Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link or can someone post the picture of the drag marks please

They are in one or more of the previous threads, I am trying to find them. But maybe someone else has the pictures saved, or knows which of the threads they are on?

It has been reported that DG has Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). Is there a proper diagnosis or was this a helpful tool in his previous trial to gain leverage and sympathy and recall that he represented himself to the courts and that requires a great deal of attention to detail and intellect. If DG is as brilliant as it has been reported he would be smart enough to fake a diagnosis of ADD. My suspicion is that he does not have ADD but rather more like a mad scientist personality bordering on brilliant.

Stephanie Brennan
@CTVStephBrennan

Detectives and Airdrie FD arrive back at Garland family home to continue their search. 11 days since Nathan O'Brien & grandparent last seen
7:12 a.m. Thu, Jul 10

I can't help but think that someone of DG's age, who in my estimation looks a bit frail (?) in the sketch, would not have the stamina or physical ability to carry out anything violent against even one person. Do we have statistics on the ages of perpetrators of violent crimes?
It would make sense that more than one individual was involved in this, and the other(s) involved would be in their prime.

Hello,

I've been following along since thread #1 and am impressed with the work you've all done. You've been ahead of the media.

I've been thinking about the day kittymeow went to the Airdrie location (nice reporting, kittymeow!) and said that the police were asking for the word to be spread that they were there searching the property.

Why would they do that? After having already been there for about 12 hours with no one the wiser, except for the immediate neighbours. So first they wanted no publicity, then they wanted lots. Why not just contact the media themselves?

Could they have been trying to send someone a message via the media? Either to DG or a potential accomplice? Something like, we basically know what happened, we basically know who's involved, and we're going to get you. It just seems to me like it might have been some sort of pressure tactic.

Or maybe they were just trying to show the public that they've been making progress..... IDK

IIRC, there was a poster who asked about spreading what word after KM's post and the answer from KM was that LE meant that it was okay for the media to be at the farm to cover the story, so let other reporters know it's okay to be there.

This was my understanding.

I feel bad for DGs parents. Their home is likely ransacked, they aren't allowed back in yet. That's gotta be stressful on anyone, especially an elderly couple.

No forced entry, drag marks, dark stains, house upside down, lights left on, abduction of three, yet perp not the least bit concerned about being seen in these areas outside the home. No concern regarding cars passing by, neighbours putting recyling to the curb, shift workers returning home. If this is one person, this would have taken some time to pull off. Still wondering if doors were closed/locked? With so much going on, why would a perp even bother to close the door? Also wondering if NO's footwear was missing? IMO

I can't help but think that someone of DG's age, who in my estimation looks a bit frail (?) in the sketch, would not have the stamina or physical ability to carry out anything violent against even one person. Do we have statistics on the ages of perpetrators of violent crimes?
It would make sense that more than one individual was involved in this, and the other(s) involved would be in their prime.

It could be argued that drag marks indicate someone NOT in their prime, who couldn't simply carry 100 to 200 pounds over their shoulder. In reality, to subdue someone, time how long it takes you to grab the closest heavy object to you, and swing it 6 times. 20 seconds? 40 seconds? As much as everyone likes the neat and tidy CSI answers, reality is not as absolute.

No forced entry, drag marks, dark stains, house upside down, lights left on, abduction of three, yet perp not the least bit concerned about being seen in these areas outside the home. No concern regarding cars passing by, neighbours putting recyling to the curb, shift workers returning home. If this is one person, this would have taken some time to pull off. Still wondering if doors were closed/locked? With so much going on, why would a perp even bother to close the door? Also wondering if NO's footwear was missing? IMO

Great question.
Assuming NO would most likely only have one pair of shoes at the L home (the ones he went there in) it would be very simple to determine this... Unfortunately this has not been released and I am confident it will not.

Someone yesterday was looking for a photo of evidence taken from the landfill site. I have located a picture and it shows what appears to be a blanket or bed duvet cover in a white bag being carried by LE away from the landfill site.

View attachment 54572

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/09/police-search-moves-to-dump

Has anybody found the original MLS listing for the grandparents' house? Or who the selling agent was? I'd be interested to see interior pictures of the house before it was packed up - and if that comforter appears in any of the listing pictures.

Has anybody found the original MLS listing for the grandparents' house? Or who the selling agent was? I'd be interested to see interior pictures of the house before it was packed up - and if that comforter appears in any of the listing pictures.

in the first thread there was a kijiji link to the estate sale and i do recall some pictures of furniture that was being sold, I will go back and see if i can find the link and repost it here

Their ads: http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

I didnt not see anything in any of the images to suggest that the blanket in the bag from the landfil is theirs, perhaps if someone could find the original realestate listing it may be there

I think this was addressed in an earlier thread but I believe it was a private sale and did not go through MLS as no listing has been located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member