Found Deceased CANADA - Andrew Edy, 22, vanished after leaving hospital w/o shoes/jacket, Calgary, AB, 8 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What time of day did he leave the hospital???

Does anyone know???
“Calgary Police are looking for a man who went missing last week from Rockyview General Hospital.

Andrew Edy, 22, was last seen at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Oct. 8 south of the hospital.

He was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and no shoes.”
Calgary Police searching for missing 22-year-old Andrew Edy

Also from a statement posted on Calgary Police Service’s FB page on Oct. 9:
“Missing Person – Andrew EDY
Andrew EDY, 22, was last seen at approximately 6:30 a.m., on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, south of Rockyview General Hospital. He was wearing a white T-shirt, black jeans and no shoes. EDY is approximately 6’ tall, 170 lbs and has curly, shoulder length, dirty blonde hair.”
Calgary Police Service

What are your thoughts? Why do you think the time he left is important?

A few weeks ago I was at RGH for a couple days visiting someone & I didn't see any missing posters for Andrew, FWIW.

Just because I didn't see any doesn't mean there aren't any there, but it made me wonder if there are missing posters in Kelowna, Vernon, etc...the Okanagan Valley.

Andrew could have been in Kelowna before sundown, IF he had a means of transportation...ONLY a 7 hour drive. It seems he had a reason for wanting to go there (instead of somewhere he didn't want to go)...(Didn't his mom say in her plea he didn't have to go anywhere he didn't want to??? or something along those lines???...)

Google Maps

Just thinking alot about where Andrew could be, knowing it's mostly a somewhat ritzy residential neighbourhood and then the darn river.....

He would have had to travel a short stretch SOUTH of the hospital to get turned to go NORTH from the hospital to get to highway #1 WEST that leads straight to BC...someone could have been parked at the bottom of the hill waiting for him. Just an idea of what MIGHT have happened. How he might have arranged a ride I do not know, but my HOPE is Andrew is safe in the Okanagan.

(Sidenote: the timezone in AB is one hour ahead of BC)

A few weeks ago I was at RGH for a couple days visiting someone & I didn't see any missing posters for Andrew, FWIW.

Just because I didn't see any doesn't mean there aren't any there, but it made me wonder if there are missing posters in Kelowna, Vernon, etc...the Okanagan Valley.

Andrew could have been in Kelowna before sundown, IF he had a means of transportation...ONLY a 7 hour drive. It seems he had a reason for wanting to go there (instead of somewhere he didn't want to go)...(Didn't his mom say in her plea he didn't have to go anywhere he didn't want to??? or something along those lines???...)

Google Maps

Just thinking alot about where Andrew could be, knowing it's mostly a somewhat ritzy residential neighbourhood and then the darn river.....

He would have had to travel a short stretch SOUTH of the hospital to get turned to go NORTH from the hospital to get to highway #1 WEST that leads straight to BC...someone could have been parked at the bottom of the hill waiting for him. Just an idea of what MIGHT have happened. How he might have arranged a ride I do not know, but my HOPE is Andrew is safe in the Okanagan.

(Sidenote: the timezone in AB is one hour ahead of BC)
I agree and hope for the same! The lasted poster sent to volunteers had a message that his "beloved guitar Stella" was being repaired.

The personal message has me believing their is a good chance he is 100% choosing to not be found or in contact. He has his reasons, I'm sure.

I do wish he could just make contact in a verified way that respects his choice to be on his own but let's his family know he is alive.

Interesting info a friend showed me found on redit/ Andrew Gray Edy Kelowna. A poster on the site said Andrew said he was going to go and maybe did infact go to UBCO university of British Columbia Okanagan.

His brother states the family denied Andrew the use of the car to travel there the night before he disappeared.

I now fully believe he had a back up plan long before he went to the hospital. I believe he left with no intention of returning or surfacing anytime soon.

Interesting info a friend showed me found on redit/ Andrew Gray Edy Kelowna. A poster on the site said Andrew said he was going to go and maybe did infact go to UBCO university of British Columbia Okanagan.

I am curious if any searches or posters of Andrew have been distributed in the Kelowna or UBCO area. Stay safe Andrew.

Did anyone else see the video released in the media on the weekend? Dad mom brother and pups :(

This story has me leaning closer to this was a pretty intense domestic dispute that got way out of control, rather than mentally disturbed young man managing to hide completely for 3 months during a mental break down.

I feel so sorry for them all, but his brother Rowans message in the end to Andrew stating that 'Andrew was in no trouble and that he had done nothing wrong' while looking over at his dad, just made my heart break :(

Does anyone know who has 100% confirmed seeing andrew leave the hospital? Where his parents there at the time?

If not it might is it not a breach of confidentiality for the hospital staff to tell the details even to his family? Andrew is an adult so I would think its not allowed.

Normally details cannot be given unless there is a power of attorney or the patient has expressed that certain people be given information regarding their care. I would think Canada’s laws would be similar.

I am assuming that Andrew is still missing or at least not located by family. I have not seen any updates about Andrew in several months in MSM or by family. I guess he is living with friends or at least I hope this is the case and not a self harm situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back