Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the defence lawyer assigned to DG or chosen by himself?

I'm back!

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 3m3 minutes ago
Afternoon session in #Garland still hasn't started.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 20m20 minutes ago
Delay in #Garland closing arguments this aft. Should be back shortly

Was the defence lawyer assigned to DG or chosen by himself?
Kim Ross seems to be a private Defense lawyer as opposed to a public defender, so I'm assuming he was hired by Garland.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 46s47 seconds ago
Still waiting on defence for their closing argument in #Garland trial #yyc

Kim Ross seems to be a private Defense lawyer as opposed to a public defender, so I'm assuming he was hired by Garland.
All lawyers can choose to take legal aid; however, it's not always easy to get approved, especially if your family has assets.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

For some reason I have the idea that you can't just change your plea. You have to ask permission and provide a rationale to do that. I could 100% be wrong on this, but I have it in my head for some reason. IDK.

:waiting:

For some reason I have the idea that you can't just change your plea. You have to ask permission and provide a rationale to do that. I could 100% be wrong on this, but I have it in my head for some reason. IDK.

:waiting:

The decision on whether to accept it is at the sole discretion of the judge. I was thinking perhaps he's about to try a plea bargain now

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 30s30 seconds ago
We're just a couple of minutes away from #Garland defence lawyer Kim Ross giving his closing arguments.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Here we go again - just getting judge and jury back in courtroom #Garland

While we are waiting, this is the picture marmot4 posted last night, who said after magnifying something could be seen that is sinister(?) at the end of the truck bed, end of the white thing. I think Princessbutter said she saw it clearly. I can't tell. Anyone could point out?

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 90
Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 47s47 seconds ago
After a lengthy delay, jury is now being brought in for the closing argument from the defence. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Jury now coming in to hear defence submissions. #Garland

While we are waiting, this is the picture marmot4 posted last night, who said after magnifying something could be seen that is sinister(?) at the end of the truck bed, end of the white thing. I think Princessbutter said she saw it clearly. I can't tell. Anyone could point out?
It wasn't me 😊

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 25s25 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Kim Ross now addressing the jury #Garland @CTVCalgary

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 29s29 seconds ago
Justice Gates apologizes to jurors for delay, Kim Ross has now started. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 34s34 seconds ago
Judge tells jury delay is his responsibility. He asked for something. Apologizes. #Garland

I see something.... in the doors to what looks like a firehall?

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 39s40 seconds ago
Ross: "#Garland is entitled to the presumption of innocence”

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 43s44 seconds ago
"We have a few things to say about that," says Ross to jury of the Crown's theory. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 45s46 seconds ago
Ross addressing #Garland's grudge against Alvin Liknes for six years. "Mr. Garland is entitled to the presumption of innocence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme