California Wildfires 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

margarita25

Reaction score
3 California wildfires destroy thousands of structures and force emergency evacuations
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/09/us/camp-fire-california/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

“A series of fast-moving wildfires is racing Friday up and down California, destroying thousands of structures and forcing thousands of residents to evacuate through flame-lined streets.
Two fires are just miles from the bar where 12 people were killed in a mass shooting in Southern California's Thousand Oaks, and a voluntary evacuation advisory was issued for part of Malibu, a seaside city popular with celebrities.“

(Dear mods, can you please add the date to the thread title, thank you.)

Last edited:
Is this the only thread for the CA fires?? So many of us live(d) in the areas affected....so many people evacuated, homes gone, the woolsey fire is just crazy going everywhere and changing direction repeatedly.....I cant believe theres not more posts.
@katydid23 are you ok? Did u evacuate?

My husband’s cousin, wife and their grown daughter lost their homes to the Camp Fire in Paradise. :( They evacuated to Chico and nine hours later evacuated with his 90 year old mother to the Bay Area. We are so relieved they made it out alive. Some didn’t. Our hearts break for all affected in all the fires.

This is unbelievable. So scary. I have a wildfire story from my family background - I wasn't even alive when it happened - and it haunts me. My heart truly goes out to everyone dealing with this scary situation.

What is the weather forecast - wind changes, rain? Any relief on the way?

Hoping all local members here are safe! I just read some 100 Malibu homes are gone so far, including Caitlyn Jenner's, and Paradise was almost completely wiped out. Many people missing, especially elderly. =(

I'm watching coverage on Twitter:

#WoolseyFire and #CaliforniaFires are active hashtags. You don't need to have a Twitter account to view.

Many people are posting their own videos of the fires and situation - can't link to them because they are not verified MSM but just regular folks - but you can see what is happening on Twitter.

Overwhelming. I hope everyone on WS who is in the area is safe, sound, and secure.

jmo

"Nurse Darrel Wilken told the Chico Enterprise-Record newspaper that the fire came so quickly that he and other coworkers used their own cars to evacuate patients from the Adventist Health Feather River Hospital.

Wilken said he took three patients in his car and that two of them were in critical condition. He said he battled gridlocked traffic on a road surrounded on both sides by fire."

California wildfires turn deadly as tens of thousands evacuate - live updates

My daughter was up all night on Wednesday night waiting for word that her friends were okay from the mass bar shooting only to be evacuated Thursday afternoon for the fire. It took her 3 hours to drive 45 miles to evacuate. Still waiting to hear if she has a home to go back to. She's emotionally drained but reflective on the fact that she and her friends are ok.

This is unbelievable. So scary. I have a wildfire story from my family background - I wasn't even alive when it happened - and it haunts me. My heart truly goes out to everyone dealing with this scary situation.

What is the weather forecast - wind changes, rain? Any relief on the way?[/QUOTEi

Santa Ana Wind Warning kicks up Sunday.
Not good.

Didn't know there would be a thread for this. I'm awake can't sleep. My friends are seconds away from losing their home. I'm so thankful that they have evacuated. We have opened our home to them but they have (thankfully) found a pet friendly hotel not as far out as we are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back