California Wildfires 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last night the Woolsey fire was out of control covering 54 square miles. I could see the flames from my house across the bay. This morning it has doubled in size . It's catastrophic. I cannot reach 3 friends, 2 in Malibu, and one in Calabasas. All those people and animals, horses....I'm heartsick. Here where I live in an area of canyons and tinder dry hillsides, we are on high alert.

Fingers crossed for your friends. I cant even contemplate 54 square miles of fire, just horrific.

James Woods is up and awake and retweeting again.
Not only missing people, but rescued pets and assistance for animals in need of evacuation as well.
I could hardly sleep last night and had to get up for work today.
Is it slowing down yet?

I am thinking of all of you. My daughter is in Simi and they evacuated her last night but it seems the fire never actually made it to any homes. It is just so beautiful here...when Ojai and Ventura burned, I thought my heart would break. Now even closer to home....Westlake, Thousand Oaks...beautiful Malibu. My heart is heavy. I dread hearing what the total loss is going to be :( If you live there, please check in here and/or mark yourself safe on FB. We need each other and I worry :/

"BREAKING: Northern California sheriff says 14 additional bodies recovered, bringing death toll to 23 in massive wildfire."

The Associated Press on Twitter

Thank you for updating us with this news it didn’t feel right liking it but your post is appreciated. My heart breaks for all the people and animals suffering.

May the victims Rest In Peace.

I find it very hard to sleep when I know so many people are going through hell. And it won't end when the fires are out. So much trauma to process. I feel for everyone, but my heart especially breaks for the children. How does one ever feel safe and secure after living through this?

This video is the stuff of nightmares. After saving horses, she nearly lost her life.
VIDEO: Woman drives through flames to flee Malibu wildfire

I can't think of anything else but this horrible suffering and devastation for all affected. Here the sky was thick and pink today, the sun red.
Woolsey fire 130 square MILES now......5% contained.

I wonder if climate change has anything to do with the particular ferocity of the Santa Ana winds? Last year we had fires everywhere in Montana, terrible smoke, ash, every where. At least this year it was not as bad.

“Two people more people have been found dead as a pair of wildfires stretched from inland canyons to the Pacific in Southern California on Saturday.
The two bodies were found severely burned inside a car on a long residential driveway in Malibu, Los Angeles County sheriff's Chief John Benedict said.”
Deadly California wildfires claim 25 lives

So sad for all, this is devastating... our thoughts from Australia.

I am thinking of all of you. My daughter is in Simi and they evacuated her last night but it seems the fire never actually made it to any homes. It is just so beautiful here...when Ojai and Ventura burned, I thought my heart would break. Now even closer to home....Westlake, Thousand Oaks...beautiful Malibu. My heart is heavy. I dread hearing what the total loss is going to be :( If you live there, please check in here and/or mark yourself safe on FB. We need each other and I worry :/

I know, sweetheart. This is so overwhelming and devastating. I didn;t even want to wake up this morning, wanted to sleep in and forget the whole mess---but I have 5 dogs and 4 cats visiting now, while their families are evacuated.

And a friend's elderly auntie is here for 2 days while the family scrambles around, dealing with this nightmare situation. They have horses and it is so stressful, trying to move them safely.

We moved to Westlake Village in 1999. Our kids grew up there, and most of our friends live there or Agoura/Calabasas. Or TO. So many beautiful properties and parks and businesses are just gone.

Paramount Ranch, irreplaceable...Family ranches and farms, gone. Las Virgenes Canyon, Lost Hills, Liberty Canyon, Malibu Canyon, Bell Canyon, decimated. Mulholland Highway, in ruins...

when I went to bed last night, it was 35, 000 acres burned.
This morning it was doubled, and was 70, 000 acres burned, and at least 200 homes lost. [probably many more, in my opinion.]

The winds died down today, and they did some controlled burns, to get ready for tonight, when the Santa Ana Winds are predicted to return.

from ktla news

I wonder if climate change has anything to do with the particular ferocity of the Santa Ana winds? Last year we had fires everywhere in Montana, terrible smoke, ash, every where. At least this year it was not as bad.

Local municipalities have ignored some very crucial life saving policies.

One very important one are local and state building codes. Roofs that are composed of cheap flammable materials. Sprinkler systems. Cleanout of flammable undergrowth in Forrest near buildings and subdivisions.

Yes the wind has been a driving factor in many fires. But communities are very underprepared for the inevitable.

Every single video I’ve seen has fire raging up to the edge of escape routes. Those routes should have been clear cut 50 feet inboth directions. Sure it’s much prettier to have a tree canopy to see and drive under. Unless your the man driving through the canopy raging with flames singing to his daughter to calm her. Escape routes need to be secure and under no circumstances be a solid wall of fire. These areas simply are stupid for not planning.

And then communities ask for and are given Federsl Disaster Assistance repeatedly. Those funds should have a qualifiers that fire disaster planning and preparation be complete within a specific period of time. Or it will simply happen over and over.

People have to plan for fires in an area known to have the probability of same. Maybe this will be a wake up call maybe not, but is an opportunity to look at the area and avoid the degree of destruction facing Californian’s today.

Perhaps insuranc companies will finally deny coverage until these issues are addressed.

Last edited:
Camp Fire Missing Persons: Names & Photos of The Missing in CA | Heavy.com

The Camp Fire that left Paradise, California destroyed and decimated many other areas in Butte County, California, has also left about 110 people missing. Twenty-three people were tragically found deceased in the fire, and authorities fear that number may grow. This has left the fire as one of the deadliest in California’s history. Here is a look at some of the people who have been reported missing. Loved ones are desperate to know where their friends and family are. If you have seen any of these people, please call your local authorities right away.

This is not an all-inclusive list. To see more people as they are reported missing, please see the list of resources at the end of this story.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back