Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked earlier but does anyone know if they ever released the video of the figure walking to and from the Liknes residence? And if not, why not?

I thought I remembered from the testimony that you could barely make out a figure on the way there because it was dark but it was much easier when he was leaving because it had started to get light out. So how can the Defence say that he didn't have anything with him on the way there. And of course he didn't have anything with him on the way back to the truck because he was bringing the truck to the house to pick up his "cargo" and his supplies.

MOO

Don't take it personally. I was discussing the prosecutors, and I do know how they spend their time.

It was a very personal comment - how else should I "take it". You were discussing the prosecutors in a very derogatory way and then suggested I ask them next time I have drinks with them on a Friday. Enough to drive a person to drink these comments!

And now we know what DG was thinking and writing all along. "Hey...they didn't notice there were no shavings when I so carefully made sure to clean them up". "Hey...they never mentioned that they didn't find a drill". "Hey...those weren't "bodies" in the truck. Those people were alive! And that's a fact". "Hey...they didn't find that Walmart purchase because I got those shoes for Christmas in 2010. Good thing they didn't ask my Mom if she bought them for me".

I bet we could come up with a lot more. ;)

MOO

Priceless quote!

I asked earlier but does anyone know if they ever released the video of the figure walking to and from the Liknes residence? And if not, why not?

I thought I remembered from the testimony that you could barely make out a figure on the way there because it was dark but it was much easier when he was leaving because it had started to get light out. So how can the Defence say that he didn't have anything with him on the way there. And of course he didn't have anything with him on the way back to the truck because he was bringing the truck to the house to pick up his "cargo" and his supplies.

MOO

Good point! If he wasn't clearly visible it's arguable either way.

It was a very personal comment - how else should I "take it". You were discussing the prosecutors in a very derogatory way and then suggested I ask them next time I have drinks with them on a Friday. Enough to drive a person to drink these comments!

Sorry ... didn't mean to offend. Prosecutors are no different than anyone else - the public persona, and the private persona.

attachment.php

Here's a close up of the truck - I agree the white "thing" looks rigid and not necessarily a tarp

I found the link which is a slightly different picture of the same view of the truck and I think it may have come out a little clearer. If you zoom in way close on this one and look in the end of the white covering......

I hope I am not seeing what I think it is. Have to zoom way way in.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109747&stc=1

Sorry ... didn't mean to offend. Prosecutors are no different than anyone else - the public persona, and the private persona.

My private and public persona are one and the same just for the record. Luckily I don't hold grudges - not for 7 minutes or 7 years.

I found the link which is a slightly different picture of the same view of the truck and I think it may have come out a little clearer. If you zoom in way close on this one and look in the end of the white covering......

I hope I am not seeing what I think it is.

Ha ha ha If you look at the time 05:21;20 that is exactly the same shot LOL. I can't see what you are referring to though. I will try and blow up my screen grab

And now we know what DG was thinking and writing all along. "Hey...they didn't notice there were no shavings when I so carefully made sure to clean them up". "Hey...they never mentioned that they didn't find a drill". "Hey...those weren't "bodies" in the truck. Those people were alive! And that's a fact". "Hey...they didn't find that Walmart purchase because I got those shoes for Christmas in 2010. Good thing they didn't ask my Mom if she bought them for me".

I bet we could come up with a lot more. ;)

MOO

Ok this totally made me crack up and a little laughter is needed when following a trial like this!

Ha ha ha If you look at the time 05:21;20 that is exactly the same shot LOL. I can't see what you are referring to though. I will try and blow up my screen grab

I can't see anything either and it is driving me crazy! I'm never good at making things out of these grainy pictures used during trials.

I hope I am not seeing what I think it is. Have to zoom way way in.

OK I did zoom over 200% and although I see 2 mounds I can't discern what they are. Do you want to tell us what you think you see?

It is but maybe someone used some software on the other one because the front of the truck is chopped off a little in the one I was looking at and the one you had had more of the truck. For some reason the one I was viewing seems to be slightly clearer.

Its either that or Im going crazy from this trial. LOL

OK I did zoom over 200% and although I see 2 mounds I can't discern what they are. Do you want to tell us what you think you see?

Yes some sort of mounds seem to be visible hanging out the end.

I was assuming the worse and thinking it could be the bodies themselves and he just threw that metal sheet over them maybe.

I probably just need a break from the trial. :)

Ok this totally made me crack up and a little laughter is needed when following a trial like this!

Exactly. The absurdity of some of this stuff just makes you want to release the tension with a little humour. We all knew that his defence team were going to have to say something, but some of the stuff they were throwing out there was...well absurd. Almost as if they got some of it from their rather "odd" client.

MOO

Well I don't know about you guys but if 3 dead bodies showed up at my farm I'd be calling the damn cops. Unless of course I knew the bodies and had a grudge against them and had a "better" idea of what to do with them.....jus sayin. You know since defense was so strongly stating there was no grudge but didn't seem fast to deny the bodies on the farm and what took place there.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Also I hope the jury doesn't forget about this little nugget of info....truck drove in the alley way. Easily could have dropped off his capture kit and suit to retrieve after walking back to the residence. Again since defense wanted to point out the figure wasn't carrying anything. Likely another thing DG wrote down. "Notice how I'm not carrying anything because I previously stashed it" all smug like. Imo.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 38s39 seconds ago
Bouchard says he believes the truck passed through the alleyway behind the Liknes home. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 8s9 seconds ago
Bouchard; said it was difficult to make out-but believes the green truck also drove through the alley behind the Liknes home #Garland

Also I hope the jury doesn't forget about this little nugget of info....truck drove in the alley way. Easily could have dropped off his capture kit and suit to retrieve after walking back to the residence. Again since defense wanted to point out the figure wasn't carrying anything. Likely another thing DG wrote down. "Notice how I'm not carrying anything because I previously stashed it" all smug like. Imo.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 38s39 seconds ago
Bouchard says he believes the truck passed through the alleyway behind the Liknes home. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 8s9 seconds ago
Bouchard; said it was difficult to make out-but believes the green truck also drove through the alley behind the Liknes home #Garland

Good catch! there is a reasonable explanation for everything Ross was questioning imo. Of course the crown is not going to have every detail of how things went down that night.

It seems the investigators didn't try to find all the trucks of the exact same model and color registered to eliminate others? In Dan Markel's case, that's what they did with the Prius rental car driven by the hitmen.

It seems the investigators didn't try to find all the trucks of the exact same model and color registered to eliminate others? In Dan Markel's case, that's what they did with the Prius rental car driven by the hitmen.
Why would they when DNA matching Kathy's came back from behind the licence plate?

Probably not too many people driving around that exact model of an old rusted green truck. Kathy's DNA was found under the truck bed liner and behind the license plate so I'm 100% sure they have the right truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay