CANADA Canada- Amanda Antoni, 31, found dead in her basement, considered suspicious but ruled an accidental fall down stairs, Calgary, 26/10/15, *Netflix*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please, translate with Google!
Thanks for the post! I may be going overboard and dissecting language too much here but I caught this in the article paraphrased from the Netflix doc from the investigator:

"It seemed obvious that she had a serious head injury, on the right side of her face up to her forehead."

*Sorry graphic*: that sounds like a big wound - could mean a gash, smash, gouge or almost sounds like a slice. It's no wonder she bled so much, that wound sounded quite big :(

I followed up with an AAA architect about the absence of railing at the stairs (circled area in photo) and that is not allowed. Absence of railing is allowed for ledge/deck/balcony that is 2 feet above the ground, but not as it was designed in this house.

If Amanda's death is decided to be an accident, and the stairs were a critical factor in her death, her husband should contact a lawyer about having the cause of death officially declared an accident. Then a lawyer should proceed with suing the builder and landlord (??) for wrongful death per the date of the determination, not the actual date of death.

Attachments

• 1723490291601.png
    1723490291601.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 7
Snagged these pics from another place for reference:

View attachment 524128
View attachment 524127
Thank you! That is dangerous. It makes it a little easier to envision how it is possible to trip or fall over the edge and then continue tumbling down to the concrete floor.

Her husband needs a good lawyer and he should look for compensation ... if it is decided to be an accident.

It’s so odd to me that she could hit the piggy bank hard enough to cut her badly and for there to be pieces all over the stairs yet it stayed on the ledge!
Exactly, right? She fell hard enough to have pieces embedded in her face but the rest of the piggy bank remained unscathed and undisturbed? The odds of that happening have to be very close to zero.

I haven’t watched the Netflix show yet but I did wonder if the piggy bank (sheep?) was a red herring and had been broken in a previous unrelated incident.
Also the trouser's being down is odd unless she was on the loo or having some ‘me time’ with her best underwear on whilst on the phone to hubby. Smoking a joint. Maybe unlikely if she had a migraine though
All very strange if you take into account phone , chair etc as well

Pieces of shattered piggybank were found lodged in her face, if I recall correctly. Would be seemingly impossible to plant on her without leaving a trace.

Exactly, right? She fell hard enough to have pieces embedded in her face but the rest of the piggy bank remained unscathed and undisturbed? The odds of that happening have to be very close to zero.
It looks like a solid piggy bank. I'd like to see a photo of the sheep-piggy bank beforehand. Seeing how it was broken (before and after) would help to understand how it was hit. It's possible that she hit it at just the right angle to break the sheep's nose while simultaneously shoving the sheep-piggy bank into her forehead and the wall, rebounding, and going head first into the stairs so hard that clay piggy-bank fragments fell out of her head and were embedded on the stairs. Where was the piggy bank before she died?

Fragments of the missing nose of the sheep were embedded in her forehead, and were left on the stairs, suggesting that she tumbled head first, somersaulting down the stairs.

There's an exacto-knife on the shelf next to the piggy bank. If there was an intruder threatening death, why not use that? Was it also covered in dust?

How old was their black labrador retriever? They can be rambunctious.
Was Amanda right or left handed?

1723504451979.png
photos: Beliner-kurier.de and upthread

1723504759123.png

It's hard to imagine that she tripped into the stairwell.

She had migraine for a couple of days and was stoned while talking to her husband at the time that her phone disconnected. What were they talking about?

Did the dog jump on people, putting front paws on shoulders?

Pieces of shattered piggybank were found lodged in her face, if I recall correctly. Would be seemingly impossible to plant on her without leaving a trace.
She could've been struck with something else (object or fist) and then grabbed by the neck or hair and smashed into the piggy bank face first and that deadly slice/cut occured then kicked or pushed down the stairs. If she turned her head as a defensive, she would've struck that right side where fatal wound was. JMO MOO

It's hard to imagine that she tripped into the stairwell.

She had migraine for a couple of days and was stoned while talking to her husband at the time that her phone disconnected. What were they talking about?

Did the dog jump on people, putting front paws on shoulders?
I wonder context of texts and call as well. Was there a fight? Apparently she texted I love you but they were fighting here and there so that's hard to say.

I imagine LE checked where Amanda's cell pinged from to ensure she indeed sent those texts from her home and the call happened from her home.

Who knows, with migraine gone (IF there was an actual migraine and not an excuse) is there a chance she was out and talking to Lee from elsewhere then got home? Or she just got in the door at home and talking to Lee? Heck, I have to wonder even if she was being kept an eye on while he out of town at all. IIRC she went to the pharmacy and herbalist or something either that day or day before, I'd have to check again.

