California, US - Jessie Peterson, 31, missing for a year found dead in hospital’s storage facility, hospital had told family she had checked out

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But JP was not brain dead before her death. It's not her illnesses that made her ineligible for organ donation, it was the fact that she had not been tested and found to be brain dead before her death. To test for brain death takes days, not two hours.
Link me up please.
As far as I know ,like personal experience ,transplants take place within hours of the donors death ,not days.
Hours... with minutes ticking by rapidly.

Link me up please.
As far as I know ,like personal experience ,transplants take place within hours of the donors death ,not days.
Hours... with minutes ticking by rapidly.
Did you read the link I posted? It's not the time for performing the transplant operations that takes time, it's the time it takes to make certain that a patient is brain dead. There are at least two examinations to make sure there are no brain activity left, by CT scan and electroencephalogram, neurological exams and so on, and often by at least two doctors, with no connection to the transplant team, and the tests done on separate days. The criteria to declare a patient brain dead is set high, and doctors make sure that everything is done correctly, so that the relatives understand that the patient is dead. See the case of Jahi McMath, where here family didn't accept that she was brain dead.

Did you read the link I posted? It's not the time for performing the transplant operations that takes time, it's the time it takes to make certain that a patient is brain dead. There are at least two examinations to make sure there are no brain activity left, by CT scan and electroencephalogram, neurological exams and so on, and often by at least two doctors, with no connection to the transplant team, and the tests done on separate days. The criteria to declare a patient brain dead is set high, and doctors make sure that everything is done correctly, so that the relatives understand that the patient is dead. See the case of Jahi McMath, where here family didn't accept that she was brain dead.
I did read your posted link . It provides little in the way of proving your theory . The link actually says zero about brain death or about the criteria on making that determination .

Last edited:
I did read your posted link . It provides little in the way of proving your theory . The link actually says zero about brain death or about the criteria on making that determination .
What is it that you dont't believe? That people have to be declared to be brain dead to be considered candidates for organ transplant? Do you think that JP went from being in contact with her mother to being brain dead and had her organs taken in two hours?

What is it that you dont't believe? That people have to be declared to be brain dead to be considered candidates for organ transplant? Do you think that JP went from being in contact with her mother to being brain dead and had her organs taken in two hours?

This really is about Jessie's case and not so much of my beliefs
Jessie went from talking to her mother ,2 hours before she died ..to having an X ray weeks later after she was "dead".So here we are asking ourselves about the legalities of it all.. At least I am .

This really is about Jessie's case and not so much of my beliefs
Jessie went from talking to her mother ,2 hours before she died ..to having an X ray weeks later after she was "dead".So here we are asking ourselves about the legalities of it all.. At least I am .
So did someone at the hospital know she was dead and use her info for another patient or was the xray actually of the victim somehow? Opinions here

I think they use a specific name for their no info patients or Jane Doe, somehow someone attributed the xray to the wrong medical record number / code name. That is my thoughts on the xray. The xray mess up could be as simple as a typo that was not caught because the patient in question was dead, if it had shown up in someone elses chart the papertrail would have been followed sooner, I think. The only issue it is now is because Jessie was found the way she was. Just my thoughts.

I think they use a specific name for their no info patients or Jane Doe, somehow someone attributed the xray to the wrong medical record number / code name. That is my thoughts on the xray. The xray mess up could be as simple as a typo that was not caught because the patient in question was dead, if it had shown up in someone elses chart the papertrail would have been followed sooner, I think. The only issue it is now is because Jessie was found the way she was. Just my thoughts.
I don't think that could be correct. First, when a doctor orders an x-ray, that is noted in that patient's chart and request given. when the x-ray people come to get the patient, the scan the wristband before the xray is done. That would also note the billing. If the xray got mis charted, it should have been noted because those x-rays wouldn't have shown up in the patient's chart when the doctor went to review them. If this hospital is somehow manually by-passing that an manually inputting billing, I think that raises new concerns about their billing procedures.

I don't think that could be correct. First, when a doctor orders an x-ray, that is noted in that patient's chart and request given. when the x-ray people come to get the patient, the scan the wristband before the xray is done. That would also note the billing. If the xray got mis charted, it should have been noted because those x-rays wouldn't have shown up in the patient's chart when the doctor went to review them. If this hospital is somehow manually by-passing that an manually inputting billing, I think that raises new concerns about their billing procedures.
what I need to know to decide is was she registered under her given name or an alias / unknown. EVEN a hospital band would have the alias or unknown on it, the medical record number would like somewhere to the real name.

