Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread was closed yesterday and I wanted to say that I like Tinkerbell's fresh look at things,,, the open mindedness of her comments are most welcome as we go into a sleuthers vortex. Not to beat a horse on the subject but in my opinion every comment that makes us go "Hmmm???" is the jist of it; no right or wrong just hmmm.

Or there was something on the farm that he was wondering if he would be able to gain access to again.

I totally think he was trying to talk his way back onto the farm because of either evidence he wanted to reach or else to get to his way of running from the law again. IMO

Thread was closed yesterday and I wanted to say that I like Tinkerbell's fresh look at things,,, the open mindedness of her comments are most welcome as we go into a sleuthers vortex. Not to beat a horse on the subject but in my opinion every comment that makes us go "Hmmm???" is the jist of it; no right or wrong just hmmm.

Just like communication IRL, in on line discussions we need to be aware of our audience and try to gauge their level of interest in what we are putting forward. I love forums, and when I'm participating I make an effort to read and understand every point another poster is putting forth.
My favourite posters are those that don't launch into lengthy diatribes and hijack conversations. The more prolific posters on every forum site seem to frustrate other users and drive them away.

maybe he wanted to leave a letter to his family?
Or maybe he wanted to get caught. I mean, let's face it, what does he have to look forward to in the years ahead? He has no apparent visible means of support other than his parents, he has no career, no family of his own as in a wife and children that we know of. And what would lie ahead for him? Years of growing older having to care for his parents, seeing their health decline and he might not be the caregiver type of person. And then, he sees his sister, who could also have helped care for them drifting away from the family home, perhaps eventually to take up residence in Mexico. That might have been what set him off on this tangent if you will, to make sure he didn't have to spend his remaining years looking after the parents and the farm. I mean, he tried to go on his own before to Vancouver, and was the master of his own fate when he got into nothing but trouble and was brought back to Alberta. There is no death penalty, so his days will be spent be behind bars, he'll have three square meals a day, clean clothes and bedding, probably have a tv and access to a library and by the time he would get out of prison, if ever, the folks may be long gone. Just my opinion of course, but I can see how he might have decided he had to do something. His inheritance might still be waiting for him when he got out, but the years of caring for elderly parents would be over. If his parents decided to give the sister part of her inheritance early, so she could help her common law husband and his family buy a condo in Mexico, he might well have resented that and was jealous that his sister was going to live a life he will never have and decided that if he couldn't have it, no one else would. And as he already had a falling out with AL, it just tipped the scale if you will, when he decided it was now or never. Not everyone is cut out to look after elderly parents. It is a difficult job when a person who was once the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child. The first photo of him taken when he was arrested in Vancouver, shows a man who is depressed and angry but the photos of him now at 54 do not have that same look. He may even be glad he did what he did, and never disclose what he knows. Well, who knows, maybe it was some completely different scenario, and the family is alive and well living under the witness protection program. I really hope we find out the truth some day.

Thank you so much Stan Laurel for your kind words! :) Your tolerance and understanding of other points of view that may be different from your own and not that of the masses, or mainstream is appreciated! :)

Or maybe he wanted to get caught. I mean, let's face it, what does he have to look forward to in the years ahead? He has no apparent visible means of support other than his parents, he has no career, no family of his own as in a wife and children that we know of. And what would lie ahead for him? Years of growing older having to care for his parents, seeing their health decline and he might not be the caregiver type of person. And then, he sees his sister, who could also have helped care for them drifting away from the family home, perhaps eventually to take up residence in Mexico. That might have been what set him off on this tangent if you will, to make sure he didn't have to spend his remaining years looking after the parents and the farm. I mean, he tried to go on his own before to Vancouver, and was the master of his own fate when he got into nothing but trouble and was brought back to Alberta. There is no death penalty, so his days will be spent be behind bars, he'll have three square meals a day, clean clothes and bedding, probably have a tv and access to a library and by the time he would get out of prison, if ever, the folks may be long gone. Just my opinion of course, but I can see how he might have decided he had to do something. His inheritance might still be waiting for him when he got out, but the years of caring for elderly parents would be over. If his parents decided to give the sister part of her inheritance early, so she could help her common law husband and his family buy a condo in Mexico, he might well have resented that and was jealous that his sister was going to live a life he will never have and decided that if he couldn't have it, no one else would. And as he already had a falling out with AL, it just tipped the scale if you will, when he decided it was now or never. Not everyone is cut out to look after elderly parents. It is a difficult job when a person who was once the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child. The first photo of him taken when he was arrested in Vancouver, shows a man who is depressed and angry but the photos of him now at 54 do not have that same look. He may even be glad he did what he did, and never disclose what he knows. Well, who knows, maybe it was some completely different scenario, and the family is alive and well living under the witness protection program. I really hope we find out the truth some day.

He does look different now doesn't he? Almost sad or defeated. Interesting look at things birdlady2 :) Stranger things have happened. I hope we find out the truth when this is all over. May justice be served!

Anyone on now remember if the farm pics are in thread 1 or 2 ? Thx

It's funny, DG's life and my life are the same but in opposite; we've both dabbled in creating things for others but I took my contractor to court and won. I choose to live very privately but do have access to friends. I don't have children - at least not of my loins - step-kids who are both in University. I've known criminal types but chose not to become overly acquainted. I also live in a suite in my parents house so I can help them on in age (mom has early onset dementia, and under my watch will never see the inside of a nursing home. when it appears that time will come, I will move out and have a nurse move in), and I own (paid) half the house. I created my career and it pays well and is rewarding.

