Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! perhaps you or a native Canadian can help me with pronunciations? Slough--is it sloff or slew, and how do you pronounce Airdrie? Again, thank you!

Hi southsleuth - it's "slew" and "air dree." HTH

You've got a few things mixed up there.

He wasn't arrested driving the truck. He was arrested at the rural home. I guess technically he wasn't really "arrested" at all according to LE. But they said he questioned him about the family's disappearance and that's the reason he was taken into custody. They then let him go, but shortly took him back into custody for an identity theft charge.

Thanks Kitty, Not sure where I got that info. I thought he had been stopped driving the truck.

LOL Well, us Canadians do have a reputation for being helpful. Apparently it's warranted!

My mind still keeps going back to what happened to Tim Bosma, and I don't like it one bit. I fear what may have happened to not only NO and his grandparents, but also the POI's parents. I fear there may be burnt remains scattered throughout the area. :( I so hope I'm wrong. :sick:

As stated in prior post, poi parents are okay according to their Pastor

Orange flags have been placed in various areas on the three different parcels of land that have been searched. Has anyone see Forensics officers or other officers going out to these flags after the search groups have cleared out?

Thanks Kitty, Not sure where I got that info. I thought he had been stopped driving the truck.

A neighbour reported him to police because they recognized the truck as DG's. Police went to the home this past friday night and removed both DG and the truck from the property. No word where the truck is now exactly.

I have just been reading for the last few days... Just wanted to jump in and say hello. I am praying that they find all 3 safe and well. This is just so heartbreaking.

:welcome: Lisap!

:seeya:

As stated in prior post, poi parents are okay according to their Pastor

I know the parents are hurting beyond belief, but I am so glad they are physically OK. I shudder to think what could have happened to them in the grand scheme of things. It sounds like their Pastor and hopefully, close friends are holding them tight!

First time post - but have been following the story since last Wednesday. I agree with dyannaON on this thought. I live in Airdrie and there is a lot of daylight left. My guess is that they have found something either in the slough or in the field and are looking to retrieve it without media attention at this point. There has been too much activity and a lot of additional resources brought in today to imagine it was without good reason... IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:welcome: Boosmom!

:seeya:

The 5:00pm update on CTV Calgary didn't offer anything new that we haven't shared/discussed here, with the exception of some footage of Nathan's father leaving the courthouse. Just him walking. No audio was played from him.

There will be another update at 5:30.

Twitter has gone strangely quiet. Nothing about the tow truck after it arrived, nothing about the slough or officers leaving that area. The third search area seemed to be the focus of media for about an hour and then nothing at all.

Here's what was shared on the 5:30pm CTV Calgary update:

Described the vehicle near the slough as an "abandoned black SUV".

Reporter live on scene said that even though they were told the search is done for the day, a few minutes ago they saw rcmp/cps officers & vehicle drive back to the 3rd search location and are in the field now.

DG will have a bail hearing on Wednesday for his identity theft charges.

Parkhill neighbours are displaying green ribbons on their homes to show support for Nathan & his grandparents.

What I'd like to know:

What sort of tips are the cops going on? Family fed or Public fed tips? Did someone in the L/O family recognize the truck? Where is their family spokesperson? Why are there still no stories about the adult victims to paint a picture of who they are? Are the family cooperating? Are there some who are not? Has anyone obtained a lawyer other than DG? Have investigators finished analyzing the L's vehicle(s)?

Been reading lots, but this is my first post here in a long time, I've been a member since the Laci Peterson days, hasn't been a case since that has caught my attention like this one.

Very good questions DaisyBlantyre....I'd like to know too. In almost every missing person/major crime case like this there is a family spokesperson, maybe it's an uncle, maybe it's someone outside the family that they've hired, but I think it's weird that there's no one in this case. Just wondering why the silence from the family? What do they know/have they been told that we don't? Also weird that we've heard so little about the missing, we know Nathan is a bright, friendly, helpful boy but what about his grandparents? The only thing I remember hearing about them is a neighbour in Calgary was kinda ticked that they were moving away....happy for them, but sad to be losing good neighbours.

Hoping against hope there's a happy outcome here.

Been reading lots, but this is my first post here in a long time, I've been a member since the Laci Peterson days, hasn't been a case since that has caught my attention like this one.

Very good questions DaisyBlantyre....I'd like to know too. In almost every missing person/major crime case like this there is a family spokesperson, maybe it's an uncle, maybe it's someone outside the family that they've hired, but I think it's weird that there's no one in this case. Just wondering why the silence from the family? What do they know/have they been told that we don't? Also weird that we've heard so little about the missing, we know Nathan is a bright, friendly, helpful boy but what about his grandparents? The only thing I remember hearing about them is a neighbour in Calgary was kinda ticked that they were moving away....happy for them, but sad to be losing good neighbours.

Hoping against hope there's a happy outcome here.

I agree, Luanne.

-Why aren't the journalists questioning LE about the lengthy amber alert? It's crazy.

-It's confusing. The general public hears there is an "arrest" or a POI in custody, big search thing on, nothing released by LE saying keep your eyes and ears open, the family is still out there, no appeals from the family. The general public thinks the POI has done something and yet the Amber alert is still in effect. I just worry it will affect future amber alerts.

-Where are Nathan, Alvin and Kathy? I love the coverage by the media, they are doing everything they can. But, please. We need the victims in this crime to be heard. We need to be reminded why we are all transfixed on this tragedy. The VICTIMS.

-What can we do? What do we need to do to help? We need more info. Seriously. Please.

All my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member