CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only witness that puts him in the park next to the water is that one woman. And it took her two days to come forward. And she initially never told the police this info but rather told a third party and it’s this third party who went to the police.
So the witness might be a red herring IMO.
The very first reports of Ariel’s disappearance stated emphatically that he frequented the “maison des jeunes/ youth center du parc Mesy” and thé Galeries Normandin/ shopping mall. But then the youth center put out a release saying absolutely not had he ever frequented their establishment as it was a drop in center for 13-17 year olds and they kept strict records on those attending and his name never appeared in their files. And that he was not a regular at the Galeries Normandin that he was actually a homebody who attended school, went to soccer practice and spent his free time playing video games or watching tv at home.
This all bothers me.
Why the sudden switch to the Galeries Normandin shopping center? What new info do they have?

I showed the video to a male friend. Without telling him what was going on, and who the boy, was I asked what he thought he was doing. Without skipping a beat, he said the boy was turning to look at someone following him. :notgood:

Ouch !
On the other hand, a 10 year old boy walking alone on a silent and desert street for the first time ever, after being told by his caring and protective parents to beware of strangers, might be a little edgy.

I showed the video to a male friend. Without telling him what was going on, and who the boy, was I asked what he thought he was doing. Without skipping a beat, he said the boy was turning to look at someone following him. :notgood:

I thought the same thing when I saw it, and just now showed my husband (without context). He said "It looks like he turned around because he heard something."

Are LE still searching the waters?
We have a little fellow here in Ontario that was swept into flooding waters and still hasn’t been found but there are searches by locals and LE daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the video for the first time. If I watch his footwork closely, it almost looks to me like dance steps. There are some "line dancing" step sequences like that. Probably coincidence but it's what I noticed first.
Funny you should say that, it is what i thought too- he looked surefooted and agile.imo.

Maybe someone gave him a soccer ball on his way to his friend.

I have my suspicions about that lady at the park, did she even meet with the family to talk to them? She was supposedly the last person to see Ariel. The nice thing to do would be to contact the family and talk to them, they must have a million questions.

He was seen on video without a ball only few buildings away (the garage), and then seen on video (the turning around one) two buildings later, which is the very last building before the apartment complex where his friend lives. Then we hear that the witness in the car said he saw Ariel with a soccer ball at the complex. So he either found the ball at the complex, or someone gave it to him or someone lied or mistook what they saw. It could be a reporting error, but that would be a strange thing to mistakenly add an extra fact.

The only witness that puts him in the park next to the water is that one woman. And it took her two days to come forward. And she initially never told the police this info but rather told a third party and it’s this third party who went to the police.
So the witness might be a red herring IMO.
The very first reports of Ariel’s disappearance stated emphatically that he frequented the “maison des jeunes/ youth center du parc Mesy” and thé Galeries Normandin/ shopping mall. But then the youth center put out a release saying absolutely not had he ever frequented their establishment as it was a drop in center for 13-17 year olds and they kept strict records on those attending and his name never appeared in their files. And that he was not a regular at the Galeries Normandin that he was actually a homebody who attended school, went to soccer practice and spent his free time playing video games or watching tv at home.
This all bothers me.
Why the sudden switch to the Galeries Normandin shopping center? What new info do they have?
I seriously am thinking that lady saw someone else. I'm sure there are other kids that could look like him. I know police have confirmed the sighting, however......

