Caitlyn Jenner speeding during deadly crash, DA to be told

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes,I remember it was a cigarette.Maybe she was lighting one.

I don't think so. The cigarette is visible in his left hand/close to the window in the pictures right before the accident.

And that's pretty normal in cases like this. Celebrity or otherwise. Unless there is gross negligence. And that normally means drinking or using the phone (talking with it in your hand or texting).

I pulled a case example on the other thread but can't remember the exact specifics. It was a guy who looked down at his cell phone and rear ended a vehicle. I think 2 people died. He was charged and got very little jail time. But he got that jail time because of gross negligence. Because he was using his phone. Not because he failed to stop.

Most people are not charged with felonies for fatal car accidents. Even if its their fault.

It's just how it is. Not because he's a celebrity.

I remember a fatal accident in the Bay Area from years ago. A driver went through a red light and killed a young woman making a left turn. Her parents complained because the driver was not charged with the woman's death. Nothing was ever done about it.

I remember a fatal accident in the Bay Area from years ago. A driver went through a red light and killed a young woman making a left turn. Her parents complained because the driver was not charged with the woman's death. Nothing was ever done about it.

Sadly that's normal.
There is a difference in what the law considers negligence and gross negligence.
Had that driver been under the influence or texting... He would have certainly been charged and likely would have served time.

ETA: or if he would've left the scene.

I'm a very safe driver, haven't had a ticket of any kind in over 25 years. But I feel like this kind of thing could happen to even the most careful among us. Who writing on this thread has NEVER been distracted, daydreaming, or driving just a tad too fast? If he was not texting, using his phone, or on drugs or alcohol, giving him jail time for making a mistake like this is overly harsh imo. This wasn't an intentional, malicious act that should result in criminal imprisonment. I hope and pray that none of my loved ones are ever the victim of this type of accident, however, and I totally understand that the family of the victim might feel differently about the whole thing.

Do I think he/his insurance should be held civilly liable and required to compensate the victims? Absolutely.

There but for the grace of God go I. This is a big reminder of the responsibility we hold in our hands whenever we get behind the wheel of a car. Cars, especially large vehicles pulling heavy loads like Jenner's, can absolutely become a deadly weapon. The scariest things I saw when I worked in a trauma ICU were the car accident victims. Amazing and tragic what that can do to the human body and brain.

And Sandra Bland failed to use a turn signal in an attempt to move out of the way of a police cruiser.

She was screamed at, threatened with "being lit up" and dragged from her vehicle for NOTHING.

But yeah, if you are a celeb, who cares about a little vehicular manslaughter? Disgusting.

And that's pretty normal in cases like this. Celebrity or otherwise. Unless there is gross negligence. And that normally means drinking or using the phone (talking with it in your hand or texting).

I pulled a case example on the other thread but can't remember the exact specifics. It was a guy who looked down at his cell phone and rear ended a vehicle. I think 2 people died. He was charged and got very little jail time. But he got that jail time because of gross negligence. Because he was using his phone. Not because he failed to stop.

Most people are not charged with felonies for fatal car accidents. Even if its their fault.

It's just how it is. Not because he's a celebrity.

I am confused, because someone just posted on the Sandra Bland thread that if she had only not broken the law she would not have been dragged from her car and beaten. So you are saying that is what ANY regular person should expect if not a celeb?

Very sad.

And Sandra Bland failed to use a turn signal in an attempt to move out of the way of a police cruiser.

She was screamed at, threatened with "being lit up" and dragged from her vehicle for NOTHING.

But yeah, if you are a celeb, who cares about a little vehicular manslaughter? Disgusting.

Maybe part of it is if you're a celebrity everyone is watching, and everyone knows it.

An entitled person who is exempt from obeying laws and other annoying stuff that gets in the way of one's celebrity?

He wasn't smoking a joint. That's been proven. Celebrity or not.

I am confused, because someone just posted on the Sandra Bland thread that if she had only not broken the law she would not have been dragged from her car and beaten. So you are saying that is what ANY regular person should expect if not a celeb?

Very sad.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I'm taking about vehicle accidents, not turn signals or beatings.

#1. she is not blaming an anything on paps that I know of, although I happen to personally think their taking photos from the side of the road is a distraction

#2. the accident has nothing to do with her or anyone's lifestyle - your prejudice is showing

Thank you for the link to the pictures. It outrages me that Jenner is blaming the fatal accident on Paparazzi. In the first picture it clearly shows no one is directly beside nor behind Jenner's vehicle and trailer.

Were the roads wet? The pics show he attempts to serve his vehicle to try missing a hit to the Lexus. He was driving too fast for the road/traffic conditions while carrying a trailer with a vehicle attached. Even when the speed limit is, for instance, 40mph, in congested traffic, one must adjust their speed accordingly.

Such a sad tragedy for the other families to endure while Jenner pursued a dramatic lifestyle change.

I was replying to a post asking "who smokes a joint while driving?".

But thanks for your input.

Oh ok. Well you mentioned celebrity so I thought you were referring to this case.

A prosecutor wrote in a one-page sheet declining to file charges that Jenner was traveling slightly below the posted speed limit and began braking less than two seconds before the crash. To prove misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter, prosecutors would have had to show Jenner was negligent and had violated a basic speed law.

Based on the facts, the office determined they "cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that suspect's conduct was unreasonable."

http://apmobile.worldnow.com/story/...cline-to-charge-caitlyn-jenner-in-fatal-crash

Prosecutors could have filed a misdemeanor manslaughter charge, but sources familiar with the investigation said there was a number of mitigating factors, including the fact that Jenner wasn't driving recklessly or at excessive speed, didn't flee the scene, traveled with the flow of traffic and wasn't on a cellphone at the time.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office noted that Jenner was traveling slightly below the posted speed limit and "minimally slower than [the] victim." To charge Jenner with a crime would require "ordinary negligence," and prosecutors said they "could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that suspect's conduct was unreasonable."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-charged-fatal-february-car-accident-n436426

Caitlyn Jenner now sued by the victims in the SECOND car hit in the fatal Malibu crash that left her 69-year-old neighbor dead

February crash killed Kim Howe when Jenner rear-ended her car

Chain reaction pushed Howe's Lexus into oncoming traffic

Howe's car hit a Hummer driven by a member of the Wolf-Milesi family

The family is now suing Jenner for negligence, claiming four members sustained serious wrist injuries in the crash

Jenner is facing a separate lawsuit by Howe's stepchildren

See more news of Caitlyn Jenner and her car crash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-69-year-old-neighbor-dead.html#ixzz3tRa44pNJ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001
Back