I'm not sure if he resents his parents, it is really tough yes, but this whole stereotype of a geriatric being too feeble to go camping is ludicrous, I camp every two weeks (in a tent) with my dad who's in his mid-eighties.

However, DG does have one thing amiss in his life that is troubling,, his vice. Some drink, or drug or gamble, what have you, but DG's vice it seems (prior) was petty crime, like the kleptomaniac he seems unable to get away from dipping his toe in that pond. Maybe his parents are great community folk but they might also be very restrictive in the home front, I don't know. One must admit that as big as the L's paper trail is, the G's are incredibly off the interwebs.

He does look different now doesn't he? Almost sad or defeated. Interesting look at things birdlady2 :) Stranger things have happened. I hope we find out the truth when this is all over. May justice be served!
Yes, he does look as though he is defeated but also resigned to his fate. Someone mentioned he looked irritated, but that could be from the handcuffs. The anger is gone and if he did do this terrible deed, he now is free from having to plan the rest of his life. It has been decided for him.

It's funny, DG's life and my life are the same but in opposite; we've both dabbled in creating things for others but I took my contractor to court and won. I choose to live very privately but do have access to friends. I don't have children - at least not of my loins - step-kids who are both in University. I've known criminal types but chose not to become overly acquainted. I also live in a suite in my parents house so I can help them on in age (mom has early onset dementia, and under my watch will never see the inside of a nursing home. when it appears that time will come, I will move out and have a nurse move in), and I own (paid) half the house. I created my career and it pays well and is rewarding.

I'm not sure if he resents his parents, it is really tough yes, but this whole stereotype of a geriatric being too feeble to go camping is ludicrous, I camp every two weeks (in a tent) with my dad who's in his mid-eighties.

However, DG does have one thing amiss in his life that is troubling,, his vice. Some drink, or drug or gamble, what have you, but DG's vice it seems (prior) was petty crime, like the kleptomaniac he seems unable to get away from dipping his toe in that pond. Maybe his parents are great community folk but they might also be very restrictive in the home front, I don't know. One must admit that as big as the L's paper trail is, the G's are incredibly off the interwebs.
You sound like a kind considerate person who values your parents. He may have depended on his parents over the years, and actually did help out around the farm but it might not have been by choice. No help, no money. Just guessing on that of course. But to some people giving back is just not in their nature. Getting back at someone is, but not giving. He obviously has issues that were not his fault, and maybe medication would have helped, but on his own, well, it was a recipe for disaster for people who really never did anything to him. I tried to get inside his head if you will, and if that wasn't like a descent into madness I don't know what was. But I can sort of understand how his mind may have worked. He was in survival mode. Doing whatever was best for him. He may be 54 but still a child in many ways. I really do think it was resentment, plain and simple. If this is what happened of course. Like I said, who knows. We could all be way off course with this, but the more time goes on, it really does look like it was by his hand the family perished. What a shame. It didn't have to happen like this.

Has anyone ever talked about a Texas connection? Just curious.

Has anyone ever talked about a Texas connection? Just curious.

A neighbour in Parkhill apparently said KL had told her they were moving to Texas. I have no link but believe there's one in the very first thread.

Thanks, I was searching for a specific pic for a bit then ended up just googling garland farm police search and I found it.

This is very insightful:) DG could just have the instrinsic nature to "push the envelope". It could be that because of his intelligence level, he has a superiority complex or a sense of entitlement. It could also be that he has the need to feel "special" by proving he can do things that most people can't or shouldn't . By most accounts, it sounds like he is somewhat of an oddity and likely wasn't easily accepted by his peers, or could be that he wasn't even acknowledged at all. Perhaps his self-worth comes from using his intellect to get away with committing 'petty crimes' and outsmarting LE. Maybe it's 'attention-seeking behaviour", an undiagnosed mental illness/disorder or just the adrenaline rush of doing something illegal. He obviously gains some sort of pleasure or satisfaction out of repeatedly being in trouble with LE. Guilty or not, he is definitely a lost, if not tortured soul. It must be difficult to live in that head. Whatever his problem/justification may be, it's still no excuse to commit crimes...especially not one of this magnitude. Its really a sad situation all the way around.

I wanted the pic because I remembered seeing at least a couple of wheelbarrows in it and when reading posts again tonight save the wheelbarrow thing come up again.
I also took a close look at the LE in the Liknes garage pic and saw a couple of things that had been discussed on here. Like all the walkies/ radios lined up in a row in the left.
Then my eye took in that something was missing on the top shelf between the coolers and a fire extinguisher appears to be missing from the red hooks on the left wall and perhaps other items from this area. Emergency kit still there :(
Of course anyone could have these things just interesting to note. image.jpg

If you search Shaver Associates Realty Inc. Kirkland, Washington does it seem like a legitimate company? Not sure if this is allowed... Sorry if its not.

A neighbour in Parkhill apparently said KL had told her they were moving to Texas. I have no link but believe there's one in the very first thread.

Wow, ok thanks! I will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member