Recovered/Located Canada - April Burkle, 34, from Texas, missing in Toronto, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toronto police seeking missing American whose two children died in a 2014 tornado | The Star

This is interesting IMO...

When asked to confirm Cauthen’s story, Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook couldn’t say whether Burkle had been at a police station.

Cauthen said that American authorities have been providing Burkle’s family and friends with daily morning updates on their search.

Douglas-Cook could not provide any updates on the ongoing investigation, saying only that American authorities are involved in the effort.

When did she arrive at Pearson? Her fb says she lives in Toronto, so was she here for a visit or a move? If she relocated to Toronto where was she living? I just cant make out what is going on, so confused.

When did she arrive at Pearson? Her fb says she lives in Toronto, so was she here for a visit or a move? If she relocated to Toronto where was she living? I just cant make out what is going on, so confused.
The news articles state she lived in Arkansas before moving to Texas. Then she flew to Canada to visit a “pal”.

But I agree, it’s confusing!

Includes video. rbbm.
International search for missing woman whose children died in 2014 Vilonia tornado
"Cauthen said Burkle’s faith helped her deal with her loss. “When she finally could walk, when she was finally out of the wheelchair, she booked speaking events at area churches,” she said. “And she had a heart for grieving mothers, and she ministered to them, and she loved on them, and she spoke about her experience.”
But Cauthen recalled how Burkle’s pain and strength coexisted and took control of her at different times."

"Burkle, who moved to Houston roughly one year ago, left on vacation on October 10. She planned to spend time with a friend in Hamilton, Ontario.

“Obviously, she was suffering from some PTSD, as many from this area are after the tornado,” Cauthen said, “and everything that she had been through. We don’t know if maybe the airplane trip triggered something, you know, as she was traveling, but when she got there, basically, she refused to go with her friend.”

Cauthen said the FBI agreed Tuesday to join the search. She said street ministries in Toronto have helped, as well, canvassing the city and posting flyers. She refuses to believe that her friend is in danger, though, because of the strength she has seen Burkle display over the last five years."
Cauthen said police officers have received several tips, but none that led to Burkle. She mentioned that Burkle has a tattoo on her wrist of the sign language symbol for love, with wings on either side. She also has a sunflower tattoo on her shoulder and a nose ring.

“If you see someone you think might be April, maybe look for those little features,” Cauthen said, “and if you see her, just please, please, please call us. Please let us know.”

Cauthen suggested Burkle might head to Houston or central Arkansas if she is no longer in Toronto. A local number has been set up for anyone with information about Burkle’s location. The number is 501-269-0770, and it accepts calls or texts."

Nov 1 2019
Toronto police search for missing American whose children died in tornado
image.jpeg

Police are asking for the public's assistance in locating 34-year-old April Burkle, who was last seen in downtown Toronto. (Alexis Cauthen)

"Cauthen said that Burkle’s friend from Hamilton and her family have been in contact with Toronto police, the FBI and the U.S. embassy.

“It’s tough and heavy and difficult,” she said Wednesday night. “But we’re focusing on the most important thing and that is to get her story out there.”

What is the criteria for getting the FBI involved in a missing persons case? Finding mixed info on line.

The weather here has been atrocious over the past 24 hours. Cold, steady rain and huge winds throughout the night. It's quite cold out there right now. I needed gloves and a winter coat to go out and do some storm clean up.

I would think that she has found shelter somewhere. With no money, no ID, she can't be in hotels or motels. I wonder if she's found her way to a homeless shelter. She would need warmer clothes than what she was wearing in the recent picture taken on the 22nd if she's still in the area.

This is such a bizarre occurrence.

MOO

I suck at creating timelines, can one of our members make one? I think it would be helpful. I have so many questions and perhaps a timeline could save me from going around in circles. Thank you.

Nov 1 2019 rbbm.
American woman, who lost sons in deadly tornado, goes missing in Toronto
"In a news release Monday, Toronto police say they are concerned for April Burkle’s safety, who was last seen on Oct. 22, in the area of Peter and Queen Streets.

The 34-year old, who is originally from Arkansas, flew into Pearson International Airport from Houston, Texas on Oct. 10 to meet a friend in Hamilton who was living there on a work visa.

However, Alexis Cauthen, a close friend of Burkle, said she refused to meet him.

When she got off the plane, she seemed not herself,” said Cauthen. “Lots of anxiety and agitation, and she refused to go with this friend. He was going to take her back to where he was staying in Hamilton.”

Cauthen said Burkle hopped in a taxi and told the friend she was staying at the Fairmount Royal York Hotel, but it was the last time they communicated."

"Friends of Burkle have taken to social media, creating a Facebook page, to spread online awareness.

They also set up a tip line, encouraging anyone who may have information to reach out either by text or phone at (501) 269-0770 or by email. Burkle’s friend who lived in Hamilton has since returned back to the U.S.

“It’s so hard being this far away,” Cauthen said. “We do feel like she’s not herself, that’s the only way we can describe it. We are concerned for her mental health.”

By the sounds of this latest report... everything seems to be hearsay to Cauthen from 'friend'. It doesnt sound like she spoke with her at all. Weird that 'friend' has moved back to the States instead of trying to find her. Seems to be a lot more going on than is being released. Should we be looking for woman who matches her description dragging luggage around with her?? I worry about 'friend'.

Has it been confirmed that she was indeed with the 'elopee' and seen by police?? Weird coincidence. If that story is true why wouldnt her aunt set off alarms that something is wrong? She could have easily told the police that she was concerned about her mental health. Wonder if she spoke to her at all or only the police. Sorry, I keep posting all these questions. I should just sit on my hands and wait till we get more information. ughhh!

This is curiouser and curiouser and now I'm more concerned than I was initially.

The Royal York is right in the heart of downtown directly across from Union Station. The Royal York is one of the most expensive hotels in Toronto. I can't afford to stay there. How could she without ID, or money.

The friend has gone back to the US? Hmmmm.....not liking the sound of this.

I'm not sure we are getting the whole story. My hinky meter is starting to kick into gear.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back