Parent's Lawsuit. Coroner/ ME? Autopsy? REPORTABLE Death?
i'd like to see the actual complaint. i would think the attorney is being careful with his words and may be doing this strategically. what has the coroner or state medical examiner said? it will be interesting to see how the hospital answers this averment.
@PrairieWind Yes, the actual complaint; I'd like to read it too,
Firt day I correctly speculated only to myself:
Hosp. did NOT report death to coroner; NO autopsy. immed. cremation.

Yes, parents' atty worded complaint carefully.

Sacramento County has its own coroner per its website.* Doubtful imo that CA. st. med examiner would make stmt. Have not seen stmt from county coroner ofc but could have missed it.

Was this a reportable death, one which should have triggered SacCo Coroner ofc to open an investigation and (maybe) conduct autopsy?

Did def't-hosp --- maybe thru doc's, med employees, admin. staff, others, indep. contractors --- fail to notify coroner of a reportable death? Thru oversight, neglect, or intentionally?
If intentionally, was it done to mask/prevent detection of med malpractice?

Any individuals named as def't's in lawsuit?

From SacCo Coroner website:**
"Sacramento Co. has a separate coroner's office or medical examiner/district attorney coroner w. functions of coroner," per Ca. Gov't code section 27491, Health and Safety code section 102850, & Penal Code §830.35.
"All deaths in Sacramento County are not reported to the Coroner’s Office. GENERALLY, NATURAL deaths occurring in a HOSPITAL or medical facility and/or under a hospice physician’s care are NOT coroner cases which require a coroner death investigation." <<<<My CAPS.

Gotta check CA. statutes re types of deaths that hosp should REPORT to coroner.

Parent's Lawsuit. Coroner/ ME? Autopsy? REPORTABLE Death?

@PrairieWind Yes, the actual complaint; I'd like to read it too,
Firt day I correctly speculated only to myself:
Hosp. did NOT report death to coroner; NO autopsy. immed. cremation.

Yes, parents' atty worded complaint carefully.

Sacramento County has its own coroner per its website.* Doubtful imo that CA. st. med examiner would make stmt. Have not seen stmt from county coroner ofc but could have missed it.

Was this a reportable death, one which should have triggered SacCo Coroner ofc to open an investigation and (maybe) conduct autopsy?

Did def't-hosp --- maybe thru doc's, med employees, admin. staff, others, indep. contractors --- fail to notify coroner of a reportable death? Thru oversight, neglect, or intentionally?
If intentionally, was it done to mask/prevent detection of med malpractice?

Any individuals named as def't's in lawsuit?

From SacCo Coroner website:**
"Sacramento Co. has a separate coroner's office or medical examiner/district attorney coroner w. functions of coroner," per Ca. Gov't code section 27491, Health and Safety code section 102850, & Penal Code §830.35.
"All deaths in Sacramento County are not reported to the Coroner’s Office. GENERALLY, NATURAL deaths occurring in a HOSPITAL or medical facility and/or under a hospice physician’s care are NOT coroner cases which require a coroner death investigation." <<<<My CAPS.

Gotta check CA. statutes re types of deaths that hosp should REPORT to coroner.

Good questions. I shouldn't have said State ME, i meant whoever the authorities have do autopsies. Another question, is there a death certificate? Must be. What does it say and who signed it?

OK in this article there is a cert.

You have to scroll down till the line "click to view a pdf" if you click on it, you can download the cert. It had been filled 1 year after her death.

I am trying to imagine that it is not the easy situation.

From what I have read everywhere, Jesse was high-functioning, but at a certain point, she got on the drugs. She was in touch with the family but didn't live with them. They said, she "traveled." Could she have left AMA and something happened in the immediate vicinity of the hospital? Did they put her on the premises just to remove from the sight? And then someone forgot to call the police?

To be honest it is difficult to find a secretary in the hospital today. A professor is easy.

My post (earlier today, just 3 upthread) said I thought:
"Hosp. did NOT report death to coroner."
MY MISSTATEMENT.

Reviewing DeathCert more closely, I see JP's death was reported to coroner on 04/05/2024, nearly a year after the stated 04/08/2024 DoD.

I should have said:
"appears likely the death report to coroner was not made on a TIMELY basis."

My apologies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member