GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Approx. 7.5 hours. Well done Jurors. Well done :loveyou:

Yay!!
I am so relieved....
Justice was done....!
So proud of the jury, judge, prosecutors, witnesses etc.
My thoughts and prayers are with Amber's family, friends and all of us who followed this case hoping for justice... A beautiful, darling, iinocent girl was senselessly and brutally taken from this world and my heart goes out knowing that the pain and loss will always be felt..
But it is so good to know that justice will be served to the evil perpetrator...

Wishing strength... And sending love to all those whose lives Amber was able to touch with her beautiful gentle smile and spirit....know that her presence and love live on in all that is good in this world... Always.
Dance lightly with the angels precious girl...
Thank you so much for this beautifully written and heartfelt post.

Bolded by me: I humbly join you in this wish.

Natasha is still tweeting

https://twitter.com/NatashaPace

Where are you Truth P.? We all have some (bittersweet) celebrating to do :seeya:
Sorry, everything seemed calm in here; so I went away to compose myself.

I was a lot more worried than I wanted to admit.

I'm so proud of the jury for connecting the dots, and using their common sense.

I absolutely agree with the verdict.

Although I am elated with the verdict my heart breaks for those who luved Amber. First is the horror of Amber missing. As time passes the realization she may never come home. Then Amber is found. The terrible horror she had been murdered. Horrifying grief sets in. Some how and in some way they find a "new normal" as time passes. The Trial brings it all back. Every horrific detail. Family sits a mere few feet away from the accused and endures the details. Verdict. Then they go home.........I just cant even imagine.

Although I am elated with the verdict my heart breaks for those who luved Amber. First is the horror of Amber missing. As time passes the realization she may never come home. Then Amber is found. The terrible horror she had been murdered. Horrifying grief sets in. Some how and in some way they find a "new normal" as time passes. The Trial brings it all back. Every horrific detail. Family sits a mere few feet away from the accused and endures the details. Verdict. Then they go home.........I just cant even imagine.
Yes, I think while there may be some initial relief in knowing that the murderer of your child is behind bars; I know the pain of their loss just closes back in.

And their loss is forever. The thought of their pain is unbearable really.

Justice seems so insignificant; yet it is all society can do. I would take it every time, over seeing nothing done.

I would like to see stiffer sentences, though.

IMO 25 years (plus the years for parole violation) from now Falconer will be denied release.

Good. I'm glad the jury took their time. I'd have been in and out of there in three seconds.

Can he be declared a dangerous offender and kept imprisoned forever? What's the drill to make this happen?

This is a good video. Watch at about about :53 seconds in--Falconer's father and step-mother barrel out of the court room; and she snarls for the press to "go away." Notice Falconer's father.

Statement by Crown attorney, Bill Gorman: "The evidence trail basically stops at Christopher Falconer."

CTV News | VIDEO Incl. | Guilty verdict in Amber Kirwan's murder won't erase family's pain, Crown says.

Melanie Patten, The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:43PM EST
Last Updated Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:38PM EST

PICTOU, N.S. -- A conviction in the slaying of Amber Kirwan cannot erase the pain still felt by her loved ones, the Crown said Tuesday as the young woman's killer was found guilty of first-degree murder.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/guilty...on-t-erase-family-s-pain-crown-says-1.1659593

Very short article from the Advocate, but I suppose there really wasn't much to say.

She never did do a write-up on the jury instructions, either. I guess we were very lucky to have the tweets.
-----

Pictou Advocate | Falconer found guilty
Posted on January 28, 2014 Debbi Harvie

258cf84.jpg

Christopher Alexander Falconer has been found guilty of first degree murder.

http://www.pictouadvocate.com/2014/01/28/falconer-found-guilty/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips