CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to ask, but were the city snow removal trucks out the day Jeffrey disappeared?
speculation.

It is remarkable to see LE work, but it looks so hazardous!
Hoping that Jeffrey did not venture that way, but also that LE and other searchers stay safe looking for him.

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/1...-haut-des-airs

Google translation:

The TVA News helicopter flew over the search area to find little Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, who has been missing since last Monday.

Police are concentrating their efforts Thursday near the Rivière des Prairies. In particular, the nautical squad of the Montreal Police Service (SPVM) sails on the river. The cavalry also came to assist.

The Sûreté du Québec helicopter was also requested by the SPVM.

The command post is on site on Gouin Boulevard. The police are still asking for help from the public to find the 10-year-old boy.

Im thinking in the mind of my super sweet, rule following 9 year old boy. If I let him walk to his friends house and told him he was to go directly there and he will be picked up at 430, he would probably not walk back home. He wpuld think he should stay around there and be at the house to be picked up at 430. But.... well..... I would think being a first time, a call would have been made to make sure it was ok. Or that he got there ok. That part is a little odd, to me. Anyway, I am wondering if he was passing time, thinking he was doing the right thing. But... another thought.... is it common for everyone to have phones there? Are there stores around that he could have used a phone? I don't know. He's so adorable and has such a great sense of style and swag to him. I want him to be safe so badly. But it would be unlikely he wouldn't have called, if he was ok.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you may be right. Maybe he felt he had to hang around there until his mom or dad came to pick him up at that location.

Now we have three people who saw him that day. Female neighbour, guy in car who said Ariel had a soccer ball, lady in the park.

Is there footage from the restaurant released yet?

Joanne Bayly Verified account
@baylyjoanne 46s46 seconds ago

BREAKING: Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou's father believes his son was kidnapped. He says a second video has been discovered that shows Ariel walking, turning as if his name were being called, walking again and turning again before walking swiftly away. He's asking for an Amber Alert.

BREAKING: Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou's father believes his son was kidnapped. He says a second video has been discovered that shows Ariel walking, turning as if his name were being called, walking again and turning again before walking swiftly away. He's asking for an Amber Alert.

It is so hard at this point. It's better to think that your child has been kidnapped so hope remains, than to think he may have gone into the river and thus all hope is lost.

I just don't know on this one. He seems like a bright 10 year old that would have no problem finding his way home. Why wouldn't he go home if his friend wasn't available to hang out with? Why not just go home? I get dilly dallying, take the long route, check out the river, see if anyone else is around, etc. etc.

So two options remain, a terrible accident/tragedy or something nefarious.

My heart is sinking too - on either option.

MOO.

Etan Patz.
Leiby Kletzky.
First time he was allowed to walk alone just like these two boys.

In this situation there was far more time for an abductor to follow him and establish he was alone.
Maybe his Dad is right. It's hard to believe that there isn't more video.
Maybe there is and they just haven't found it or we just haven't seen it yet...

Reading the interview with Ariel's friend's mom and son, made me cry. The first time Ariel walks alone after his Dad being so conscientious ...omg, and this happens.
So tragic and heartbreaking.

When the video came out of Ariel walking, what struck me is that nobody else was around seemed deserted, and that Ariel appeared to be walking fast. Maybe he was being followed. I dunno.

Why no soccer ball.....I didn't see it. Did he pick up a soccer ball from his friend's house front yard or porch ?

He was walking very quickly on those videos. That struck me as well. He looked as if he was intent on getting quickly to where he was going and wasn’t distracted or daydreaming. There was some urgency in his stride.
I am so sick with fear for this little guy. He looks so little and vulnerable on the surveillance.

I'm wondering if there are any suspicious vehicles captured on the videos showing Ariel walking.

Probably referring to this newly released footage :

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/15/de-nouvelles-images-dariel-j-kouakou-diffusees

(Translated): "On the short video, we see the10 year old boy walking on the sidewalk. These new images were captured by a private house's surveillance camera from the Ahuntsic-Cartierville area."

So Ariel told his parents he had arranged a play date with a friend, but the friend was scheduled to go to daycare because no one else would be home. Did the friend not know he would be at day care, or was Ariel just hoping the friend would be there? An innocent misunderstanding? Or even using it as an excuse to be allowed out alone or not have to stay home with the houseguests? (Unlikely on that last one though, since he did actually go to the friends house looking for him. But it's possible it had not been arranged in advance as he told his parents.)

Things that were different the day Ariel went missing:

1. There is no school
2. Ariel is home with the houseguests without his own parents (and siblings?) as they are at work (which is normal)
3. Ariel obtains permission *the day before* to walk alone to his friend's home for the first time ever
4. What else?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The current of the river is too strong for them to search right now. I hope the family gets answers soon. If he was walking near the river he may have assumed what looked like snow covered ground was actually just snow covered thin ice and fallen in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things that were different the day Ariel went missing:

1. There is no school
2. Ariel is home with the houseguests without his own parents (and siblings?) as they are at work (which is normal)
3. Ariel obtains permission *the day before* to walk alone to his friend's home for the first time ever
4. What else?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Usually march break is one week, but that particular school had 1 or 2 extra days because of construction or some sort of class transfer, I remember reading that the first day he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990