Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any evidence was found in the searches of the Spyhill landfill site. The search of the dump continued after the murder charges were laid. The police must have been looking for something that couldn't be burned.

From 2014:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-of-nathan-o-brien-and-grandparents-1.2706455

I wonder too. I really hope there was something found ... those poor uniformed LE searching the dump in that insane heat for days on end, potentially for nothing.

Remember this?
Otto, you did SO much work on this case (and so many others too), and you had this case nailed early on. Kudos!

Armchair detectives trying to crack missing persons case on web forum

More than 2,000 messages posted so far
BY DYLAN ROBERTSON, CALGARY HERALD JULY 13, 2014 10:20 AM

As news helicopters circle over an Airdrie area acreage and investigators comb the scene, online forum poster “Otto” uploads a labelled topography map.
“The small boxes are the buildings,” he writes. Shortly after, a stranger named “Mrsguest” puts the address through a property search and links it to a business.
She’s among scores of amateur online sleuths, who have collectively posted over 2,000 anonymous messages related to the case on the forum websleuths.com. Users have deciphered police statements, used clever search tricks and pieced together family trees and timelines.

Launched in 1999 for strangers to follow the JonBenet Ramsey case in the United States, the forum now nets over 65,000 users, half of whom log on almost daily. The site is among a handful dedicated to following and probing unsolved crime and missing-persons cases across North America.

From the media thread:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/a...issing+persons+case+forum/10026298/story.html

I wonder too. I really hope there was something found ... those poor uniformed LE searching the dump in that insane heat for days on end, potentially for nothing.

My guess is that they were looking for bones because they couldn't be destroyed in the burn barrel. It couldn't get hot enough. Perhaps the gun.

I had to go out and was sooo much longer than I thought. Need to catch up but kinda scared to see what I missed :(

I had to go out and was sooo much longer than I thought. Need to catch up but kinda scared to see what I missed :(

Hey Skibs. Nothing horrifying. Sad. Parents of the ! I feel for them. Life could not have been easy for them with him over the years.

Congrats Otto on your mention and giving WS cred.

Since we're on lunch anyway, I'm going back to the early reports of Garland's arrest when the whole "away camping" story was out there. I'll see if I can track it down. I remember we speculated that perhaps they had an RV, but still, in hindsight, 80 years olds camping???? No. At least highly highly unlikely (some 80 years olds are very active, respect to them!)

I can find no MSM mention of DG parents being away camping at the time of the killings. Not to say there isn't one, but I'm going through media thread and haven't found anything so far (hence my walk down memory lane). I think SillyBillly is right - it came from the pastor and was an attempt to buy them distance and privacy. IMO

I can find no MSM mention of DG parents being away camping at the time of the killings. Not to say there isn't one, but I'm going through media thread and haven't found anything so far (hence my walk down memory lane). I think SillyBillly is right - it came from the pastor and was an attempt to buy them distance and privacy. IMO

Hmmm... Anyone else have any recollection of where the 'camping' suggestion originated? I remember all of us thinking it was so odd that the parents were so MIA at the beginning and no able to fathom that they were camping. Perhaps it was just discussed and mulled around here on WS?

My guess is that they were looking for bones because they couldn't be destroyed in the burn barrel. It couldn't get hot enough. Perhaps the gun.

I didn't really want to post this horrid thought, but am wondering.... if DG was so 'smart' and had a plan to destroy the physical evidence ie: lye/burning, etc., I am surprised he wouldn't have had a grinder of sorts. Funeral homes have a grinder to reduce the final cremains after a cremation in order for there not to be anything chunky in the urns. I have spread the cremains of a number of people, and they are very fine. It wouldn't be good to have visible chunks throughout the ashes. A grinder of some kind would not be difficult to obtain or make, if one were so inclined to further reduce any evidence...

This diaper issue is kind of freaking me out. I was going to do some googling on the "fetish" but decided I was better off not knowing. Unfortunately I'm going to find out at some point but I just don't want to go there yet.

This diaper issue is kind of freaking me out. I was going to do some googling on the "fetish" but decided I was better off not knowing. Unfortunately I'm going to find out at some point but I just don't want to go there yet.

I hear you. Baby steps......sigh

Don't do it, IMO. I am avoiding it myself, for the same reason. I had troubles getting to sleep last night after the more detailed info on that came out.

Finding it hard with the diapers and his sick fascination with diapered women. Given the fact Kathy's DNA was found on meat hooks. I am trying to brace for what is to come. Feels like a horror movie about to unfold.

I am kind of surprised that 'diaper' was the choice of word that was used in the courtroom. It conjures a different picture than the use of the words 'incontinence product' or 'incontinence brief'. The latter verbiage has a much less 'Ewww!' factor to it and is more acceptable these days than diaper. I work in the medical field and we never say diaper any longer. Just as we don't call a bib, a bib. It is called an apron or a crumb catcher. It make the folks who use them feel less infantalized. Call it more PC and respectful. Just sayin'.

I think the word diaper is being used so the Jurors can understand. And IMO it gives full impact given his sick fantasy. I don't think it was a pull up or brief. IMO this freak liked a diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow