CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ariel- where are you? I’m across the pond in little England UK yet I can’t get you out of my mind.
I wish there was more publicity out there for you but you seem to have been forgotten by all except your family and friends. Please God let’s find this gorgeous little man!

Since Jayme Closs's miraculous survival and escape from her murderous abductor, I have a bit of renewed hope in a miracle for Ariel. If his parents are right in their insistence that he was kidnapped, I hope for the same outcome for Ariel, in spite of knowing it is way against the odds. With police insisting he drowned, Ariel, like Jayme, will have to free himself' if he's being held somewhere.

Since Jayme Closs's miraculous survival and escape from her murderous abductor, I have a bit of renewed hope in a miracle for Ariel. If his parents are right in their insistence that he was kidnapped, I hope for the same outcome for Ariel, in spite of knowing it is way against the odds. With police insisting he drowned, Ariel, like Jayme, will have to free himself' if he's being held somewhere.
This is just so haunting, that this poor child vanished without a trace.
Not to be graphic, but they didn't find him or any article or pieces of clothing in the river. All they knew was that he walked in the park, right? Allegedly, he never came out, or at least the same way. Didn't another member say there was a path or walk way to leave the park on the other side? I seem to recall something about a gate or a fence, or maybe this is from another case?

I wish that this poor boy could be found. I feel so bad for his family.

Didn't another member say there was a path or walk way to leave the park on the other side? I seem to recall something about a gate or a fence, or maybe this is from another case?

rsbm

He could have left from anywhere outside the scope of the 3 CCTV cameras we know of (Bordelais restaurant, a garage and a house facing the park). There are no gates or fences along the park.
Perhaps you're thinking about the dam, about 5 miles down the river, which should have theoretically stopped him if he did in fact slip and drown.
He was last seen next to a green bin, much closer to the street than to the river.
To my knowledge, the city doesn't clear the pathways inside the park; he could have walked anywhere in other people's footsteps.

It is freezing cold today and a snowstorm just blew over Montreal.

rsbm

He could have left from anywhere outside the scope of the 3 CCTV cameras we know of (Bordelais restaurant, a garage and a house facing the park). There are no gates or fences along the park.
Perhaps you're thinking about the dam, about 5 miles down the river, which should have theoretically stopped him if he did in fact slip and drown.
He was last seen next to a green bin, much closer to the street than to the river.
To my knowledge, the city doesn't clear the pathways inside the park; he could have walked anywhere in other people's footsteps.

It is freezing cold today and a snowstorm just blew over Montreal.
Thank you- I do remember someone, possibly you, saying that he could have left the park from another area. Which makes me wonder, how he has not been seen by anyone else but that lady he talked to. I am assuming, of course, that the police checked that entire park again- sometimes, they miss evidence or a deceased person and some poor soul stumbles upon them walking their dog or hiking.

This is truly baffling. I can't believe that nothing has been found since he went missing. A piece of clothing, a shoe, anything. Ugh!

Thank you- I do remember someone, possibly you, saying that he could have left the park from another area. Which makes me wonder, how he has not been seen by anyone else but that lady he talked to. I am assuming, of course, that the police checked that entire park again- sometimes, they miss evidence or a deceased person and some poor soul stumbles upon them walking their dog or hiking.

This is truly baffling. I can't believe that nothing has been found since he went missing. A piece of clothing, a shoe, anything. Ugh!

Yes, truly baffling. They did a massive and thourough search inside the park and along the river bank. They even had a super-specialized search dog flown in from Halifax. Nothing.

A whole summer has gone by and, 10 months later, not a single trace of Ariel has turned up.

Also when he was trying to visit his friend that day- was everyone in the neighborhood cleared?

Good question. Local LE did go door to door, looking for tips and making sure everyone knew to keep an eye open for Ariel. Other than that, I don't know.

I'm sure the specialized LE units took the matter very seriously as soon as the local police asked them for reinforcements... Which unfortunately was the next day and after a heavy snowfall.

Good question. Local LE did go door to door, looking for tips and making sure everyone knew to keep an eye open for Ariel. Other than that, I don't know.

I'm sure the specialized LE units took the matter very seriously as soon as the local police asked them for reinforcements... Which unfortunately was the next day and after a heavy snowfall.
It just seems to me that something would have been found by now of him- a piece of torn clothing, hair, something, if he fell in the water like they originally thought.

I really wonder what happened to him after that lady saw him. Something doesn't sit right with me. I wonder how often he was at his friend's house, if he was familiar with people in that neighborhood. Were there any sex offenders living in that area? Someone who may have seen him go to their door, then leave, and perhaps followed him? I know it's been a almost a year, but for some reason, I am just not buying this he went into the water- especially that time of year. Summer or spring, maybe even the fall, but the winter?

