Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the shoulder that is always folded back, even when the other is not
http://wpmedia.edmontonjournal.com/...the-media-about-th1.jpeg?quality=55&strip=all

Same shoulder, were just looking at the opposite side of the shirt now, so its on the left. I guess it could be anything, but it looks like blood to me.

http://wpmedia.edmontonjournal.com/...-talks-to-the.jpeg?w=640&quality=55&strip=all

Sorry for the links, I don't know how to embed photos on my phone.

Looks like blood.

I've lightened the best photo in case it helps

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-dead-toddler-people-interest-1.4081644

attachment.php

Thanks Otto, the female face in particular is now easier to see!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Edmonton1.jpg
    Edmonton1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 351
Am I the only one who keeps looking at that stroller and trying to decide if it's empty or if it has a kid in a light blue snowsuit in it...? I've lightening it and tweaked it, and the legs look weird, but there's a toddler in a light snowsuit in there, isn't there...???

And yes, Canadian media tends to be more tight lipped than American media in cases like this, in terms of sensitive details and info given out.

Yes, everyone in western Canada has probably been made aware. Child murders are quite rare.

My thoughts
-We have been having snow storms in Alberta (or "third winter" as I like to say) over the past 10 days, on and off, so the snowsuit isn't totally strange.
-The police have clarified that the clothes were found with the boy, NOT on him
-The stroller appears to be empty in those surveillance videos

Thoughts?

Edit:
I think this is there hats (or as close as I can find). I wonder if there is a gang affiliation with them.
http://shop.outlawthreadz.com/Tattoo-OSFA-FlexFit-Flat-Bill-Blk-Gold-OTH03.htm

Isn't Canada more sensitive to this kind of stuff in the media than America's gore fans?

In Canada, evidence is not released to the public until trial with the exception that certain evidence is released in order to identify suspect(s). Investigators might think this looks like a murder, making it urgent to identify the suspect(s). The child's clothing will help identify the child, a photo of a toddler who died three days before being found will not.

After an arrest, the case will go silent until trial.

I am confident that this will lead to a trial. It's obvious that the parents did not report the child missing for three days.

Am I the only one who keeps looking at that stroller and trying to decide if it's empty or if it has a kid in a light blue snowsuit in it...? I've lightening it and tweaked it, and the legs look weird, but there's a toddler in a light snowsuit in there, isn't there...???

And yes, Canadian media tends to be more tight lipped than American media in cases like this, in terms of sensitive details and info given out.
I only see pile of maybe clothes, blankets.

Thanks to everyone for your replies re: empty stroller. I can't make up my mind of what I'm seeing, but it looks odd, so I feel I'm inventing the kiddo inside it because I saw a FB comment saying someone else saw one.

I know we don't release much info, but can anyone explain why there isn't a sketch of the boy being released? Clearly identifying him is priority, so does it take this much time to get a sketch done? What other reasons, aside from the gruesome one coming to mind, would they have for not releasing a sketch?

Yes that looks like blood on the left shoulder area and tag of the batman onesie. I hadn't seen the back of it yet and didn't notice that the left side was tucked in or folded to not show blood. Sadly, this boy was injured and probably died from the injuries. Sad.

Additionally, I can't see hair in the photo of the woman. I only see her hood.

I see what you see...the white soles of the shoes showing at the bottom as well. JMO

Lightening the stroller to see if I can see a 20 month old child. Does anyone see a child?

... anyone want to try sharpening the image? I'm not asking for speculation on what anyone feels or imagines they see - but only whether anyone else has explored this question with software.

Edmonton2.jpg

At first I thought it was two men! When I look closely I can see some brown strands of hair coming across the women's grey hood.

On another note --> From what I can know, sketches take time to create. Unfortunately, it is probably because of injuries to the face that one has not been released.

Yeah, it's like a head, turned to the left with the left arm up by the head. I swear I see a nose. The legs don't make much sense to me, but the body and head and the right leg/foot does. Maybe I've looked at one too many ultrasound photos, and I'm just seeing babies in everything now.

I see the soles of the shoes now! Excellent eye. Doesn't it seem odd to cover a child up with a heavy jean blanket when they are almost two?

*Edit: at first I saw a patchwork jean quilt, but not I can see the blue snowsuit & a child. The lightening of the photo helps a bunch

Yes, everyone in western Canada has probably been made aware. Child murders are quite rare.

Pretty much unheard of. Women who murder their own children are typically sent to a psychiatric ward, not sure what will happen given that it looks like both parents are part of this. She could always play the Karla Homolka "I'm a victim" card and settle for a reduced sentence ... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I zoomed and messed with it for lightness and contrast, and that's when I really saw it. I wish I could get my computer because I can't post it from my phone because I'm not smart, apparently.

I'd like to weigh in. I see a toddler in the stroller but his upper body is twisted. The white things that look like shoe soles aren't. It's part of the stroller. His shoes are black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back