GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe check in on the thread at Unsolved Canada...

'We made mud pies together'
Lifelong friend at wits end with worry over missing New Glasgow girl
Fri, Oct 14 - 5:03 AM

NEW GLASGOW — These last five days, Katelyn Taplin’s mind has swung unsteadily between fear and memories — each with its own pain.

Fear of what caused her friend Amber Kirwan to vanish from a New Glasgow street early Sunday morning.

Memories that reach back to being a four-year-old staring through her parents’ backyard fence at her new neighbour, Kirwan, who was staring back.

"We begged our parents to let us play together," Taplin, now 19, said Thursday evening as she helped hand out Missing posters.

"We made mud pies together."

After a Saturday night out with friends, Kirwan left Dooly’s pool hall in New Glasgow at about 1:30 a.m. walking toward Big Al’s convenience store, less than half a kilometre away, to meet her boyfriend, Mason Campbell.

Campbell, who said she’d called him to pick her up and drive her home, says she never arrived.

"It’s not like her to disappear," he said Thursday.

"She’s a very timid person and she never goes anywhere alone."

New Glasgow is in shock.

[More at link]

Still no answers
October 13, 2011

snipped...

...New Glasgow Police Constable Ken MacDonald said Kirwan's disappearance is being treated as a missing person's case and if police were concerned about the public's safety, a bulletin would have been issued.

[much more at link]

No ground search for missing New Glasgow woman
Oct 13, 2011 11:18 PM

snipped...

Ground searches for missing New Glasgow woman Amber Kirwan didn't appear to be conducted Thursday, but police say the investigation into her disappearance is ongoing.

Police are going over evidence and tips found in the past few days.

Kirwan, 19, was last seen at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she left her friends at Dooly's pool hall to meet her boyfriend Mason Campbell

Campbell is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Dooly's manager Chasity MacKinnon said she couldn't get it off her mind.

"I mean, we have eight staff, nine staff working at one time and just for no one to see her leave. It's upsetting," MacKinnon told CBC News.

She provided police the last glimpse of Kirwin from a security camera. MacKinnon said security footage shows Kirwan walking alone towards Big Al's Convenience.

Am I reading this right? She didn't meet him that night, and, he went home and contacted friends again in the morning? That's when they (he and the friends) really started worrying? Do I have that right?

I've been around the block and back a few times, and, I've had some really lousy boyfriends, but, I cannot imagine any one of them going home and not contacting people/friends again until the next morning. I can't imagine them going home at all, other than to check to see if I was there. Certainly not going to bed without knowing where I was.

Really trying to not blame the bf but...

Please tell me I've got it all wrong.

Not knowing what question was asked of Mason in this interview Hazel posted makes it a little tough to understand the context but he did say he hadn't slept since Saturday...

What did the bf do after he texted the friend that night?
Did he just go home? Was he worried thinking why she was not calling him? Was he able to sleep that night, knowing that it was uncharacteristic of Amber to disappear like that?

bf interviewed starting around the 02:26 mark: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/NS/1305553631/ID=2152567925

I haven't slept since Saturday I had you know I have been having trouble remembering what I've done from the time she went missing to the next day when I started searching I've had trouble picking out bits and pieces of what I was doing completely that day but for the most part they have every bit of my information, everything I've done, any thing I've you know...any leads I've followed up on any calls I've gotten you know they know everything...

Ground searches for missing New Glasgow woman Amber Kirwan didn't appear to be conducted Thursday, but police say the investigation into her disappearance is ongoing.

Police are going over evidence and tips found in the past few days.

Kirwan, 19, was last seen at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she left her friends at Dooly's pool hall to meet her boyfriend Mason Campbell.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/13/ns-ground-search-amber-kirwan.html

Amber still needs to be found so hopefully they will regroup and get some ground searches underway over the weekend. MOO is that police/RCMP have some good leads and they are just ensuring that all is lined up ....... but where is Amber?

Campbell is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Dooly's manager Chasity MacKinnon said she couldn't get it off her mind.