I don't mean to over post, I'm just hooked on this one and it's making me go in a few diretions! Ok, so I put arrows on the pics and take it with a grain of salt as I'm not super skilled at this :)

- To hit that piggy bank where it's broken she would almost be needing to be coming up the stairs (which is not my thought but the angle is messing with me).
- Or she was on that dangerous corner at top of stairs facing the laundry and fell sideways to hit her right side, or if fell she fell face first but turned her head to protect herself and smashed the right side?

1723524546856.png

I don't mean to over post, I'm just hooked on this one and it's making me go in a few diretions! Ok, so I put arrows on the pics and take it with a grain of salt as I'm not super skilled at this :)

- To hit that piggy bank where it's broken she would almost be needing to be coming up the stairs (which is not my thought but the angle is messing with me).
- Or she was on that dangerous corner at top of stairs facing the laundry and fell sideways to hit her right side, or if fell she fell face first but turned her head to protect herself and smashed the right side?

View attachment 524218
Nice job with the arrows! It just makes me wonder how the piggy bank stayed on the ledge if she hit it with such force.

And why did the phone cut off? Typically, if an accident, she would have dropped it in the fall but that shouldn’t have totally disconnected him, right?

Who knew she was alone? Who had motive and opportunity? The sister in law!

Nice job with the arrows! It just makes me wonder how the piggy bank stayed on the ledge if she hit it with such force.

And why did the phone cut off? Typically, if an accident, she would have dropped it in the fall but that shouldn’t have totally disconnected him, right?

Who knew she was alone? Who had motive and opportunity? The sister in law!
I wonder that too, why the piggy bank didn't topple or seem to move more.

My thought is about the phone, someone came in fast and grabbed the phone first and stomped on it with their heel/boot or whatever. That would kill the phone as I've seen it happen in real life and it killed the phone altogether.

I think I read somewhere the weather was cold enough that day in October most people would maybe be wearing gloves, hence no other prints possibly, JMO. No snow or rain I don't think for any shoes prints. IIRC police said no other DNA other than Amanda's in the basement, unsure about the kitchen, back door area though. I think they are keeping some info to themselves. MOO

I am suspicious of the SIL as well or someone she knew or both. MOO

I wonder that too, why the piggy bank didn't topple or seem to move more.

My thought is about the phone, someone came in fast and grabbed the phone first and stomped on it with their heel/boot or whatever. That would kill the phone as I've seen it happen in real life and it killed the phone altogether.

I think I read somewhere the weather was cold enough that day in October most people would maybe be wearing gloves, hence no other prints possibly, JMO. No snow or rain I don't think for any shoes prints. IIRC police said no other DNA other than Amanda's in the basement, unsure about the kitchen, back door area though. I think they are keeping some info to themselves. MOO

I am suspicious of the SIL as well or someone she knew or both. MOO
I agree 100% would th everything you said there.

Also…the steps were carpeted. And there were just a couple steps, then a small landing and then about 8 more steps. I don’t know, but the injuries just seem too traumatic for a stumble.

IMO, it’s more likely that she was pushed, shoved and/or kicked down those stairs.

Did anyone else have a spare set of house keys, such as someone in the family in case of emergencies?

Castleridge is such a sketchy area….i can’t believe she would have left the door unlocked when home alone on a dark, chilly October evening.

Who was able to walk right in?

Snagged these pics from another place for reference:

View attachment 524128
View attachment 524127
The piggy bank is placed exactly above the banister end incl. the metal bracket. I think, if she fell onto the piggy bank, she must have had injuries from the banister end and metal bracket also? If the piggy bank injured her outer eye socket/part of forehead, I imagine, the banister must have injured her cheek and her nose also. Piggy bank and banister end are so very near positioned; it's impossible, to have injuries only from one of these things, IMO.
They (LE) should have used a dummy with Amanda's body length/weight and drop/push it down from different starting points until the result is compatible with the findings by the pathologist. Do you all think, that was indeed done?

The piggy bank is placed exactly above the banister end incl. the metal bracket. I think, if she fell onto the piggy bank, she must have had injuries from the banister end and metal bracket also? If the piggy bank injured her outer eye socket/part of forehead, I imagine, the banister must have injured her cheek and her nose also. Piggy bank and banister end are so very near positioned; it's impossible, to have injuries only from one of these things, IMO.
They (LE) should have used a dummy with Amanda's body length/weight and drop/push it down from different starting points until the result is compatible with the findings by the pathologist. Do you all think, that was indeed done?
That’s a great point, about tying to recreate the fall by pushing a dummy. I would think that professional investigators would have tried that already, but maybe not!

Also, does anyone think it’s strange that no other items fell off the ledge and into the stairs when she supposedly fell into the piggy bank?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back