm still going to believe the science. It could be that DB didn't think the cadaver dog would hit, just like DB may not have known that phone calls can be traced without the actual phone.

I don't think a deceased Lisa ever touched the ground. I think DB held her as she passed, or very soon after she passed. I think clothing (DB's or Baby Lisa's) or a blanket was discarded at the foot of the bed which resulted in the positive hit. I think DB thought the body never touched the ground so she was safe in consenting to a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528