ETA Just noticed you posted the same info earlier Tarabull

When I read he had her cell phone, my hinky meter sky rocketed. What teenager leaves their cell phone ?

When I read he had her cell phone, my hinky meter sky rocketed. What teenager leaves their cell phone ?

None that I know of ..... he has her cell phone and took immediate control of her facebook page as well.

Am fearful that Amber is no longer with us.

There's a collection of things that made my hair stand up and quick - having control of Amber's personal FB page (!!!!) and the rules he laid out for the admin of the FB group upon it's formation - ALL tips to be forwarded 1st to the police (but of course) and 2nd to him!!!!! eye yey yey!!!!!! The way he was explaining how it would work & is set-up - he'd be getting the notices to his phone so he would know what was going on while out following leads...real high tech dude - about then the word "orchestrating" crossed my mind - got me wondering since he seemed to have control over both her phone and facebook (so quickly), was he monitoring her business before she went missing?????!!!!

:waitasec:

All my own crazy thoughts and opinions of course...

(ETA: I'll get some more cups for the koolaid)

There's a collection of things that made my hair stand up and quick - having control of Amber's personal FB page (!!!!) and the rules he laid out for the admin of the FB group upon it's formation - ALL tips to be forwarded 1st to the police (but of course) and 2nd to him!!!!! eye yey yey!!!!!! The way he was explaining how it would work & is set-up - he'd be getting the notices to his phone so he would know what was going on while out following leads...real high tech dude - about then the word "orchestrating" crossed my mind - got me wondering since he seemed to have control over both her phone and facebook (so quickly), was he monitoring her business before she went missing?????!!!!

:waitasec:

All my own crazy thoughts and opinions of course...

(ETA: I'll get some more cups for the koolaid)

Where did you see this information about the bf?

I am sure the police are monitoring everything he does, including where he goes, and all his online and cellular activity. They do seem to be giving him a lot of leeway. They either believe he is not involved, or they are giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Is there a picture of the boyfriend in any of the links? TIA

Sweetaboo: He's been named a POI in the case

I am sure the police are monitoring everything he does, including where he goes, and all his online and cellular activity. They do seem to be giving him a lot of leeway. They either believe he is not involved, or they are giving him enough rope to hang himself.

He posted it to the admin girl back in the beginning and IIRC he did so from Amber's FB!!!!!! not HIS own!!!! I keep trying to go back for it, (& ss!!) but dayum it's a loooooooooooooong way back to the beginning.

Hope someone else was paying attention and can help me find it.....

Setting the noose me thinks ...moo.

Do we know why the BF didn't go with her to the pool hall? Sorry I've been following Baby Lisa and Holly Bobo cases and haven't been up to speed on this one.

Amber is such a beautiful girl. If he is responsible, it may have been a jealous rage. Did he see her with some other guy?

Do we know why the BF didn't go with her to the pool hall? Sorry I've been following Baby Lisa and Holly Bobo cases and haven't been up to speed on this one.

Amber is such a beautiful girl. If he is responsible, it may have been a jealous rage. Did he see her with some other guy?

Only thing I read on MSM about them going separate ways that night was that he had something else to do but that he always encouraged her to hang with her friends.....we need to find the exact quote in msm as I think he said that Amber was not too fond of this idea. MOO is that there was a big blowup that night and perhaps he picked her up before she got to Big Al's .... all conjecture of course. Also am thinking that perhaps someone at Dooly's may have flipped a picture of Amber with somebody else at the bar that night which may have produced a bit of a rage .... all conjecture once again.

Only thing I read on MSM about them going separate ways that night was that he had something else to do but that he always encouraged her to hang with her friends.....we need to find the exact quote in msm as I think he said that Amber was not too fond of this idea. MOO is that there was a big blowup that night and perhaps he picked her up before she got to Big Al's .... all conjecture of course. Also am thinking that perhaps someone at Dooly's may have flipped a picture of Amber with somebody else at the bar that night which may have produced a bit of a rage .... all conjecture once again.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, 9 Oct 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove