Found Deceased CANADA - Andrew Edy, 22, vanished after leaving hospital w/o shoes/jacket, Calgary, AB, 8 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Parents of missing Calgary man appeal to public for help

22-year-old Andrew Edy went missing on October 8 when he was seen leaving the Rockyview General Hospital without shoes or a jacket.

upload_2018-10-15_1-33-17.jpegupload_2018-10-15_1-37-43.jpeg

His parents, Brian and Patricia are now asking for more help from the public to look around on their property to see if he could be hiding anywhere.

“He could be hiding in a backyard or a shed or in a building,” said Patricia. “We’re just asking people to check their properties and make sure that there isn’t anybody there.”

She says that Andrew would not hurt anyone and he’s probably just frightened.

CTV Calgary

Elboya Heights Britannia Community Association

Why would Andrew be frightened and hiding from people and is that the reason why he was in the hospital. I hope he has found a place to stay warm and provides some food.

I hope so, too. I’m very worried about this young man:

“Police say Andrew Edy was last seen leaving the Rockyview General Hospital on foot around 6:30 a.m. on Monday.

Parents Brian and Patricia Edy say their 22-year-old son was having a mental health crisis at the time of his disappearance, adding Andrew was wearing a T-shirt, black jeans and no shoes when he left the hospital.

‘He is a lovely, personable guy; he’s very charming, great social skills,’ Patricia told Postmedia. ‘Unfortunately he wasn’t in a great state of mind so he might be . . . very frightened.’

Brian said police, along with Andrew’s family and friends, have been searching the communities and wooded areas near where Andrew was last seen.” (BBM)

Family of missing Calgary man asking for volunteers to help in search

It concerns me very much that the hospital is right on the water ...:

Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 St SW, Calgary, AB T2V 1P9, Canada
+1 403-943-3000
Google Maps

upload_2018-10-14_21-34-3.jpeg

I’m in Calgary. We’ve had a ton of unseasonal, significant snow and the 8th was the worst of it. I’d be happy to help with a search. I’m nervous about his being barefoot and no jacket.. for over a week in the freezing temps.
Oh sweet Andrew, please be ok. I’ll share his face with everyone I see. His missing posters are all over downtown. Id be curious what area of Calgary he’s most familiar with, NE? The South?

There have been possible sightings in Calgary's downtown area, including on a C-train. It is highly likely that he remains in Calgary, though his father says there's a chance he could be headed for Kelowna.

Search parties have checked places like The Mustard Seed, hoping he'd gone there to get warmer clothing, but to no avail so far.

Anyone with information about Edy's whereabouts is asked to contact the police non-emergency number, 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Calgary Police searching for missing 22-year-old Andrew Edy

I’m in Calgary. We’ve had a ton of unseasonal, significant snow and the 8th was the worst of it. I’d be happy to help with a search. I’m nervous about his being barefoot and no jacket.. for over a week in the freezing temps.
Oh sweet Andrew, please be ok. I’ll share his face with everyone I see. His missing posters are all over downtown. Id be curious what area of Calgary he’s most familiar with, NE? The South?
It’s wonderful to hear that posters are up.

There is quite a bit of information as to the areas of Calgary the family would like searched and who to contact regarding the search efforts in comments under a post on the Calgary Herald FB page:
Calgary Herald

I hope you stay dry and warm!

I joined the search groups but am curious if anyone has info on the way they determined the city sections to be searched? I personally think if he left the hospital on foot with no ride or plan and was not heard from it may be suicide or possibly better to search the wooded areas surrounding the resovior behind the hospital. Im wondering what if any reason has been given to search in the quite largly populated public areas all over the city.

Any updates on Andrew. Maybe he is hiding out in homeless shelters.

Homeless shelters have mandatory sign-in.

If he was in the Glenmore Reservoir, the city's water supply, he would have been found by now. The Calgary Rowing Club trains and recreates in the reservoir throughout the day and would have noticed a body in the reservoir near the hospital.

If he hitched a ride, it would have been reported simply because a barefoot hitchhiker would have been noticed.

I wonder if he could still be near the hospital. Several patients have wandered away from the hospital. Some are found nearby, and others wander quite a ways. If suicide was the goal, there's no reason to walk too far.

I’m not a FB kinda girl, but if there is a find Andrew page someone here should invite his family here. Just so they know there is help and advice out here for them. I can’t imagine the terror they’re feeling.

I joined the search groups but am curious if anyone has info on the way they determined the city sections to be searched? I personally think if he left the hospital on foot with no ride or plan and was not heard from it may be suicide or possibly better to search the wooded areas surrounding the resovior behind the hospital. Im wondering what if any reason has been given to search in the quite largly populated public areas all over the city.

I have to agree. When I first read this, my thoughts were a mix between suicide and possibly died from exposure, or at least wandered away into the wilderness.

Although, he could be in the city if he is now living homeless. Many who struggle with their mental health end up homeless and cannot find their way home or don't find their way home even if they have a big support unit.

If he has killed himself, I don't see him going far.

It's his 23rd birthday today and still no confirmed sightings. His family must be frantic. I am beginning to feel a sense of frustration. I want to help but the info shared is does not make sense to the search. I emailed the organizer and asked if the detectives had yet checked servalence of the hospital to confirm him walking away on foot. I also suggested they review ctv from the 3 ctrain stations close to the hospital for 1.5 hrs after he left the hospital. Because my thoughts are if you leave with no shoes in the snow you cant handle that too long. So these visuals would help in the ditection of the search. If he is not seen walking away from the hospital then he probably had a ride or the search needs to be focused on the woods and reservoir which is understandably not something the family would hope for. I understand keeping details private to protect the missing person however if we can only help with in the bounds of the information given.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back