Ariel, please be safe. Mommy needs you[emoji177]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I've just let my 13 year old boy watch the CCTV and he said the boy was looking to see who was shouting to him and wanted to carry on walking off quickly. I asked why he thought he wanted him to walk off quickly and he said " if I heard another boy shouting me I would stop and turn around but if I heard a man shout me I would turn around while carrying on walking, like that boy is doing in case it is a bad man trying to catch me". When he said that, it made sense. Why not stop and turn around instead of continuing to walk. What ever he could have had him at least a little bit worried to keep on moving.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/without...ariel-kouakou-10-continues-saturday-1.3846193
Montreal Police have publicly denounced a series of "unfounded" social media posts claiming that Ariel was spotted with a couple in Halifax
Volunteers continue to comb the area around Kouakou’s home, speaking to those in the area and asking if anyone has seen any trace of the boy. They asked that anyone with information who doesn’t feel comfortable talking to police should seek out one of the volunteers and talk anonymously..
Ariel's loved ones have received many messages of support, including one from Dolores Soucy -- mother of Jolene Riendeau, a young girl from Pointe-Saint-Charles who disappeared in 1999. Her remains were found 12 years later, in 2011.

Soucy said she empathizes with the Kouakou family, and despite the difficulty, encouraged them to remain hopeful.

"Without hope, there is nothing," she said.
rbbm.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...es-QC-12-April-1999&highlight=Jolene+Riendeau
Jolene Riendeau, 10, Point St Charles, QC, 12 April 1999

Ariel's disappearance is heartrending...I keep checking.
Please find this boy, one way or the other....his poor parents cannot continue in this nightmare limbo. I feel awful for them. :(
Let him be found safe.......let there be a good outcome.

Quite simply, if the woman in the park is correct, the most likely scenario is that he fell through the ice. If he went into the park, he was an explorer/curious and might not have cared about getting his shoes dirty.

On the other hand if her sighting is a red herring, I would suspect abduction.

I read somewhere the woman in the park said the boy she talked to was upset he could not play with his friend. Seems it would be a big coincidence for that to be some other boy she talked too? Unless she made up the story entirely, I tend to believe it. If true though, he must have been very tired and cold by that point. Unless he went somewhere else before the park, like a mall.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I would find the woman more believable if she saw him closer to the time that he went to his friends house and found him not home. At that point he probably was visibly sad and disappointed.
Three hours later would be still be so visibly sad and upset that he would verbalize it to a stranger?? Knowing my own 10 year old has the attention span of a gnat and gets over things quickly before the next crisis occurs I would say no.

And regarding the video footage, my initial impression was .. why is that boy walking so fast? That stood out to me right away.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I would find the woman more believable if she saw him closer to the time that he went to his friends house and found him not home. At that point he probably was visibly sad and disappointed.
Three hours later would be still be so visibly sad and upset that he would verbalize it to a stranger?? Knowing my own 10 year old has the attention span of a gnat and gets over things quickly before the next crisis occurs I would say no.

I agree. The more I think about it, the more difficult it is for me to imagine a 10 year old complaining to a complete stranger about having a bad day.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4089330/...ng-offered-by-family-of-missing-montreal-boy/
Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou’s father, Kouadio Frédéric Kouakou, said the family was offering a $10,000 reward to the person who could help them find their son and urged anyone with information to contact police.

“Please help us,” said Kouakou. “Please, we want our kid. Please, we want our son Ariel. We miss him so much. Five long nights without sleep – can you imagine that?”

Not sure how long the family has been in Canada, but looking at some information about the Ivory Coast, it is understandable that an abduction would be one of the first things they suspected in Jeffrey's disappearance..
imo, speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/02/11/child-murders-in-ivory-coast-spark-panic-over-ritual-killings.html
https://news.vice.com/article/ivory...ity-officers-to-tackle-wave-of-child-killings

In one of the videos the father said they had lived in that particular neighborhood for 6 years. I don't know where they lived before, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.

Montreal is generally so safe....this is awful....

In one of the videos the father said they had lived in that particular neighborhood for 6 years. I don't know where they lived before, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.

Montreal is generally so safe....this is awful....

Quite true - feels like a safe city. It sounds like his parents were working and he had permission to visit a friend. When he arrived at the friend's house, the friend was not there, and from that point on nothing is known about what he did. Did he wander around a bit, get lost, then cold and then unable to figure out how to ask for assistance?

It's obvious why people are asked to check their sheds. Abduction seems like the last possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990