CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Police remove Amber Alert for 10-year-old Montreal boy missing since Monday
attachment.php

Montreal police have launched a search for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, who left his family home in Ahuntsic-Cartierville at noon on Monday to visit a friend and hasn’t been seen since.

The boy, a francophone who stands 4-foot-7 and weighs about 90 pounds, suffers from a medical condition that requires regular medication. When last seen he was wearing a black hooded coat, grey pants and yellow shoes. He is known to frequent the Maison des jeunes at Mésy Park, Marselin-Wilson Park and the Galerie Normandie.
Police say the child has no record of any problems and that his parents fear for his safety.

Thread #1

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-missing-boy-10-years-old-1.4573747
Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou hasn't been seen since he left his home around noon Monday to meet a friend.

"It's not something usual for him to disappear like that so his parents were really worried when they advised us," said Const. Raphaël Bergeron.
Police have searched the Maison des jeunes near de Mésy Park, Marcelin-Wilson Park and Galéries Normandie in Ahuntsic-Cartierville.

They also searched businesses open 24 hours a day in the neighbourhood and surrounding areas.

"We checked several places where he could have reached some friends but nobody has seen him," said Bergeron.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the police's Info-Crime hotline at 514-393-1133.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4079614/...ing-10-year-old-boy-in-ahuntsic-cartierville/
Montreal police also stated that Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou’s father had confiscated his video games as a recent punishment.

The Montreal police are asking for anybody that has information about the boy’s disappearance to contact them anonymously at Info-Crime: 514 393-1133.

Police seek witness in Kouakou disappearance

Police seek witness in Kouakou disappearance

Montreal police are hoping to locate a young woman who may have been the last person to see 10-year old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou.

Kouakou was last seen March 12 after he left his home in Ahuntsic-Cartierville to play at a friend's home.

Late Thursday investigators announced they would like to speak with a woman, who was seen smoking a cigarette in Parc des Bateliers on the shore of Rivière-des-Prairies between 11 a.m. and 11: 30 a.m. that day.

A police department spokesman says the main theory in the case is that the boy drowned, but information the woman may be able to provide could help in the search.

Divers went into the water over a period of several days in May.

On May 28, the father held a press conference about his petition urging the QC government to create a joint task force specializing in child abductions. He was hoping to gather 20 000 signatures before the end of the parliamentary session on June 11.

"Je respecte la procédure policière, mais avec la lourdeur que cela peut prendre, ça joue sur la vie d’individus" (I respect police procedures, but they can be heavy and affect people's lives)

Course contre la montre pour les parents d’Ariel Kouakou

Again, on June 9:

“If such a unit exists, it’ll ensure the very first minute they can handle the situation and then take action. It can give a quick response and quick results,” Frederic Kouakou said.

Family of Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou petitioning province to form response unit

On Friday, June 15, 4 days after the end of the parliamentary session, SPVM starts looking for the smoking woman. What's with that? JMO

With the new informations speaking to where he's coming from, I'm in awe of the patience and resilience of this man!!! And also heartbroken.

Google Translate
Voici exactement où on en est avec Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou
According to information shared by TVA Nouvelles , the head of the SPVM Communications Division, Ian Lafrenière, reportedly said he had new information:

"We recently received information that this woman, who was smoking a cigarette on the water's edge at the Bateliers Park between 11am and 11:30 am, could have seen Ariel that day. If that person recognizes himself, we would like her to contact the police. "

He continued :

"If we can talk with this lady, we hope that it will help advance the investigation. Probably she would not lead us to his body, but maybe she has a micro detail that would move it forward. We suspect that she did not see him fall in the water, but still. "

Mr. Kouakou's words are coming back to haunt me. "Ariel would never go near the water".

The police silence is deafening. I wonder if they actually have a lead pointing toward an abduction? How else can this outward appearance of inaction be explained? From what I can tell, nobody is talking about Ariel--not the police, not the media and not his father. Maybe something important is happening behind the scenes.

Mr. Kouakou's words are coming back to haunt me. "Ariel would never go near the water".

The police silence is deafening. I wonder if they actually have a lead pointing toward an abduction? How else can this outward appearance of inaction be explained? From what I can tell, nobody is talking about Ariel--not the police, not the media and not his father. Maybe something important is happening behind the scenes.

Wouldn't they be making more noise if they thought abduction, though? I think they figure he's in the water and there's not a whole lot that can be done/said until his body surfaces, unfortunately. :(

I'm with you, really hoping something is going on behind the scenes and that LE are still actively looking for him.

But I agree, they're most probably waiting for him to resurface somewhere along the river, IMO :(

Last edited:
Over the months I have researched everything I can find online about a drowned body being found, as I'm sure many of us have. Most bodies are found close to where they entered the water. (winter conditions obviously prevented this in Ariel's case). Most bodies rise to the top after a matter of days, or in weeks if in cold water. Most bodies are discovered in March once the ice has melted. ( August in two days- who is searching for him?). It is a RARE occurrence that a body becomes snagged on underwater debris --even bodies that have boat anchors attached to them will rise to the surface.

As one poster noted earlier in the thread, there is a grid that would prevent a body from travelling past a certain point in this river. At the least, are divers regularly checking for his body at this location? Are boats canvassing the river looking for his body?

Based on statistics, Ariel's body is NOT in this river. We were all waiting for his body to resurface --it would have happened months ago. Looking for his body in the river takes LE action, and the media has always reported LE efforts. The silence better be due to further investigation as to what happened to this child, instead of waiting for "somebody" to find his body in the river, which may never happen.

To respond to Mommy-- if LE now have a tip or reason to believe Ariel was abducted , they would remain silent at this time as they investigated. JMO

Could his Dad be right in thinking his son was abducted? It’s been four long months.
I am a huge supporter of LE, and have the utmost respect for the work they do. In this case, I'm frustrated with the RCMP. I think they should have listened to the father and not have tunnel vision. Are the odds the child is in the river? Most likely. But a parents intuition always supersedes probabilities in my books. That invisible thread that connects parent and child is inexplicable, and produces many unexplained "knowings". I think LE needs to take a fresh look at the case, and listen to Mr. Kouakou.

I stand with the father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back