Last Thursday, the Missing Children’s Network announced a new campaign that will see posters with Mélina’s photo featured on 50 trucks travelling across Canada and parts of the United States.

Three other children are on the posters as well: 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, missing from Montreal since March 12, 2018; Maisy Odjick, 16, and Shannon Alexander, 17, both last seen in Maniwaki on Sept. 6, 2008.
Missing children: 13 years later, mom still hopes Mélina will come home

Ariel will have his missing poster displayed on 50 trucks! Finally, something current being done for little Ariel. Would his poster have been selected if there was certainty he had perished in the river? MOO.

Last Thursday, the Missing Children’s Network announced a new campaign that will see posters with Mélina’s photo featured on 50 trucks travelling across Canada and parts of the United States.

Three other children are on the posters as well: 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, missing from Montreal since March 12, 2018; Maisy Odjick, 16, and Shannon Alexander, 17, both last seen in Maniwaki on Sept. 6, 2008.
Missing children: 13 years later, mom still hopes Mélina will come home

Ariel will have his missing poster displayed on 50 trucks! Finally, something current being done for little Ariel. Would his poster have been selected if there was certainty he had perished in the river? MOO.

Good question! Although police have said they weren't certain that Ariel went into the river, what are they doing to try and solve his disappearance? That's what I'd like to know. The media needs to ask them pertinent questions.

I do wonder where this precious boy is. I really did not think he would be in the river, I would love to assume that something would have been found by now. I know that is not 100% certain, however I bet his family would like to have a certain answer.

I'm glad the Missing Children's Network is doing something aimed at publicizing the fact that these children have all gone missing without a trace. Putting their images on long-haul trucks will help maximize exposure, and extending that into bordering US states can only help, especially if there is any underworld factor in their disappearances.

I hadn't even heard about the 3 missing girls, but with so many aboriginal (young) women having disappeared across Canada, Maisy and Shannon fit into a dreadful and haunting pattern. I hope none of these young people has fallen victim to foul play, but the circumstances are suspicious to say the least.

These 3 cases are disparate geographically. (Maniwaki/Kitigan Zibi is about 175 miles and 4 hours NW of Montreal via mostly secondary highways, while Farnham is a good hour's drive SE of Montreal.) But all of these kids may have been perceived as easy targets of opportunity - dropped off at an activity or walking alone with no directly involved adult for at least a short amount of time. It's chilling that giving kids even a little independence comes with such high risks. :(

I'm glad the Missing Children's Network is doing something aimed at publicizing the fact that these children have all gone missing without a trace. Putting their images on long-haul trucks will help maximize exposure, and extending that into bordering US states can only help, especially if there is any underworld factor in their disappearances.

I hadn't even heard about the 3 missing girls, but with so many aboriginal (young) women having disappeared across Canada, Maisy and Shannon fit into a dreadful and haunting pattern. I hope none of these young people has fallen victim to foul play, but the circumstances are suspicious to say the least.

These 3 cases are disparate geographically. (Maniwaki/Kitigan Zibi is about 175 miles and 4 hours NW of Montreal via mostly secondary highways, while Farnham is a good hour's drive SE of Montreal.) But all of these kids may have been perceived as easy targets of opportunity - dropped off at an activity or walking alone with no directly involved adult for at least a short amount of time. It's chilling that giving kids even a little independence comes with such high risks. :(
CANADA - Canada - Maisy Odjick, 16, & Shannon Alexander, 17, Maniwaki QC, 6 Sept 2008
CANADA - Mélina Martin, 13, Montreal, (Farnham) 23 January 2005

I don’t think this 12/28/18 article has been posted. Sadly, no new information but good to see something about Ariel in the last couple months. I’m so sad we are coming up on a year with no answers and seemingly no movement in investigating Ariel’s disappearance. We are still here thinking of you and your family, Ariel.

Noël sans Ariel - La Presse+

(I had to open the article in Chrome for translation.)

March 12 2019
Renewed efforts to find Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou a year after his disappearance
"A year after 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou vanished after setting out to visit a friend in north-end Montreal, new efforts are being launched this week to find him.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, the Montreal Transit Corp. will display the Kouakou’s photo on electronic screens in all 68 stations of the city’s subway system. His photo will also appear on the CIBC’s monthly billing envelopes for the month of May.

The initiatives are promoted in collaboration with the Missing Children’s Network and the Canadian Centre for Child Protection."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back