Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need billandrew following this trial. :uthere:
He kept a detailed list of witnesses and information from the Tim Bosma trial. I think many of us referred to it over and over.

We don't have BA, but we have the witness list. Definitely helps to locate things. Please advise of any errors or omissions, thanks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DG Trial Witnesses 020717.jpg
    DG Trial Witnesses 020717.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 344
Does anyone know what number witness this is today? If I'm not mistaken the Crown is supposed to call 60 witnesses. How many more do we have and I wonder what other information they might have?

Initially it was reported that Crown would present 60, but then later changed to 50. As of today, we're at 40, unless some have been missed. See sheet above.Shouldn't there be some bone and tooth DNA testimony still to come? Tomorrow includes a blood spatter expert. The media apparently gets a list, too bad they don't share it with their readers?

Okay guys....remember back when this was new...the first few days of July 2014....the news sites were going nuts with videos...pictures....and they focused on the Garland acreage.....

Well....being as I am about saving EVERYTHING....*yes....I am a hoarder!!*....Well....I went looking in my case folder *yes...I have one for every thing I find interesting or follow on the internet.....it could be a true crime story....it could be crochet patterns.....*shrugs*.....

Anyways.......went hunting tonight....cuz so many images were familiar and I had remembered one film clip in particular...from the first days......

July 5th....Global had published an article about the acreage...and the long lines of LE searching side by side....the view from overhead was amazing......

Global made the mistake that day of putting up raw uncut footage that day.....a long video.....then they edited it for the news that night.......

I saw the raw first...and bookmarked as per usual for me.......well....you won't believe it....it's still online!

Found the link....and wow........we focused on those outbuildings back then because....SO DID Global...they follow the LE in their hazmat gear out to those buildings! Anyways.....if anyone is interested.....here is the video link......really good quality....was shocked it was still up there!

http://globalnews.ca/video/1434629/raw-video-police-search-rural-property-north-of-calgary
Thanks for this.

He moved his victims around alot. I can only deduce that he had them walk. Beyond horrific. So glad their trauma is over.

Garland is pure evil.

Tweets from JO on Day#1, Jan 16th

Tweets - Day#4, Jan 19th
Thanks for that. I'm sure it took a lot of time to pull that together, I appreciate it. I made the mistake of following the court tweets from only one source (CBC live blog, or whatever they call it) prior to this week. I don't recall that much detail in their tweets about the lock. I should have know better to come to WS for comprehensive coverage. You guys to better here than the reporters [emoji14]!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Initially it was reported that Crown would present 60, but then later changed to 50. As of today, we're at 40, unless some have been missed. See sheet above.Shouldn't there be some bone and tooth DNA testimony still to come? Tomorrow includes a blood spatter expert. The media apparently gets a list, too bad they don't share it with their readers?

I think the media may get the list for the following day only and they do share that. Even if they did have a list which went further ahead things change during a trial so they'd constantly be having to make corrections.

I think drilling the lock rendered it useless. Surely they'd notice a lock on their house that wasn't actually locking if this had been done in advance. Depending of course how often they used that door.

I agree.

When I lock my doors I always turn the handle on the other side to make sure it wont turn and then shut the door. That is for the lower handle lock part which i call a pop lock. So if the Liknes had a habit like that then they would have known if it was drilled beforehand.

Mine has a separate deadbolt part on top and I have to lock that from the inside.

Which is why I agree that DB drilled the lock that morning. I bet he had a small flashlight too. Maybe one of the ones you wear on your head with a strap to keep his hands free to work on the lock.

Im guessing he brought another bag of gear with the drill in it when he left his truck. This could have been what he went back for when we look at the timeline and he went back to the truck before going back to the house.

What was strange to me was him using the barbells instead of his blackjack or what I call a billy club. I think he must have realized it wasnt as effective as the barbells would be when he saw them.
Ive always wondered too if he brought his tazer and maybe used it too before clubbing them.

I think the media may get the list for the following day only and they do share that. Even if they did have a list which went further ahead things change during a trial so they'd constantly be having to make corrections.

I could only find reference (in a news article) to one witness up for today, have they said who else is scheduled for today?

Thank you Hatfield for your assistance, I finally found the property on the large file from the earlier post that required software to view it. I am posting 2 screenshots, one of the entire property, and one close-up of the area of the south buildings (where the bodies were purportedly seen on July 1st). It starts to get pretty blurry when it gets closer. I believe this shot is from July 2nd, but not sure?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Aerial closeup2 G property.jpg
    Aerial closeup2 G property.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 383
  • Aerial closeup1 3bldgs.jpg
    Aerial closeup1 3bldgs.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 371
I hate to be a downer for those who suggested releasing balloons in honour of the victims. It is something that is innocently done to show true caring and remembrance, without realizing the ensuing harm. Can anyone think of another way to show our support and how to honour Alvin, Kathy and Nathan? I certainly would like to do something.

http://balloonsblow.org/impacts-on-wildlife-and-environment/

That link does show some alternatives and I created a new link below to just that section. Its something we are so acustomed too and a lot of people honestly dont realize there is a negative impact to wildlife for balloon releases.

I like the planting trees or planting something as a good alternative for a group gathering.

I have those flameless candles that work on battery and for special events that I cannot attend I virtually light my candle to join the event virtually.

https://balloonsblow.org/environmentally-friendly-alternatives/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members