CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today I checked on the two facebook sites that were put up for Ariel. The last posts on both sites were made six months ago in March. His father's fb page has very limited activity, and there is no mention of Ariel.

I am losing hope, and there is no where to turn for updated information or active advocacy. What the heck has happened here?

What happened to you, Ariel? It is nearly winter again in Montreal and I really feel like since you haven’t been found in the river yet, you never were in it. So where are you? Praying for you, Ariel. You are not forgotten.

What happened to you, Ariel? It is nearly winter again in Montreal and I really feel like since you haven’t been found in the river yet, you never were in it. So where are you? Praying for you, Ariel. You are not forgotten.
Well here it is the end of October, and still no Ariel. LE could be right that he went in to the river and perhaps caught on something, or just yet to be found. But have all possibilities been considered and investigated? From my armchair amateur perspective, I have to say no.

No, it doesn't seem as if other possibilities besides the river have been vigorously investigated, despite the eloquent and desperate pleas of Ariel's family.

Shame on you Montreal. For shame. I am a frequent visitor to your beautiful city, and from my experiences expected a different response. More for this desperate family.
How can you just forget Ariel as if he was never a son of Montreal?
How could you?

Tears for Ariel, his family, and the city I thought I knew.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I've also been thinking of Ariel a lot this week as this city prepares for the long cold winter. We bag leaves and watch the first flakes of snow, but I don't think Montreal has forgotten this boy...
There are still posters showing his face visible in many places I've been and even though the city will be freezing over soon, many folk seem to mention him often...sometimes even marking the month and the season by his disappearance, hoping to know his fete, hoping his parents will have answers and peace one day soon.
For me, I hope there is activity going in LE offices behind the scenes.
I hope Hydro-Quebec is paying extra attention to the watercourses of the Rivière-des-Prairies...
...and although there seems to be no news, Montreal has not forgotten Ariel.

I really wish they had done another search of the river in August before the weather started to turn again. IF Ariel is in the river odds are that he won't be found at this point. However, if the family has backed off of law enforcement and advocating that might be why we aren't seeing any movement. We know the family often keeps these cases alive.

It’s just so very sad for not just Ariel but for his family too.
I find it incredulous that the Police ergo the Press have given such little attention when a young child is missing.
Oh wait - not a pretty young white female is it ?
Where are you Ariel? I don’t even know you but I think of you often x

This is just really bothering me the last couple of days. This poor boy has been missing since March- 9 months! We've seen quite a few missing children found much sooner, some a few months, while others like Ariel seem forgotten or there is no updates to keep the public interested.

Some things have bothered me about this- why they insist he's in the river. March is not exactly swimming weather, and while he might have walked around that park, I just don't picture him at his age being too interested in the water at that time of year.

I re-read an article just now, of the family who said they forgive his alleged abductor:

Family of missing Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou forgives alleged ‘abductor’

I can't imagine the pain that they are going through. I just wish that they had found him. Poor kid.

Something went terribly wrong in the search for this little boy. Had the local SPVM taken the father seriously from the start and had every avenue been explored thoroughly in a timely manner, who knows what the outcome could have been. IMHO. MOO.

Last edited:
I have a quite different understanding of what happened. There was CCTV footage of Ariel entering the park and none of him leaving the park. He was seen dangerously close to the river by a woman who had a conversation with him. Although no one saw him go under the water, that does seem to be what happened. The current then carried him miles away.

For any new posters or guests, it was never reported that a witness saw Ariel "dangerously" close to the water. Find the link that says "dangerously close" and I'll eat my words. :) Also, I believe a local poster stated that a body would be stopped from travelling far due to grille work at a certain point in the river.

For any new posters or guests, it was never reported that a witness saw Ariel "dangerously" close to the water. Find the link that says "dangerously close" and I'll eat my words. :) Also, I believe a local poster stated that a body would be stopped from travelling far due to grille work at a certain point in the river.

Sorry. Did I get that wrong? Okay. He was close to the water. He fell into the water. He was not dangerously close to the water before he fell in.

Sorry. Did I get that wrong? Okay. He was close to the water. He fell into the water. He was not dangerously close to the water before he fell in.
Volunteers plan to expand search for Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou Saturday, ask for help
"Lafrenière explained a “credible witness” came forward to say she spoke to the boy in the Parc des Bateliers the day he went missing."

"Surveillance footage that has not been released publicly shows the boy entering the park, but not exiting.

“We’re not saying 100 per cent sure this is what happened, but it is is probably what happened.”

Volunteers plan to expand search for Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou Saturday, ask for help
"Lafrenière explained a “credible witness” came forward to say she spoke to the boy in the Parc des Bateliers the day he went missing."

"Surveillance footage that has not been released publicly shows the boy entering the park, but not exiting.

“We’re not saying 100 per cent sure this is what happened, but it is is probably what happened.”

I know the family insisted that he never went to the park and desperately wanted to believe that he did not go into the water, but police did a very thorough investigation, even putting their own lives at risk to do underwater searches, and did not locate him. Strong currents and ice on the river made the search more difficult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back