CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Ariel ever been to the park by himself before? I believe I read this was the first time he was being permitted to walk to the friend's house alone so did he and his friends ever play in the park unsupervised? Was the river a draw to him because he'd never had the chance to get near it before?

Hi Friends!

I'm stuck in a mildly uncomfortable state about the houseguests.

I just am, I don't know why, and I wish I wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Map with approximate locations.
attachment.php

It appears that the Restaurant de Bordelais that caught him on surveillance was further away than the friend's home according to this map. I wonder why he continued walking when the friend was not home and passed by the restaurant? :waitasec:

It appears that the Restaurant de Bordelais that caught him on surveillance was further away than the friend's home according to this map. I wonder why he continued walking when the friend was not home and passed by the restaurant? :waitasec:

I think it was a garage that had the footage of him walking on the sidewalk. I see that the trails to the park are directly across the road.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5455...4!1s264mk1A47O1Goqqkwbl6-w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Another lost little boy. After Trevyon, I can't take any more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wondering if there is easy access to the train tracks?
speculation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwZVKmNLwQ

I'm just back from walking these very easily accessible train tracks.
Apparently, every square centimeter of the Batelier Park and of the Parc de la Merci has been searched more than once. LE are now looking further east and a dog trainer warned me to keep my dog away from the Zotique-Racicot Park & Bordeau détention center area, as the canines were working around there.

Looking at the aerial photo, Ariel would have had to walk down his own street, then along the main road (Gouin?) to his friend's place. It's a rather long walk, especially in winter. If this is the first time he walked, could he have become disoriented on the way back, especially since he went into the park? He had been driven to his friend's house before. One doesn't always pay attention in a car, and the distance by car always seems shorter.

But where is he...if he got really cold on the way back (since his friend wasn't home) and flustered/upset.....maybe he got lost? or tried to find warmth in a shed/ garage whatever? Fell asleep...then darkness?

Just throwing that out there while thinking aloud. I don't know what happened....just holding out for a bit of hope....:(

Welcome to Ws Phei, thanks for the helpful pics and posts!
:Welcome1:

Thank you.

Has anyone noticed in the first surveillance video, in the first few seconds he moved his left hand, wonder if he was saying hi to someone?

Thank you.

Has anyone noticed in the first surveillance video, in the first few seconds he moved his left hand, wonder if he was saying hi to someone?

Yes I see that. Is that view from the garage as well? It says 'camera 2' at that point but the view is zoomed in.

Looking at the aerial photo, Ariel would have had to walk down his own street, then along the main road (Gouin?) to his friend's place. It's a rather long walk, especially in winter. If this is the first time he walked, could he have become disoriented on the way back, especially since he went into the park? He had been driven to his friend's house before. One doesn't always pay attention in a car, and the distance by car always seems shorter.

But where is he...if he got really cold on the way back (since his friend wasn't home) and flustered/upset.....maybe he got lost? or tried to find warmth in a shed/ garage whatever? Fell asleep...then darkness?

Just throwing that out there while thinking aloud. I don't know what happened....just holding out for a bit of hope....:(

I do like your thought.
Is the area in front of the garage the only entrance to the park?

Does anybody know if they are looking for volunteers tomorrow?

I didn't see that he had only been driven there before - was that in the article? His parents sounded very cautious about letting him go out alone for the first time - it would be surprising to me if they expected him to walk if he had never done so before. Most people I know in Montreal don't drive much. It's pretty European in attitude, and part of that is that most people seem to walk quite a lot.

While his family said Ariel left home at noon, the owner of a store on Gouin Blvd. said he recorded Ariel walking past his store at 11:15 a.m. on surveillance video that has since been given to police.

The store's owner said the time on his machine is accurate and was changed in accordance with the DST switch -- even though the time on the tape is almost an hour earlier than when the boy was reported at leaving home.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/missing-ariel-kouakou-was-spotted-on-surveillance-video-monday-1.3843036

I didn't see that he had only been driven there before - was that in the article? His parents sounded very cautious about letting him go out alone for the first time - it would be surprising to me if they expected him to walk if he had never done so before. Most people I know in Montreal don't drive much. It's pretty European in attitude, and part of that is that most people seem to walk quite a lot.

see post #24 on page 2 (GinaSeikwa)

Part of the translation of the interview :

video interview with the parents in French.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...effrey-kouakou

"He asked his parents on Sunday if he could go to his friends house the following day. In the past his father has always accompanied him and picked him up from this particular friends house but this is the first time they agreed to let him go alone since his father was working on Monday and his mother takes a class at school. He asked them on Sunday and was very excited when they said yes. He said he was going to get up early in the morning so he could spend all day there.

bbm

eta..."Accompanied " him...maybe not driven...

The parents have said repeatedly that Ariel left home according to their houseguests at 12:15 PM. The father verbalized it himself in the video interviews.
I do think the most likely scenario is an accident near the river but since yesterday I have also been uneasy with the amount of houseguests visiting and the parents NOT having been the last to see him and only arriving back home later in the afternoon. Honestly there are still
parts of the story that are a bit strange but are most likely benign.

see post #24 on page 2 (GinaSeikwa)

Part of the translation of the interview :

video interview with the parents in French.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...effrey-kouakou

"He asked his parents on Sunday if he could go to his friends house the following day. In the past his father has always accompanied him and picked him up from this particular friends house but this is the first time they agreed to let him go alone since his father was working on Monday and his mother takes a class at school. He asked them on Sunday and was very excited when they said yes. He said he was going to get up early in the morning so he could spend all day there.

bbm

eta..."Accompanied " him...maybe not driven...

Yes the father definitely said “accompagner*“ in french.
Accompanied.
I took it to mean that he walked him over as well. It really could mean either driven or walked with him but driven over would have been referred to more commonly as “conduire/conduit”.
Hmmmm now you’ve gotten me wondering about another part of the interview where the mom said she returned home around 4:30 pm and the houseguests offered to go pick Ariel up. I’m pretty certain that she referred to them picking him up by car. So there was a car at their apartment. Or at least the houseguests had one.
Going back to listen to that part now..

The walk would only be 10-15 minutes if the approximate locations of Ariel's house and the friend's house are correct. It has been very mild and on Monday the pavements had been free of snow and ice for days...lots of people get back into sports shoes as soon as the city is slush free.
Ariel is walking West to East on the garage's CCTV at 11:15am and the friend's house is a block or two further East near the train tracks, but we don't have footage of him walking back home. This means he must have entered the park at the entrance near the friend's house. So, until he is met by the lady in the park around two, I guess he was just amusing himself in the park for a couple of hours? There is a footbridge out to a little island and it is a lovely park but I've only been in the summer...but in winter, well, my heart grows heavy thinking how dangerous the river banks would be to a 10-year-old filling his afternoon alone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto