Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Blood spatter expert (which i think is next week) should fill in a few more pieces of that puzzle.
Yes, it would be irresponsible for her to testify to what she's not an expert in. She was brought in to determine whether there was a possibility of anyone still being alive which she was unable to definitively determine due to there not being enough blood.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

DG going through this farce of a trial just to hurt the family more. He has no chance of beating these charges. The aerial photo and DNA on saw and meat hook will put him away for a very long time.

I think that you are right about DG wanting to go through this trial. It seems to me that he made only a half-hearted attempt to hide his crime from the police. Breaking into the home in the middle of the night seems like it had more to do with catching his victims unawares than trying to hide under the cover of darkness.

Sometimes I wonder if he hid the tapes in the rafters, not so much to hide his research from the police, as just to hide it from his parents.

Even destroying the bodies might not be about hiding the evidence, but rather about completing his obsessed plan to harm this family.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s40 seconds ago

Jury coming in now for Day 13 of the Douglas #Garland triple murder trial.

It's difficult to say whether he was only half-heartedly trying to conceal the crime or if he just got overwhelmed and exhausted and didn't expect to be caught that soon. He certainly researched a LOT on how to avoid being caught, but then left some pretty enormous and glaring pieces of evidence. It's puzzling. The hard drive for example - why in the world would he hide it and not destroy it? He had to know that it would be discovered if the police searched the farm. Or was he that arrogant and thought that little of the police that he thought they'd never find it? Or was he thinking he had more time to clean up/get rid of evidence and just got too exhausted and overwhelmed and kind of gave up? It's an incredibly conflicting combination of due diligence and totally sloppy neglect. Strange.

Wonder what happened yesterday afternoon

:thinking:

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 40s40 seconds ago
First witness is Dr. William Blair, a forensic dentist #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 43s43 seconds ago
Dr. Blair examined a number of what were believed to be tooth fragments found in the course of the investigation. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Day 13 of Douglas #Garland triple-murder trial has begun; first up, Dr. William Blair, a forensic dentist. fyi, trial goes 1/2 day today.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 34s35 seconds ago
Lawyer Jim Lutz says defence takes no opposition to Dr. Blair's qualifications as a forensic dentist. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 45s46 seconds ago
Crown seeking to have Dr. Blair qualified as an expert forensic dentist #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 31s31 seconds ago
Blair has been practicing dentistry for 46 years. Has consulted with police forces since the early 1970s. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Dr. Blair also retired this year after 30 years as the team dentist for the #CalgaryFlames. #Garland

Bill Graveland Verified account ‏@BillGraveland 47s48 seconds ago
Dr. Blair has also done a lot of pediatric dentistry during his career. Has testified as an expert in court eight to 10 times. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 25s26 seconds ago
Blair is qualified as an expert and can give opinion evidence re: examination of dental evidence inc determining age of development #Garland

It's difficult to say whether he was only half-heartedly trying to conceal the crime or if he just got overwhelmed and exhausted and didn't expect to be caught that soon. He certainly researched a LOT on how to avoid being caught, but then left some pretty enormous and glaring pieces of evidence. It's puzzling. The hard drive for example - why in the world would he hide it and not destroy it? He had to know that it would be discovered if the police searched the farm. Or was he that arrogant and thought that little of the police that he thought they'd never find it? Or was he thinking he had more time to clean up/get rid of evidence and just got too exhausted and overwhelmed and kind of gave up? It's an incredibly conflicting combination of due diligence and totally sloppy neglect. Strange.
I think he had a plan but was too arrogant to think he might need a plan b. NO being there, someone fighting back, whatever else didn't go exactly as planned. I think killing 3 people would be exhausting... the planning (probably even up all night preparing,) disposing of the bodies, hiding everything from his parents .... I have ADHD and I can say that the more tired you become the more things slip, the more complicated things become, the more things slip ... add stress to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 35s35 seconds ago

July 3/14 Dr Blair said he was given 2 vials of tooth structrures, tooth crown, dental records of Alvin/Kathy Liknes #Garland

Meghan Grant Verified account‏@CBCMeg 4m4 minutes ago
Blair is qualified as forensic dental expert (so allowed to give opinion evidence) #Garland

Hmmmm....was she reading posts here regarding yesterday's testimony?

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 36s36 seconds ago
Dr. Blair said one tooth had some consistencies w/ Alvin Liknes dental records #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 37s37 seconds ago
Dr. Blair said the upper, right central incisor appeared to belong to Alvin Liknes. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 47s47 seconds ago
Blair said he determined an upper, right central incisor had consistencies with that of Alvin Liknes #Garland #yyc

Meghan Grant Verified account‏@CBCMeg 4m4 minutes ago
Blair is qualified as forensic dental expert (so allowed to give opinion evidence) #Garland

Hmmmm....was she reading posts here regarding yesterday's testimony?

Saw that. Wondered the same thing. BBM

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Blair received several packets of incinerated material - Said there could possibly be some tooth structure in 10 of the samples. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 47s47 seconds ago
"There was one sample that appeared to be a deciduous tooth - deciduous meaning baby tooth," said Dr. Blair. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Blair received packets of incinerated material from CPS during #Garland investigation. One sample appeared to be a baby tooth #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Received several packets of incinerated material from police. Determined w/ x-ray determined 4 poss samples of tooth/bone #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme